Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"

Go down 
+9
James B.
DallasBlack
glassprison
Headbanger Man
Runicen
corplhicks
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Empty
PostSubject: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 11:32 am

MR. BIG has set "...The Stories We Could Tell" as the title of the band's new studio album, due in September via Frontiers Records. The CD's first single will be made available later this summer.

Never really got into these guys myself (I've tried with an album or 2), but good for them to keep churning out new music.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 pm

I liked 'Lean Into It', could never get into anything else. Actively disliked their last studio effort, which was very boring to me, though everyone else seemed to love it. I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I liked 'Lean Into It', could never get into anything else. Actively disliked their last studio effort, which was very boring to me, though everyone else seemed to love it. I just don't get it.

You and me. Lean was a daily listen to me as a kid (and I'm always trying to nail that intro to Green Tinted Sixties Mind with fail), but the other albums don't do much.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:04 pm

I could never get into this band at all. They just had so much potential but it was totally wasted as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:17 pm

Despite opinions on the band itself, this is just awful, awful news...

Quote :
MR. BIG drummer Pat Torpey has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and will be unable to perform all of his normal drumming duties on the band's upcoming world tour in support of the group's new album, "...The Stories We Could Tell".

"I've been dealing with Parkinson's symptoms for the past couple of years and only recently received a confirmed diagnosis as symptoms worsened," Torpey said. "I intend to fight the disease with same intensity and tenacity that I drum and live my life by and will continue recording and performing, as always, to the best of my ability."

MR. BIG will announce a replacement drummer who will sit behind the kit for the band's fall 2014 tour.

Torpey, 54, is expected to join his MR. BIG bandmates for select tracks as well as participate in the group's acoustic set.

Parkinson's disease is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system.

There is no cure for Parkinson's disease, but medications, surgery and multidisciplinary management can provide relief from the symptoms.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Ouch. Yeah. Read about that.

I've seen it at work and, even managed, you can't quite get the air in your lungs to speak loudly, let alone sing and forget picking up a guitar. Drumming? Off the table.

Hoping they caught it early enough that they can maybe ease the onset.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:17 pm

That's heartbreaking. Pat's an amazing drummer with a lot of personality and skill. He doesn't deserve this at all.

Pat had a really good couple of solo albums in the late 90's with Chuck Wright and Lanny Cordola, among other guests.

Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 pm

One of the Gayest bands in the world. I´d never waste my time giving attention to this shit(e)

Last edited by Headbanger Man on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:44 pm

I tried to check some of their stuff on youtube and All I hear from this "boy band" where stupid and uselees mellow ballads , they really suck ( doesn´t matter to me if they are good musicians )

Last edited by Headbanger Man on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 pm

It is somewhat hard to take criticism seriously when there are upwards of ten grammatical and/or orthographic errors in a given one sentence post.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:24 am

glassprison wrote:
It is somewhat hard to take criticism seriously when there are upwards of ten grammatical and/or orthographic errors in a given one sentence post.

He's a prime example of what Ron White once said. "Next time you have a thought in your head... Keep it there." One thing to give an opinion, but there are better ways to do it. Even ToB, whose opinions rub me the wrong way sometimes, does it in a mature manner. Those comments were higly immature and IMO, unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 1:53 am

Headbanger Man wrote:
One of the Gayest bands in the world. I´d never waste my time giving attention to this shit(e)

Headbanger Man wrote:
I tried to check some of their stuff on youtube and All I hear from this "boy band" where stupid and uselees mellow ballads , they really suck ( doen´s matter to me if they are good musicians )

Oh God. Here we go again.  angry 
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:22 am

corplhicks wrote:
Headbanger Man wrote:

Headbanger Man wrote:
I tried to check some of their stuff on youtube and All I hear from this "boy band" where stupid and uselees mellow ballads , they really suck ( doen´s matter to me if they are good musicians )

You surprised?! This is HoM, we are a magnet for trolls, loudmouths, and assholes (sometimes we have people who are all three, though most fall into one or two of those categories).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:36 am

DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Headbanger Man wrote:

Headbanger Man wrote:

You surprised?! This is HoM, we are a magnet for trolls, loudmouths, and assholes (sometimes we have people who are all three, though most fall into one or two of those categories).

So true. Lately it's been such a consistent roll of "special guests," if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:31 am

corplhicks wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Headbanger Man wrote:

Headbanger Man wrote:

So true. Lately it's been such a consistent roll of "special guests," if you know what I mean.

It could be the same people, it happened before when we had one guy that was banned, came back under a new name (and poorly denied it, though it was obvious to almost everyone it was the same guy).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:39 am

DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Headbanger Man wrote:

Headbanger Man wrote:

It could be the same people, it happened before when we had one guy that was banned, came back under a new name (and poorly denied it, though it was obvious to almost everyone it was the same guy).

Perhaps this is the elusive ze_mau!  affraid 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:19 pm

It's either him or a guy who went to the same school as he did or they hang out together a lot or they share socks are something or one of the members on his board or the guy who walks his dog or a neighbor who diets with him or a fishing buddy or a guy he met at a Poison and Motley Crue concert or a girl who wrote a book that he read or his cousin's best friend's girlfriend's bosses illegal immigrant yard mowers twin that impersonates women at the Vegas show parody making the rounds in San Paulo and Rio every other summer after carnival.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Headbanger Man wrote:

Really? You even edited it and homophobic abuse is still the best you can do?

For the record, Mr Big are not in the slightest bit gay. This is one of the gayest bands in the world

See the difference? I'm not really a fan of either but get your facts straight.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:40 pm

As I've said, I'm not a fan of this band but Parkinsons sucks big time. The best I can hope for him is that he responds well to treatment.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:48 pm

i didnt like their last one and will be skipping this one.

Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:18 pm

I´d not desire Parkinson to even my worst enemy. anyways , Mr Big sucks big time , I think "Roxette" rocks harder than this band. OK, if anyone disagree I´d ask (you who disagree) to post any song where they actually sound like a Rock band , because all I hear from them is commercial poppy BS. I read this board is actually called Heart of METAL altought I think TRUE Rock n Roll (which is not the case with this band) is allowed here as well ...

tr00 
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:28 pm

One of their heaviest songs comes off of their last release:

I realize that it is probably not anywhere close to what you are looking for though.

As you can see from the responses on this thread, you are not alone in not having much interest in Mr. Big. But however "poppy" they are, they do get lumped in with many 80s/early 90s bands that get discussed on this forum. Therefore this thread was also posted here. If you don't like them, why not just post in one of the many more metal threads on the front page? Doesn't seem worth the time getting upset in order to defend a definition of "true" rock/metal.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Headbanger Man wrote:
I´d not desire Parkinson to even my worst enemy. anyways , Mr Big sucks big time , I think "Roxette" rocks harder than this band. OK, if anyone disagree I´d ask (you who disagree) to post any song where they actually sound like a Rock band , because all I hear from them is commercial poppy BS. I read this board is actually called Heart of METAL altought I think TRUE Rock n Roll (which is not the case with this band) is allowed here as well ...

tr00 

You're also discounting the fact that Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan are both virtuosos with a rock/metal background.

Good Lord. Calm down. Metal can be commercial and poppy, even if you don't like it.

Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:42 pm

uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh babe babe it´s a wild world ...

OK the last song posted sound OK. But being a "virtuoso" is no excuse to play poppy - ultra commercial glam stuff ...
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:58 pm

I've always enjoyed this Steve Miller Band with a shredder on guitar sounding song! In fact I really dig it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"   New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mr. Big Album - "...The Stories We Could Tell"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next