Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Family vacation ideas

Go down 
+3
mc666
ultmetal
fishingd
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Family vacation ideas Empty
PostSubject: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 10:38 am

I'm looking for some ideas for a family vacation. I want something a bit off the beaten path, not the usual tourist traps. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 10:56 am

Cornerstone at the end of June.Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 1:04 pm

Family vacation? What sort of stuff does your family enjoy.

Cornerstone is a great place to visit if your family loves music. However, I've yet to meet a family where everyone likes the same kind of music. LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 1:28 pm

We love spelunking and usually end up near some cave or State Park. Had a great time at Stone Mountain, Ga. last year. Camped near Cleveland and hit the R&R Hall of Fame once. Sweetwater, Tenn. is a favorite too. Also loved the Civil War sites in and around Chatanooga with the Incline Railway. Every year we go to a 4-H Camp at Lake Cumberland near Nancy, Ky. I work while my kids take advantage of all the activities. I mostly want to try someplace new with a review from something or someone other than a website.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 2:03 pm

if you are interested in skiing or snowboarding, i can give you the name of a great spot in Colorado. we go once a year.

TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Not sure how "intense" you want your activities to be, but we went to Wonder Valley Family Camp last summer and had an awesome time. You can do as much or as little as you want, and have a great and relaxing time either way.

The counselors are all college kids and I've never been quite so impressed with a group of young people as I was with them. They really made the whole experience incredible because they all went the extra mile.

Here's a website for you to see if you're interested:

http://www.wondervalleyfamilycamp.com/index.html

And feel free to pick my brain if you need more info. Family vacation ideas 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 5:12 pm

New Jersey. Down by the shore Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 9:28 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
New Jersey. Down by the shore Laughing very hard

When your kids go for a swim and come out they'll probably have an extra arm or leg. Evil or Very Mad

Depending on their age take em to disney.... I always wanted to go there as a kid and then i went when i was like 12 and didn't find it too fun.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 8:56 am

Ahhh, camping and caves. You would probably really enjoy Carlsbad Caverns.

http://www.nps.gov/archive/cave/home.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:19 am

Carlsbad Caverns is on my want list and Disney is in the near future. Wonder Valley looks cool and I'd love to go back to Colorado, just not up for a cross-country trip while it's just me and the kids. Think I'll pass on Jersey altogether.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:25 am

Actually New Jersey is a great place. Lots of nice beaches. There's the boardwalk at Seaside Heights. I haven't been there in over a decade, but it use to be a cool place. There is also Wildwood.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:31 am

Theres always beautiful Bardstown,Ky.Theres this little place there called Wilson Bros,Chevrolet:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:33 am

Tennessee is pretty sweet; they have some beautiful sights and some fun things to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:37 am

Give me some specifics in Tenn. BTW, why aren't you in school?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 2:09 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Theres always beautiful Bardstown,Ky.Theres this little place there called Wilson Bros,Chevrolet:)

Don't tell the world thrasher! We'll never get a minute's rest! Everybody will rush to our little corner of the universe! Wilson Bros. will be so overrun we won't even have time to get online anymore! and what the heck would we do then? Wink
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:49 pm

Wally World is always good, unless it's closed when you go. Your last name is not Griswold by any chance is it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 8:45 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Wally World is always good, unless it's closed when you go. Your last name is not Griswold by any chance is it?

Park's closed folks. Moose out front shoulda told ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family vacation ideas   Family vacation ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Family vacation ideas
Page 1 of 1