Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nazareth Singer Retiring..

Go down 
+3
Wargod
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalRob331
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Empty
PostSubject: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 2:55 pm

FROM LOUDWIRE!!

After 45 years of fronting U.K. rock stalwarts Nazareth, singer Dan McCafferty has been forced to retire.

Fans won’t be surprised by McCafferty’s announcement. They’ve watched as health woes affected his ability to perform at a pair of recent Nazareth shows. On July 9, McCafferty collapsed onstage just moments into the band’s first song of the night, and on Aug. 24, after reportedly complaining of shortness of breath, he had to bow out partway through their allotted time at the Summerdays Festival in Switzerland.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 2:56 pm

45 years, whew!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Got to give him props, for someone who sounded like he gargled with Drano before going out on stage every night I'm amazed at the longevity of his career.

A shame that they are only remembered for a single album here in the States.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 3:49 pm

He is/was one of the best early in his career!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Well that's a bummer but I hope that the band has left quite a legacy of fantastic music!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
I believe I've only ever heard 3 songs of theirs - Love Hurts, This Flight Tonight & Razamanaz (and the latter only being covered by a couple bands) . I'm amazed that they have that extensive of a discography.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:03 pm

This was sad to hear about. One of my all time favorite classic bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:04 pm

007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I believe I've only ever heard 3 songs of theirs - Love Hurts, This Flight Tonight & Razamanaz (and the latter only being covered by a couple bands) . I'm amazed that they have that extensive of a discography.
You've surely heard the song "Hair of the dog", that's the chorus that goes "Now you're messin' with, a son of a bitch!"

Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:06 pm

S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
You've surely heard the song "Hair of the dog", that's the chorus that goes "Now you're messin' with, a son of a bitch!"  

Classic song that surprisingly I'm not sick of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:08 pm

My favorite Nazareth tunes are "Miss Misery" from Hair Of The Dog and "Kentucky Fried Blues" from Expect No Mercy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:12 pm

S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

You are correct sir ! How did I forget that one ?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:40 pm

The radio station here always says that's Nugent.. no lie.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Nazareth have a killer discography full of great rock songs. The album NEWZ gets daily spins from me still. Anyone that can do something they love for 45 years is blessed. Lets just hope his health gets better..

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:54 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:45 am

candlemass wrote:
Crowd seems to not even know the song Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth Singer Retiring..   Nazareth Singer Retiring.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nazareth Singer Retiring..
Page 1 of 1