Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
SAHB Healer
XYZ
scottmitchell74
exact33
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Empty
PostSubject: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:04 pm

best day of my life, even though I'll believe it when I see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:28 pm

Lovely day, Lovely day, Lovely day, later fav-re.

I am subscribing 100% to going with this overwhelming rush of positivity. Not even considering any possibility of coming back. That will only take away from my joy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:33 pm

Can he take pretty boy, prima donna, Tom Brady with him?? Please????

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Not until Brady spends every offeseaon for half a decade holding his team hostage with his selfish attitude about his retiring.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 pm

This just in.... Brett Favre has decided not to retire, but he has signed with the Vikings as a free agent.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Ohhhh...you mean that disease known as "Clemens-itis".

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
This just in.... Brett Favre has decided not to retire, but he has signed with the Vikings as a free agent.

I'll kill both of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:57 pm

he's worse than Clemens. Football is a way bigger team sport than baseball.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:34 pm

I dont know.. I kinda liked the way he would just throw the football up for grabs.. I knew he could beat you in heartbeat but he was just as likely to throw a pick...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:43 pm

Yeah, I actually like Favre. He's old school.

But I can understand the hatred too. It's like me with Tom Brady. I think he's somewhat overrated but I can't deny he's good. Doesn't stop me from hating him though.

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Tom is as good as his line as the Giants proved.

Brett could at least give back when he got hit.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Quote :
Tom is as good as his line as the Giants proved.

Thank you!!! Pats fans would have denied this all year. I felt all along you could put a common QB behind the Pats this year and he would have put up Pro Bowl numbers. NOW, Tom Brady is already good so he put up HISTORIC numbers. The more I've aged and watched football differently the more I believe to O and D lines are what rules the game.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Yeah, I keep saying if Marc Bulger had the Pats line in front of him, he'd light up the record book. Unfortunately, the Rams line is a walking MASH unit emulating Swiss cheese.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Sad day. Knew it was coming some time, but I didn't think it would be this year.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:42 am

I never really got attached to him because I'm an import. But the people here are definitely taking it hard. I noticed that people have been gravitating more toward the liquor section rather than the usual beer section since the news hit. And the hardware store was completely out of paint thinner.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:39 am

I was 17 when he hit, so although I appreciate the mans work and will miss him, I'm not super-attached.

But can you Imagine the 24 year old Green Bay fan who's first, most and greatest football memories all revolve around Brett Favre? He's been around so long I wonder if the NFL will ever be the same for them.

This is gonna sound REALLY corny, but I always felt lucky and blessed that the two players I hitched my wagon to as my "favorite" played incredibly long careers. I knew any connection to my childhood was over when they retired AND went into the H.O.F.

Marcus Allen and Eddie Murray in their respective sports became my favorites when I was 8 years old. I had different favorites in Football before then but Allen really stuck right from when he was a Rookie. They both played until 1997 or so so I got to watch them a long time. But when they retired, I lost a little something from each sport.

SO, farewell to Brett Favre and good luck to the Packer fans who'll be pretty lost and aimless for a while....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:49 am

Rich,I believe you mispelled his last name there bro scratch

lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:28 pm

I have been a Favre Fan since he was in college at Southern Miss. I like anyone who beats 'Bama. The way eyesore feels about Def Leppard is how I feel about Favre.
I truthfully cannot think of two QB's (Favre and Brady) who have done more with less around them (I am talking WR/RB/TE talent, not just O line). Without looking it up, try and name the three Patriots starting wideouts who beat Bruce, Holt, and Proehl in SB36.
I understand everyone has their favorites. But I don't understand the hatred of the guy. He is not the typical everything handed to him athlete (unlike Brady or the Mannings) and is totally old school; so I guess it's just jealousy cuz the other teams in the NFC North have had a collective 4886 different QB's since 1992 and no world titles. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Troy Bown. That's all I got! Good point!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:00 pm

You gotta respect the guy. I looked at his stats and he had at least 300 completions for over 3000 yards every year for 17 years. I hadn't realized that and found it amazing.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:02 pm

His stats are amazing. He's the Hank Aaron of QBs. No record setting seasons but all seasons are incredible and when the dust clears most of the all-time records are his.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:09 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

This is gonna sound REALLY corny, but..,

You don't realy need to preface your posts that way S&M74. We already know, it's pretty much a given. Smile

p.s.-Eddie Murray was another one of those guys like Favre that was mind bogglingly consistent. Respect for him too. And the Aaron analogy is perfect, right down to getting a championship for Wisconsin (1957).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:57 pm

I think Rich will agree, to a certain extent. We don't hate #4. We hate what he stands for - and that is the ridiculously mentalally challenged Packer fans whose breath smells of fart. The packer fans, especially the transplanted ones here in the Twin Towns, make me wanna puke. They come out from behind the cheddar curtain looking for employment, enjoyment, a higher standard of life, etc - then run around a Vikings town in green and gold. And I understand that geographically (MPLS/ST P is right on the cheeseland border) there may be some blowback, but that excuse will not quell our pissed-off-ness. I don't know Fav-re personally, so I can't hate him as a person OR a football player. It is simply his symbolism.

Oh yeah, I am a Jets fan, btw. And when he laid down for Strahan to get the sack record (******"Sack Record"), I thought that was the wussiest thing I have ever witnessed in professional sports. Gastineau is still the record-holder, and I will not recognize anything else until it is broken with integrity.

Personally, I would like to see Fav-re come back for another year, throw 40 more int's, go 6-10 and retire after another bad year, not a 13-3 year!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:59 pm

Quote :
You gotta respect the guy.
And I ain't GOTTA do anything but stay white and die.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:19 pm

Quote :
S&M74

Clever!! Laughing

Yeah, SAHB, I never thought about the Wisconsin Championship thing with Favre and Aaron.

Sax - I like Favre for my part, but I agree - that "Sack" was so bogus. It took away the record from someone who got it legit.

But Favre's rather long peak was something else....

Quote :
And I ain't GOTTA do anything but stay white and die.

Uh....we'll see about this, sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?   Nothing on Brett fagra retiring? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nothing on Brett fagra retiring?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: