Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions Not Retiring

Go down 
+26
Eyesore
iamrockerfun
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Gilbert
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
tul
MetalGuy71
Vexer6
ultmetal
Glower
glassprison
Sword Of The Heretic
DeathCult
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
James B.
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Lurideath
tohostudios
ze_mau
exact33
brokentulsa
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 1:10 am

exact33 wrote:
I think Sting in the Tail was very good (albeit a little too long) and I would be thrilled to have another similar album.

Same here!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:40 pm

I still need to listen to humanity cd. is it good?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I think it got fair-to-poor reviews and some criticism for using outside writers, most notably "hit-maker" Desmond Child, but I like it quite a bit. I'd recommend it and I'm not a huge Scorpions fan.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I think it got fair-to-poor reviews and some criticism for using outside writers, most notably "hit-maker" Desmond Child, but I like it quite a bit. I'd recommend it and I'm not a huge Scorpions fan.

Not as good as Sting In The Tail, 1000 times better than the POS before it.....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Didn't see this coming. Razz They've only done two albums and countless tours since announcing their "final" tour & album years ago.

I just want more new music from them. I think they've been on fire since the release of "Unbreakable". "Humanity - Hour I" is one of my favorite albums from them. The MTV Unplugged album was really good too.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Didn't see this coming. Razz They've only done two albums and countless tours since announcing their "final" tour & album years ago.

I just want more new music from them. I think they've been on fire since the release of "Unbreakable". "Humanity - Hour I" is one of my favorite albums from them. The MTV Unplugged album was really good too.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scorpions-to-celebrate-50th-anniversary-in-2015-with-new-studio-album-tour/

Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Scorpi10
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Now that the pesky farewell tour is out of the way, they can work on that 50th anniversary tour.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Scorpion's 50th anniversary tour sponsored by Fiber One:

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 5:04 pm

missing $ never ending tour, aka same bullshi* as we know. JP same, $ grabbers, we will see how it goes with MC.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Personally, I think when bands announce their retirement, they mean it. Stephen King announced his retirement years ago and I think he was sincere, but he has since written like a dozen books, some of his best ever. This is what these guys do. As much as they might, at the time, genuinely mean what they say, music or writing, or whatever their art may be, is what they do. It's part of who they are and it's nearly impossible to walk away from.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:22 am

Eyesore wrote:
Personally, I think when bands announce their retirement, they mean it. Stephen King announced his retirement years ago and I think he was sincere, but he has since written like a dozen books, some of his best ever. This is what these guys do. As much as they might, at the time, genuinely mean what they say, music or writing, or whatever their art may be, is what they do. It's part of who they are and it's nearly impossible to walk away from.

Lest we forget, while it's not an "easy" job, it's also a lot easier to imagine taking the stage or making records well past an age someone would want to be working in an office, a factory or a warehouse for any number of reasons.

It's also kind of funny that these "retirement" announcements are often made when things are otherwise tight or the band is already on tour and not when they're kicking back and having a good time. Look at Priest. They'd just lost a core member of the band and were ready to bow out. They bring in a replacement to go out on a high note with a new tour and decide to keep rolling because they were having a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 am

I think there was a time when retirement from the entertainment biz actually meant something, but the word has since lost it's meaning. It's now just tossed around casually from the artist's marketing and public relations teams.

It used to bug me but I've gotten over it. If the Scorps or Priest or KISS or whomever want to keep on keepin' on, that's their business. If it's a good product, awesome for me. If it sucks, too bad for them.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:00 am

Eyesore wrote:

Exactly...artists are emotional, impulsive and generally weird.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

and need cash  Razz 

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:44 am

This discussion of entertainment retirement reminds me of the ballad of pro wrestler Terry Funk. Guy "retired" in his early 40's then wrestled well into his 50s with several retirements in between then went into semi-retirement and still shows up from time to time despite turning 70 a few months ago. While another wrestler named Shawn Michaels retired four years ago and hasn't even showed an inkling of wanting to return. Some people just can't stay out of the spotlight while others are able to walk away and not look back.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:45 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
This discussion of entertainment retirement reminds me of the ballad of pro wrestler Terry Funk. Guy "retired" in his early 40's then wrestled well into his 50s with several retirements in between then went into semi-retirement and still shows up from time to time despite turning 70 a few months ago. While another wrestler named Shawn Michaels retired four years ago and hasn't even showed an inkling of wanting to return. Some people just can't stay out of the spotlight while others are able to walk away and not look back.

or Brett Farve.

Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 pm

I was always hoping that The Scorps would cancel their retirement. But hey they can order off the senior menu
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:18 pm

exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

and need cash  Razz 

In the case of Scorpions and Priest, I honestly don't think they're hurting for money.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Listening to Unplugged in Athens and really liking it. I just read a review on another music site that kind of slammed the concert for being to "world music" and not enough "rock n' roll" I think he missed the part about it being Unplugged!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 9:01 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

and need cash  Razz 

In the case of Scorpions and Priest, I honestly don't think they're hurting for money.

"Hurting for money" is such a relative term. Sure, they're probably not hurting for money, but you have to consider what they are putting OUT in relation to what's coming IN. Rock star living ain't cheap. Maybe Rudy Schenker only eats imported kobe beef dusted with coke. Or Rob Halford collects diamond encrusted butt plugs. Plus mansions, cars, ex-wives, drug habits, managers, accountants, agents, lawyers etc. all are expenses that don't necessarily go away just because you "retire".

Don't be fooled. It's always about money. Cool

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 1:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Or Rob Halford collects diamond encrusted butt plugs.

Ouch!!! I've picked those at Amazon several times (got a lot of perverts ordering from there). I think the size of those alone would be enough to cause imaginable pain. Unless it was for decorative purposes, it just doesn't sound practical.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 4:09 pm

are scorpions planning any new release soon?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 7:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Not as good as Sting In The Tail, 1000 times better than the POS before it.....

Are you talking about Unbreakable or did you mean Eye II Eye? Unbreakable was a very good return to form for the band after Eye II Eye, IMO.

Humanity was great. I wouldn't have minded if they kept going in that direction. One of my favorite Scorpions albums. And, actually, I was a bit disappointed that Sting in the Tail was a return to their '80s sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions Not Retiring
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3