Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?

Go down 
+15
journeyman
thejokeriv
KissinMaiden
Tall Tyrion
Lurideath
Neuropete
MoonChild
Troublezone
rattpoison
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
ultmetal
Thrasher73
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Empty
PostSubject: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm

Who do you prefer? Bruce Kulick? Vinnie Vincent? Mark St.John or Tommy Thayer? I think I will go with Vinnie and Bruce...Yeah I'm talking about Ace Frehley's remplacents.

I like how Vinnie make it so Heavy and how Bruce is playin'.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Bruce for me.I also liked Mark St. John.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:28 pm

1-Vinnie Vincent (please come out of hiding)
2-Mark St. John (R.i.p.)
3- i really could care less about the others to be quite honest....

IronAge--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:29 pm

I'm surprised I wasn't thinking that someone will say Mark...I mean he played only 2 shows and a half with KISS (He also recorded Animalize)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:17 pm

Kiss has had an arsenal of great guitarist. All of them have been great. As for personalities, Bruce and Vinnie. Bruce was with Kiss a long time and is a great guitarist. Vinnie was a great songwriter, gave the band a kick in the pants when they needed it, and had that cool makeup on the Creatures tour.

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:27 pm

I prefer seeing Vinnie with Ankh(Anhk?) make-up that Tommy with Ace Frehley's make-up...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:48 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
I prefer seeing Vinnie with Ankh(Anhk?) make-up that Tommy with Ace Frehley's make-up...

Same here. I sort of wish they would drop the make-up now, release something new with this line-up and tour for that instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:01 pm

Eric and Vinnie were smart people don't take them for Peter or Ace...! Laughing I know a lot of people who can recognize Ace or Tommy...And their faces are really different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:17 pm

Alot of people don't know that Vinnie actually wrote songs for "The Bangles" among others and also wrote/played music for the old show "Happy Days".Mark had some terrible luck in his life.Not being able to continue with KISS due to "Reiter's Syndrome" which apparently caused his hands/wrists to flare up,causing chronic arthritis/joint/tendon swelling.That sucks! And then of course his passing recently,very unfortunate.

Last edited by on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:21 pm

Vinnie is the best guitarist KISS ever had, although Ace is my personal fav. Tommy Thayer is a hack. I'm sorry, anyone who can steal any identity and be cool with it is a hack. Bruce is the most solid guitarist the band ever had. St. John was just inthe right place at the right time. RIP.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:09 am

spectrefate wrote:
Tommy Thayer is a hack. I'm sorry, anyone who can steal any identity and be cool with it is a hack.

I don't think he really had a choice. He wanted to play music I'm sure, with KISS. Gene and Paul said that your going to wear Ace's make-up because we know what the fans like. I'm sure that is how it happened Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:36 am

And now Ace and Peter can't use their own make-up to do anything...I think that Gene and Paul have the right on each make-up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:50 am

I still get a shiver up my spine every time I see someone refer to Tommy Thayer as "KISS' guitarist" ... yeesh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I still get a shiver up my spine every time I see someone refer to Tommy Thayer as "KISS' guitarist" ... yeesh...

sick sick sick sick
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:43 pm

Tommy is just playing a role, one he is being paid to play. A hack he is not. His Black n Blue material proves he is a good guitarist.

Kiss is a traveling 70's side-show right now. Love 'em or hate 'em, that's what they are doing. I saw them with Tommy opening for Aerosmith and enjoyed it. Was it the same? No. Was it good? Yes. Tommy doesn't do Ace's solo, or his smoking guitar, or any of his stage acts. He doesn't get up there and sing Ace's songs. He's just playing guitar. I can't fault him for that. If you want to blame someone, that would be Gene Simmons.

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:11 pm

Yeah...Actually Gene is always doing bad and good things for the band. I don't think it's Paul fault if Ace leaved the band...Ace and Eric Carr were good friend no? Paul was more with Gene than with Ace but Gene Simmons is the guy who don't think like Ace...Ace it's the crazy-cool-musician and Gene have one of the best marketing sense and he's a beast on stage. Gene and Ace are two different guys.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:18 am

Vinnie Vincent for me cause I like his solo stuff too.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 6:00 am

Ah you Ace loyalist's, i gotta admit Ace Frehley is and will always be the only member of Kiss i have ever liked. But whats with the all the heat on Tommy Thayer. The guy's place is secured in hard rock/metal history with the brilliant Black N' Blue. And nothing can take that away, not even the cries of blasphemy that has been bought on him just cause he wears the same stupid make up and suit as Ace Frehley. Because that's all it comes down to the image, i always thought rock n' roll was about the music not the image. But maybe i'm wrong, maybe the Kiss fans cherish the sacred image more than the music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 7:34 am

I'll go with Mark. He was the underdog but in reality he smokes all the others. RIP
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:44 am

Bruce Kulick ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:28 pm

troublezone wrote:
I'll go with Mark. He was the underdog but in reality he smokes all the others. RIP

How do you know he smokes the others? What did he do that 'smokes all the others'? Or are you just stating your opinion? Just curious because the stuff he did with KISS was great, but the guitar work wasn't any better than Bruce Kulick.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 6:39 pm

Hmmm... it is a tough decision between Bruce and Vinnie for me. I used to own a cassette of the Vinnie Vincent Invasion, and I must admit I rather enjoyed it.

If I had to choose between the two of them, I think I would have to say Bruce.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 7:21 pm

Well I'd go with Vinnie Vincent on this. Although I like all of them.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
troublezone wrote:

How do you know he smokes the others? What did he do that 'smokes all the others'? Or are you just stating your opinion? Just curious because the stuff he did with KISS was great, but the guitar work wasn't any better than Bruce Kulick.

:metal:
Before he joined KISS he was known for his Lynch style shredding which to me is right up my alley!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:25 pm

KISS really wasn't his natural style he was holding back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?   Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce?Vinnie?Mark?Tommy?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next