Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions Not Retiring

Go down 
+26
Eyesore
iamrockerfun
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Gilbert
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
tul
MetalGuy71
Vexer6
ultmetal
Glower
glassprison
Sword Of The Heretic
DeathCult
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
James B.
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Lurideath
tohostudios
ze_mau
exact33
brokentulsa
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Interesting thing to think about we could say that Mermaids are indeed , fishes. and are indeed humans.  but lemme put a lil acronumous here to see if you "fish" can recognize it:

ΙΧΘΥΣ . its "your" symbol

But I mean, sum "fishes" are really cool. I really like when "fishes" do this:

Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 pm

The singer of this band is not beautyful, but she has some "attitude" that makes her really attractive.

Last edited by ze_mau on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Some "fishes" would say that "attitude" is something that belongs to the one whose favourite sin is "vanity".
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:08 pm

To debate with someone requires both parties have at least a tentative grasp of logic. Therefore, there seems to be no point in me attempting any further debates since that qualification is not met in this case.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm

On topic, I dig the Scorps, but I prefer Accept overall. I haven't heard any Scorps since Crazy World.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Scorpions have an excellent legacy, so if they want to stay together and keep performing I say let em. If any good new tracks happen to come out of it, it's a bonus.

I also like prostitutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:12 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Scorpions have an excellent legacy, so if they want to stay together and keep performing I say let em. If any good new tracks happen to come out of it, it's a bonus.

I also like prostitutes.

i thought Sting in the Tail was very entertaining. I really enjoyed and am glad they will be doing more.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Last I heard him, Klaus Meine's voice was still golden and he's what, 64 years old? More power to him. If he wants to keep the Scorpions going till he drops dead onstage, I say let him.

On a somewhat related note, anybody know if James Kottak (who did some jail time in Dubai after being a drunken dick on an airplane) is still their drummer or did they replace him and move on with someone else?

He's still listed as a band member on their website.  I couldn't find any news about him since he got released from jail in Dubai.

Wisely keeping a low profile.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:38 pm

ze_mau wrote:
Interesting thing to think about we could say that Mermaids are indeed , fishes. and are indeed humans.  but lemme put a lil acronumous here to see if you "fish" can recognize it:

ΙΧΘΥΣ . its "your" symbol

But I mean, sum "fishes" are really cool. I really like when "fishes" do this:

If you knew the history of the symbol, you'd easily understand that it's not my symbol.   I wasn't living 2000 years ago and being persecuted for having meetings that the local authority deemed unlawful.  Punishable by death by the way.  Since I can fellowship where I want and when I want, I have no need to scribble anything in the sand or dirt.

It seems you are trying to get banned from here to prove a point to someone, someplace and earn some proverbial brownie points with that fish hating crowd of folks you're trying to impress. It's cool you have your own beliefs and I respect that, but making blanket statements, being condescending, and judging due to lack of understanding, compassion, or your need to forgive others isn't cool.

Your input is welcome and has often been insightful.  It's the purposeful looking for argument that is lame.   If you go to the pet store, you can find troll pellets right beside the fish food.   Mellow out

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Ze is out as well. He can go find another fishing hole.

Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Slow_clap_citizen_kane
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:16 pm

exact33 wrote:

Does that mean that we have to stop talking rubbish about milk now?  Sad 
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Oh dear, he just started another account at Christian Hard Music. And here we go again.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:16 pm

That freak obviously is an attention seeker. He's got more issues than Time magazine.

Now back to the Scorps. Although I'm not surprised in the least about the current news,I am glad that they've decided to continue on.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

yes - this thread has been an udder failure  Razz 

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:31 pm

exact33 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

lol! 

Post of the day!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:32 pm

exact33 wrote:

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Going in and out of retirement is annoying, but I'd jump at the chance to see the Scorps again. The last time I saw them was in 2009 with Ratt opening. I'd also like to hear some new original material from them: Comeblack would have been a terrible way to go out.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:22 am

Too bad they didn't decide to do a "reunion" with Uli for a tour. That would rock!

Oh wait, here's my symbol...  butt dance 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Last I heard him, Klaus Meine's voice was still golden and he's what, 64 years old? More power to him. If he wants to keep the Scorpions going till he drops dead onstage, I say let him.

On a somewhat related note, anybody know if James Kottak (who did some jail time in Dubai after being a drunken dick on an airplane) is still their drummer or did they replace him and move on with someone else?
Yeah James is still with the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The Scorps have a temp drummer sitting in while Kottak dries out...

Quote :
Sitting behind the kit for the SCORPIONS on the current run of shows is Swedish drummer Johan Franzon.

Franzon is filling in for James Kottak, the SCORPIONS' American drummer who spent a month in a Dubai, United Arab Emirates jail in April for insulting Islam and has since begun receiving treatment for alcohol abuse. Kottak said in a statement: "I am determined to come to grips with my alcoholism and am doing everything on a daily basis to beat this relentless disease." He added: "This entire incident caused me to realize that it is time to stop drinking once and for all so that I can become the father, musician, and friend that I know I can be."

SCORPIONS recently released a statement in which they said about Kottak: "[James] will have to find the time to sort out his problems."

Because of his arrest, Kottak did not perform with his bandmates at the April 5 show at the 2014 Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix and was replaced at the gig by Mark Cross (TAINTED NATION, FIREWIND, OUTLOUD, HELLOWEEN, METALLIUM).

Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Two or three years ago Rudolf mentioned he might do a Project with his brother. Would be cool if that will happen.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Scorps need to do another album like Unbreakable if they're not going to call it a day... Best album since Blackout imo....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 8:15 pm

I think Sting in the Tail was very good (albeit a little too long) and I would be thrilled to have another similar album.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Not Retiring   Scorpions Not Retiring - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions Not Retiring
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next