Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...

Go down 
+15
choosemetal
Shawn Of Fire
kethdredd
GrandNational
80s Metal Lady
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Vexer6
Boris2008
DeathCult
ultmetal
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Empty
PostSubject: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:32 pm

RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Photo-main

Raven have a new album in the works for a 2015 release, to be entitled ExtermiNation. Apparently the album will be released via SPV Records, but "due to the state of the record industry" SPV can "only partially fund" the album's production. Therefore Raven have set up a Kickstarter to fund the remaining costs. As usual, there are the usual assortment of goodies available as donor rewards, including patches, exclusive T-shirts, vinyl, etc. etc.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1085707767/extermination

As an added bonus, anyone who contributes $20 or more to the production of "ExtermiNation" will receive an album of newly recorded cover tunes called "Party Killers," which will be an exclusive release only for Kickstarter backers.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Now this is a Kickstarter I will support. I know they will deliver the album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Now this is a Kickstarter I will support.  I know they will deliver the album.  

Yeah, I normally don't bother with these things, but Raven is one of my all time fave bands, so I'll probably kick in a few bucks for this one....

(checks PayPal balance)

...but not this week, anyway Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:30 pm

This is a kickstarter I will support! And they are not ridiculously priced either. You actually GET something for backing the band, unlike many other kickstarted programs I will not mention by name (coughBLOODGOODcough).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:31 pm

This sounds like a cool idea. I've never done the kickstarter thing before but I am tempted on this one.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 9:51 pm

This one I will contribute to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:36 am

I think that it goes against all of the reasons I like Kickstarter. I'll pick up the CD if it's any good but I won't contribute to this.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
This is a kickstarter I will support! And they are not ridiculously priced either. You actually GET something for backing the band, unlike many other kickstarted programs I will not mention by name (coughBLOODGOODcough).
What was Bloodgood's Kickstarter campaign like?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 7:53 pm

007 wrote:
This sounds like a cool idea. I've never done the kickstarter thing before but I am tempted on this one.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:23 am

007 wrote:

Me too. I would almost maybe consider possibly making a contribution. Probably not though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 3:35 pm

I made a contribution to this a few days ago, can't wait to get those exclusive songs.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Bloodgood:

Reward #1 - $10 You want nothing more than to see BLOODGOOD's new album become a reality. It's like throwing a ten spot into one of our guitar cases just because you love our music!

Reward #2 - $20 You get an advance digital download of the album when it becomes available.

Reward #3 - $30 You get an official physical CD of the album when it becomes available, as well as an advance digital download.

Reward #4 - $50 You get an autographed copy of the album by all the members of the band (Michael, Les, Paul, Oz, & Kevin) when it becomes available, as well as the advance digital download.

$400 - YOU will get to perform BACKGROUND VOCALS on one of BLOODGOOD's new songs for this album and be personally coached by Les Carlsen! YOUR NAME will be immortalized in the ALBUM CREDITS! All you need is a smart phone and an email address. PLUS you will get an AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF THE CD for your memorabilia. (Feel free to add your own autograph!)

Reward #12 - $777 You will receive FIVE HANDWRITTEN and SIGNED LYRIC SHEETS personalized for you: "The Messiah" and "Seven" by Les Carlsen, "Black Snake" and "Out of the Darkness" by Michael Bloodgood, and a song of your choice from the new album! Plus everything in Reward #9.

Reward #15 - $5,000 BLOODGOOD will write a FULLY PRODUCED ROCK AND ROLL SONG based on YOUR LIFE STORY! PLUS, everything in rewards #2-9
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Cool that Raven is offering vinyl!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:09 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

$400 - YOU will get to perform BACKGROUND VOCALS on one of BLOODGOOD's new songs for this album and be personally coached by Les Carlsen! YOUR NAME will be immortalized in the ALBUM CREDITS! All you need is a smart phone and an email address. PLUS you will get an AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF THE CD for your memorabilia. (Feel free to add your own autograph!)

This is cool if someone really liked the band. Not too much considering to actually be on the album.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:42 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Bloodgood:

Reward #12 - $777 You will receive FIVE HANDWRITTEN and SIGNED LYRIC SHEETS personalized for you: "The Messiah" and "Seven" by Les Carlsen, "Black Snake" and "Out of the Darkness" by Michael Bloodgood, and a song of your choice from the new album! Plus everything in Reward #9.

Reward #15 - $5,000 BLOODGOOD will write a FULLY PRODUCED ROCK AND ROLL SONG based on YOUR LIFE STORY! PLUS, everything in rewards #2-9

This just came out today. Perhaps Bloodgood should have been included (I know it's not an invention, just saying, cause what they want is ridiculous):

Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:07 am

I don't think the rewards are all that great. Better than Bloodgood? Yes, but thats not saying much. $45 for the vinyl and you don't even get the new record for that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 am

I don't get anyone's Kickstarter reward of "CD + digital download of the album"....if you're getting the CD, you can rip it yourself.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:21 am

They're almost halfway to their $15K goal already, with more than a month to go.
...so hey, at least they're better at this than Vixen was. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't get anyone's Kickstarter reward of "CD + digital download of the album"....if you're getting the CD, you can rip it yourself.

You usually get the download immediately after payment or as soon as it's available instead of waiting for the actual cd to arrive. In this day and age of "I want it NOW", I guess that's the incentive.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 10:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You usually get the download immediately after payment or as soon as it's available instead of waiting for the actual cd to arrive. In this day and age of "I want it NOW", I guess that's the incentive.

I guess...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Almost $8500 raised thus far.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 11:38 am

John Gallagher revealed the track list to the bonus "Party Killers" cover album (which will be available only to Kickstarter donors) on FB a little while ago.

- "Too Bad Too Sad" (Nazareth)
- "Bad Reputation" (Thin Lizzy)
- "Cockroach" (Sweet)
- "Fireball" (Deep Purple)
- "Hang on to Yourself" (David Bowie)
- "He's a Whore" (Cheap Trick)
- "In For the Kill" (Budgie)
- "Is There a Better Way" (Status Quo)
- "Ogre Battle" (Queen)
- "Queen of My Dreams" (Edgar Winter)
- "Tak Me Bak Ome" (Slade)

Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
John Gallagher revealed the track list to the bonus "Party Killers" cover album (which will be available only to Kickstarter donors) on FB a little while ago.

- "Too Bad Too Sad" (Nazareth)
- "Bad Reputation" (Thin Lizzy)
- "Cockroach" (Sweet)
- "Fireball" (Deep Purple)
- "Hang on to Yourself" (David Bowie)
- "He's a Whore" (Cheap Trick)
- "In For the Kill" (Budgie)
- "Is There a Better Way" (Status Quo)
- "Ogre Battle" (Queen)
- "Queen of My Dreams" (Edgar Winter)
- "Tak Me Bak Ome" (Slade)

I really want to hear that Thin Lizzy cover!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I guess...

It's the same as Amazon does with "auto rip". You buy the LP or CD and are able to download it immediately while you wait for the physical item to arrive. This comes in handy when there is a manufacturing error and an LP release gets delayed a full month....

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 5:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I guess...

It's the same as Amazon does with "auto rip".  You buy the LP or CD and are able to download it immediately while you wait for the physical item to arrive.  This comes in handy when there is a manufacturing error and an LP release gets delayed a full month....

That reminds me, I ordered the new "Houses Of The Holy" vinyl from Amazon. I noticed it has an auto-rip feature, which is cool. Looks like I'll get the digital version before the vinyl version. Did the same thing with the first 3 Zep vinyl albums and Queen "News Of The World". As soon as I paid, I had those files waiting for me but had to wait for the Zep downloads until the day of release. One cool thing about it, and I believe Amazon messed up, was that for Zep I they let me download the "extended version" with all the bonus cuts when I ordered the regular vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...   RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RAVEN doing the Kickstarter thing for new album...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next