Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?

Go down 
+15
journeyman
thejokeriv
KissinMaiden
Tall Tyrion
Lurideath
Neuropete
MoonChild
Troublezone
rattpoison
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
ultmetal
Thrasher73
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:53 pm

troublezone wrote:
KISS really wasn't his natural style he was holding back.

I'll bet that's the case with all of them. I remember Vinnie Vincent saying that KISS had him play in a certain way to complement Paul's guitar style. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's what KISS required of him to get the gig.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:54 pm

VV by a landslide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:55 pm

A lot of Vinnie Vincent fans!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:32 pm

Vinnie - too bad he couldn't play ball with gene and paul, the 80's kiss could have been better. I will give Bruce his credit - he did some great guitar work. Mark's solos were great - I remember everyone raving about how great the solos on animalize were

Tommy does a good job for the part he is asked to play
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:13 am

Bruce
Vinnie
Mark St. John

I like all three for what they brought to the band. I put Bruce above the other two because there is more material to judge from and because I saw Kiss with Bruce 5 times on 2 tours. I do have to say that Vinnie and Mark were good. I kinda feel bad for Tommy, he is playing the role of "ace" and not himself. Pay check or not it's gotta be tough to know that the fans wish it was Ace and not him up there playing the guitar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Yeah...Fans want to see Ace not another guy...But it would be cool to know who is really Tommy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
I prefer seeing Vinnie with Ankh(Anhk?) make-up that Tommy with Ace Frehley's make-up...

Same here. I sort of wish they would drop the make-up now, release something new with this line-up and tour for that instead.

HERE HERE ! I've been saying that for quite some time now. As for guitaists, I think my favorite Ace replacement is Bruce. He's a great player and I also met him twice (great guy!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:58 pm

And he's the only one who tried to sing.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Vinnie Vincent is my favorite without a doubt, I like him better than Ace even. Easily the best guitarist they had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Tommy is just playing a role, one he is being paid to play. A hack he is not. His Black n Blue material proves he is a good guitarist.

Kiss is a traveling 70's side-show right now. Love 'em or hate 'em, that's what they are doing. I saw them with Tommy opening for Aerosmith and enjoyed it. Was it the same? No. Was it good? Yes. Tommy doesn't do Ace's solo, or his smoking guitar, or any of his stage acts. He doesn't get up there and sing Ace's songs. He's just playing guitar. I can't fault him for that. If you want to blame someone, that would be Gene Simmons.

I think Tommy's doing the Ace smoking solo on the Alive 35 tour. Also, he's now singing "Shock Me". I think Gene and Paul are trying to recreate the feel of original KISS, what with the largely-classic material set list and all.

I agree with all the Bruce lovers that he was awesome, but I can't get into most of his KISS material. The only reason really is that I don't like 80s glam shred. I like solos that compliment a song, not obliterate it. He went overboard too often. Of course, it was the time. I do love his work on Revenge, though.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 9:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
troublezone wrote:
I'll go with Mark. He was the underdog but in reality he smokes all the others. RIP

How do you know he smokes the others? What did he do that 'smokes all the others'? Or are you just stating your opinion? Just curious because the stuff he did with KISS was great, but the guitar work wasn't any better than Bruce Kulick.

🤘

I have an album by White Tiger with Mark playing guitar and David Donato singing. Gonna have to dig it out and listen, havn't put it on a turntable since the late 80's
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:17 am

I like all. Preference would be Bruce, but as Ult said, Vinnie gave them a much needed shot in the arm with their songwriting.

I like Tommy alot. He's just playing a role and he seems like a really cool down to earth guy from all the interviews of his I've read.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:18 am

James B. wrote:

I have an album by White Tiger with Mark playing guitar and David Donato singing. Gonna have to dig it out and listen, havn't put it on a turntable since the late 80's

Awesome, I've wanted to hear ANYTHING by White Tiger for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:11 pm

Quote :
Vinnie was a great songwriter, gave the band a kick in the pants when they needed it,

So true, bro. I'll take Bruce though. Certainly not Tommy Thayer.

Ace is Kiss, imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:16 am

I think people are being very unfair about Tommy Thayer. If Gene and Paul think he's good than I do to!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:36 am

White Tiger was a good band. Solid 80's metal. 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:42 pm

bruce kulick could shred like a beast. there is summat about tommy thayer i just dont like. eric singer is a wortyh successor to peter criss i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2