Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
exact33
corplhicks
manny
Boris2008
DallasBlack
DakotaRogers
James B.
Leatherface
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
nevermore
thejokeriv
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Watched the Packers beat up on the Panthers.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:44 pm

THe Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39652

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:00 am

Steelers vs Texans
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 3:11 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Satan's Little Helper" (2004)

In this absolutely craptacular no budget horror comedy (tho I think the comedy is mostly unintentional) from Jeff "Squirm" Lieberman (that should've been my first red flag), an apparently retarded kid becomes a serial killer's unwitting assistant on Halloween night... because he thinks the masked psycho is a character from his favorite video game. Yeah, that boy ain't right.

As if the concept wasn't stupid enough, this kid was so annoying that fifteen minutes in I was already hoping that the psycho would twist his head off, but no such luck.

Seriously folks, y'all know I love me some bad movies but this wasn't even close to the "good" kind of bad. I think watching this film gave me a traumatic brain injury. For the love of God, avoid this movie!!!

I've been contemplating on watching this on Netflix but was really on the fence about it.

As the self appointed Bad Movie Guy of this forum, I can say with some authority that you DON'T want to watch this movie. My brain still hurts three days later!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 4:06 pm

I watched a Family Guy episode titled "Mother Tucker" last night. Peter's mother gets involved in a relationship with news reporter Tom Tucker, while Brian and Stewie have a Howard Stern styled radio show. Funny episode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I watched a Family Guy episode titled "Mother Tucker" last night. Peter's mother gets involved in a relationship with news reporter Tom Tucker, while Brian and Stewie have a Howard Stern styled radio show. Funny episode.

lol! Dingo and the Baby !
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 5:53 pm

"Life - Season 1: Reptiles"

I swear nobody does nature documentaries as well as the BBC. I've watched this series over and over and over and it still never bores me. The drama of a "herd" of komodo dragons bringing down an ox then waiting for days as their slow poison takes effect is a good example of how the BBC keeps these things not only educational but more importantly, involving.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:43 pm

WS: SF vs KC

With James Shields and Madison Bumgarner starting this game I sure didn't see a 5-0 Giants start coming.

C'mon Royals!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 pm

The Flash and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 10:30 pm

I watched a Family Guy episode after work, titled Hell Comes to Quahog. Meg gets a job at Superstore USA, a local business which ruins Quahog's economy and upsets the town.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Satan's Little Helper" (2004)

In this absolutely craptacular no budget horror comedy (tho I think the comedy is mostly unintentional) from Jeff "Squirm" Lieberman (that should've been my first red flag), an apparently retarded kid becomes a serial killer's unwitting assistant on Halloween night... because he thinks the masked psycho is a character from his favorite video game. Yeah, that boy ain't right.

As if the concept wasn't stupid enough, this kid was so annoying that fifteen minutes in I was already hoping that the psycho would twist his head off, but no such luck.

Seriously folks, y'all know I love me some bad movies but this wasn't even close to the "good" kind of bad. I think watching this film gave me a traumatic brain injury. For the love of God, avoid this movie!!!

I've been contemplating on watching this on Netflix but was really on the fence about it.

As the self appointed Bad Movie Guy of this forum, I can say with some authority that you DON'T want to watch this movie. My brain still hurts three days later!!

I read the synopsis of it after it being mentioned in a list (can't remember what the list was). Seems pretty bad but after my last delve into bad horror, I think I can handle anything. Case in point:

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 MV5BMTQ0MTQ0OTY3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjMxODc3MTE@._V1_SY1200_CR88,0,630,1200_AL_

I was worried about how the dwarf wrestler Hornswaggle would do as Warwick's character. No need to worry as all he did was wear a costume and growl. This was supposed to be a more serious monster horror movie than the original and in some way succeeded (though it was still pretty corny). This of course made the movie quite bland. Say what you will about the original, Warwick Davis' character was entertaining and made the movie pretty fun. This was fairly boring but of course I was never expecting much in the first place. The funny thing was this had been available at Redbox for three weeks and this was the first time they actually had it.

I'm now watching:

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 See+no

The first one wasn't bad and I'm expecting this one to be ok too. Good old bloody, slasher fun. Not my usual fare of entertainment but nice once in a while. I'm just hoping to have no sympathy for the characters as it's easier to watch them get killed when you don't care about them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:48 am

The Beyond
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:12 am

I enjoyed See No Evil 1. The characters were very unlikeable so it was fun watching them get knocked off. And Kane basically just played his wrestling character but actually did the things he projects doing in the ring.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:55 am

tohostudios wrote:
I enjoyed See No Evil 1.  The characters were very unlikeable so it was fun watching them get knocked off.  And Kane basically just played his wrestling character but actually did the things he projects doing in the ring.

Yeah, "See No Evil" was dumb but fun. I didn't even know there was a "2" till just now. Looking @ its IMDb entry I see it was directed by the Soska sisters. I enjoyed their last flick ("American Mary"), plus it's got Danielle Harris and Katherine Isabelle ("American Mary," "Being Human") in it? Nice. I may have to check this one out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:44 am

Watched game 1 of the World Series last night.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:20 am

Agents of shield
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:49 pm

It's my day off 'n' the weather sucks, so Wifey and I fired up Netflix for a Schlock-Tober double feature:

"Detention" (2011)

A tiresome high school horror/comedy that wishes it was as clever as "Scream" but in the end is barely a cut above crap like the "Scary Movie" series. It's prom season and a psycho killer is stalking a high school full of annoyingly ironic hipster larva who constantly break the "4th wall" to make '90s pop culture references to the audience. This flick is mildly funny at the begining, starts getting irritating around the halfway point and makes the leap to "utterly random nonsense" by the end. I got a few chuckles here and there but that's about all the praise I can give it.

"Return to Horror High" (1987)

A low budget film crew is shooting a horror flick at an abandoned high school that was the site of a famous mass murder...naturally, a masked somebody-or-other starts picking off the cast and crew one by one. There's nothing here that you haven't seen in 1000 other slashers but "Horror High" is worth a look just for the cast, which includes the always welcome Alex Rocco as a sleazy producer, a young, then-unknown George Clooney (in his film debut) and a hilarious Maureen "Marcia Brady" McCormick (who rubs her blood-covered breasts and drops an "F" bomb)!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:45 pm

"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" (2013)

Jennifer Lawrence returns for a second round of futuristic fight-to-the-death fun in the continuation of the dystopian sci-fi series. Pretty cool, action packed stuff that actually held my 12 year old's attention for its entire two and a half hour length.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" (2013)

Jennifer Lawrence returns for a second round of futuristic fight-to-the-death fun in the continuation of the dystopian sci-fi series. Pretty cool, action packed stuff that actually held my 12 year old's attention for its entire two and a half hour length.

I'm not sure which surprises me more; your wife sat with you and watched those 2 Schlocktoberfest films or that that Hunger Games movie held the interest of a 12 year old for 2 1/2 hours. 

You seem to be living a charmed life these days FF.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Arrow
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 8:55 am

American Horror Story:Freak Show
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 10:07 am

toho wrote:
I'm not sure which surprises me more; your wife sat with you and watched those 2 Schlocktoberfest films or that that Hunger Games movie held the interest of a 12 year old for 2 1/2 hours.

You seem to be living a charmed life these days FF.

Laughing very hard Yeah, I should buy a lottery ticket this week, I may never have a lucky streak like this again!!

But seriously... my wife has been fairly tolerant of my schlocky tastes during this Halloween season, I guess cuz American Movie Classics' so-called "Fear Fest" offerings are the same crap they show every year (i.e. random "Friday the 13ths," the worst of the "Halloween" sequels, etc.) so at least I'm digging into stuff we haven't seen before.

She actually picked out the first movie ("Detention") yesterday, and when that ended we were both like "Uhhh, yeah, that sucked," so she threw me the remote and sez "Your turn to pick, maybe you can do better," and that's how we ended up with "Horror High"...which was also pretty terrible, but it at least had a few laughs... and Marcia Brady. Very Happy

007 wrote:

Is it just me or is this season taking forever to get going? We;re now what, three or four weeks in already and aside from the killer clown guy (they should forget the Freak Show characters and focus on him!), nothing much seems to be happening.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

007 wrote:

Is it just me or is this season taking forever to get going? We;re now what, three or four weeks in already and aside from the killer clown guy (they should forget the Freak Show characters and focus on him!), nothing much seems to be happening.

Well, now that you mention it, it has been a tad slow but the clown (played by the dude who played Drew's brother on the Drew Carey show) has kept the show very interesting. And, wouldn't that make an awesome Halloween costume?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 11:23 pm

"The Crow" (1994)

A mystical bird resurrects a murdered Goth-rocker (Brandon Lee, in his final film role) so he can avenge the death of his beloved. This stylish action flick was unfortunately marred by the on-set tragedy that took Lee's life, but 20 years after the fact it still holds up.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Crow" (1994)

A mystical bird resurrects a murdered Goth-rocker (Brandon Lee, in his final film role) so he can avenge the death of his beloved. This stylish action flick was unfortunately marred by the on-set tragedy that took Lee's life, but 20 years after the fact it still holds up.

I love this film and its the only Brandon Lee film I cared for
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 9 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next