Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...

Go down 
+15
choosemetal
Shawn Of Fire
kethdredd
GrandNational
80s Metal Lady
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Vexer6
Boris2008
DeathCult
ultmetal
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 5:29 pm

Usually at Amazon if you order the regular version of any physical format with the AutoRip feature they send you the complete digital version including any "deluxe edition" or "special edition" bonus tracks. They make no distinction between the two versions on AutoRip. For instance, I ordered the standard jewel case edition of the Exodus Blood In Blood Out and I got the deluxe edition bonus track. Same thing with that Dio tribute from earlier in the year.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
John Gallagher revealed the track list to the bonus "Party Killers" cover album (which will be available only to Kickstarter donors) on FB a little while ago.

- "Too Bad Too Sad" (Nazareth)
- "Bad Reputation" (Thin Lizzy)
- "Cockroach" (Sweet)
- "Fireball" (Deep Purple)
- "Hang on to Yourself" (David Bowie)
- "He's a Whore" (Cheap Trick)
- "In For the Kill" (Budgie)
- "Is There a Better Way" (Status Quo)
- "Ogre Battle" (Queen)
- "Queen of My Dreams" (Edgar Winter)
- "Tak Me Bak Ome" (Slade)

Nice track listing. It's good to see them tackle something different instead of the usual suspects.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:10 am

Hmmm, that just made the prospect of actually donating to Kickstarter that much more interesting.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:03 pm

I donated Saturday so I could get both albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 10:36 am

nevermore wrote:

I broke my Kickstarter cherry. I pledged today for both albums. Looks like they are about $1500 short of their $15,000 goal with just under a month to go, so it looks like a sure bet.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I broke my Kickstarter cherry. I pledged today for both albums. Looks like they are about $1500 short of their $15,000 goal with just under a month to go, so it looks like a sure bet.

This was my first time for pledging to a band on Kickstarter, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 9:42 am

John Gallagher reported on Facebook yesterday that they'd met the $15K goal for the new album. Woohoo!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 9:44 am

RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 811939$15,368

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Raven have released some clips from the Party Killers covers album:

https://soundcloud.com/raven-lunatics
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 9:59 am

They played a new song at the show Saturday night. I don't know the name, but it sounded like a fast Raven tune. Nothing shocking there I suppose.

Here's the new album cover...
RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Ravenexterminationcd

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 11:11 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They played a new song at the show Saturday night. I don't know the name, but it sounded like a fast Raven tune. Nothing shocking there I suppose.

Here's the new album cover...
RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Ravenexterminationcd

Nice cover!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 12:36 pm

I love this cover. Oh I am so getting this one headbanger
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 8:43 am

Just got the notification from Kickstarter...asking for my shipping address as well as if I want my CD autographed by the band. Should be getting these in the near future!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:34 am

Yea, I got my notification email this morning too. They haven't announced a formal release date other than "January", have they?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:04 am

Not that I'm aware of, but the fact they are asking for a shipping address is very encouraging!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:57 am

Red Kitty wrote:
Just got the notification from Kickstarter...asking for my shipping address as well as if I want my CD autographed by the band.  Should be getting these in the near future!

I did too!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:00 pm

nevermore wrote:
Red Kitty wrote:
Just got the notification from Kickstarter...asking for my shipping address as well as if I want my CD autographed by the band.  Should be getting these in the near future!

I did too!

Same here. Responded. Can't wait. Bought the 2 CDs. Would have liked to have purchased the vinyl too, but you can't have everything I guess.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:23 pm

So unless it arrives in the next day or 2, I guess Raven's going to miss their projected release date of "January". Dang. Crying or Very sad

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Bummer

Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:51 pm

Raven deserves much respect. That should've been huge if only they didn't listen to the knuckleheads at Atlantic Records.

CRASH BANG WALLOP!
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 8:58 am

Release date announcement. It's rather awkwardly written but it sounds like the USA version will have a bonus track.

Raven wrote:

RAVEN are that rare thing in music: true originals. Cut these guys with a razor and they will bleed true heavy metal - a more intense live band does not exist on this planet! And now, after 5 years, the new album will hit the streets in April.

"ExtermiNation" will be released in Scandinavia on April 22nd, Germany on April 24th, in Europe on April 27th and the USA on April 28th, as a digipak version (w/1 bonus track) 2 LP gatefold green vinyl and download, through SPV/Steamhammer.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 10:29 am

Here is the tracklisting:

Tracklisting:
1. Destroy All Monsters
2. Tomorrow
3. It`s Not What You Got
4. Fight
5. Battle March/Tank Treads (The Blood Runs Red)
6. Feeding The Monster
7. Fire Burns Within
8. Scream
9. One More Day
10. Thunder Down Under
11. No Surrender
12. Golden Dawn
13. Silver Bullet
14. River Of No Return
15. Malice In Geordieland (Bonus Track)
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 1:18 pm

RAVEN are that rare thing in music, true originals – cut these guys with a razor and they will bleed true heavy metal - a more intense live band does not exist on this planet! And now, after 5 years since the last studio album, the new album will hit the steets in April.
"ExtermiNation" will be released in Scandinavia on April 22nd, in Germany on April 24th, in Europe on April 27th and in the USA on April 28th as a digipak version (incl. 1 bonus track), 2LP gatefold green vinyl version and download through SPV/Steamhammer.
In commemoration of Bon Scott`s death 35 years ago today, RAVEN release a snippet of their new song "Thunder Down Under".
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:50 am

This kinda pisses me off.

We, the Kickstarter contributers, were promised an album in January. We got an update asking if we wanted our copies signed, which I wrongfully assumed meant the albums were forthcoming. Then nothing. No updated emails. Silence. January and most of February goes with no updates.

Finally, they go and send a press release that the album isn't coming until April? A few days after that, I get an email saying that all copies were being delayed until the announced April release date. What the hell, man?

I understand that things happen that are out of the band's control, but stupid stuff like lack of communication and missing deadlines is making me distrust the whole Kickstarter thing. That bonus track better be included on my copy too or I'll really be pissed.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 11:30 am

I'm glad I only paid 5 bucks so I don't feel too ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next