Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fake poser groups

Go down 
+16
corplhicks
James B.
Short-Fuse
thejokeriv
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
Sword Of The Heretic
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Citanul
joe_metal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Fake poser groups - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:23 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Baneed!

Laughing very hard

(Think anybody but me will get the reference, Unc?)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:24 pm

And wouldn't the term "fake poser group" actually mean that is guy LOVES Poison and thinks they are the MOST metal?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Dunno, I only listen to tr00 poser groups like Cinderella and L.A. Guns, not fake poser ones like Steel Panther.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Fake poser groups - Page 3 839011382
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:36 pm

There was a time when wearing waffle stompers, bell bottoms, and a Led Zeppelin t shirt was being a fake poser.  (The original 70's metalhead attire) Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:55 pm

I actually had to look up waffle stomper. I never heard that term before (although now that I know,makes complete sense).
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:00 pm

manny wrote:
oh look its the voice of the oppressed here at the HoM!!!  C'mon, it has nothing to do with difference of opinions, you and I rarely agree but you are still here.

If I talked to you and personally attacked you the way you and others here have to me in the past then I would have already been banned.

I reviewed the "Board Rules" after reading this thread today.  What a complete joke.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:
oh look its the voice of the oppressed here at the HoM!!!  C'mon, it has nothing to do with difference of opinions, you and I rarely agree but you are still here.

If I talked to you and personally attacked you the way you and others here have to me in the past then I would have already been banned.

I reviewed the "Board Rules" after reading this thread today.  What a complete joke.

The joke is how you can dish out but can't take it! Nobody's attacked you, they may have attacked your opinions ( and even that is putting a bit strongly) but nobody's attacked, or called you names or whatever.

You seem to think this is the cross and bones society and we all meet in secret, make decisions on who's cool and who's not
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:14 pm

manny wrote:
Nobody's attacked you, they may have attacked your opinions ( and even that is putting a bit strongly) but nobody's attacked, or called you names or whatever.

That's a complete lie.

Quote :
You seem to think this is the cross and bones society and we all meet in secret, make decisions on who's cool and who's not

straw man
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Yeahhhh.... OK. We're about done here.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Wow! Go away on vacation for an extended weekend and miss all the fun!

As for the guy who thinks I know nothing about metal because I include Phil Collins, etc on my website, this quote is from my site...

Citanul wrote:
From the NLTM FAQ

Quote :
OK, I know, there are some non-metal discs in this list. So-what!!!
Sometimes I dig the Blues, somtimes I enjoy some old progressive rock like Yes & Genesis and...gasp!..sometimes even some Gospel music like Keith Green. Many metal bands were inspired by these artists. Variety is the spice of life, right!? Also I realize that by today's standards bands like Thin Lizzy and Aersomith are considered hard rock rather than heavy metal, but in the 70's these bands were heavy metal and were also the inspiration for many more modern metal bands.

Also, I don't really care if you don't like so-called "poser" bands like Slaughter and Cinderella or not. If you don't like them, and you only like the heavier stuff, then so be it, this is not your page, it's mine. So, please do not waste your time sending me insipid emails about how this band "sucks" or that band is for "posers," as I really don't care.

As for Aerosmith not being metal, I agree. By today's standards they are not heavy metal. However, in the 1970's they, along with a host of other bands such as Scorpions, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Budgie, Black Sabbath, Ted Nugent, etc. etc. etc. were considered "heavy metal". Search out the history books, periodicals from the time, etc. and prove my point. If you disagree, so-be-it. I really don't care to have that fight again.

And I am done. Have a great day!

PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake poser groups
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3