Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Road rage stories.

Go down 
+5
Stender
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
tohostudios
Troublezone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:07 pm

Ultmetal's police thread got me thinking about another topic that i'm sure most that drive have encounterd in some way.

Here is my most vivid one...

While driving down to mexico with some friends from work i must have accidentally cut off this one guy getting on the freeway. The next thing i know he is speeding up to the side of my car to make eye contact or something. I would slow down to try and lose him but he would slow down too. I would then speed up and he followed. Finally i looked over at him to gesture what's up?? It was then that i saw the guy pointing what looked like a sawed off shotgun at me even though both our windows were up i slid down in my seat thinking i was about to get shot and i gunned it to 100 mph to the next exit and finally i ditched him. Man that was crazy! insane
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm actually a practitioner of road rage. But my exploits simply consist of honking at people making me mad and flipping them off.

Normally, I'm real conscious of my language but when I'm by myself in a car, I curse a blue streak!

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:33 pm

I kicked the crap out of an old lady once after she cut me off doing 90mph only to slow down and do 15mph. She sucked.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm actually a practitioner of road rage. But my exploits simply consist of honking at people making me mad and flipping them off.

Normally, I'm real conscious of my language but when I'm by myself in a car, I curse a blue streak!

I have to admit i do too. I don't want to but other drivers around here SUCK!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I kicked the crap out of an old lady once after she cut me off doing 90mph only to slow down and do 15mph. She sucked.

Did she fight back? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:50 pm

troublezone wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I have to admit i do too. I don't want to but other drivers around here SUCK!

I have lived in 5 different states; both in the Northeast (PA, CT) and the South (TN, VA) and I have to say that here in the Midwest, Missouri - the "Show Me State" - should be called the "Show Me You Can Drive State". Theeeeee WORST drivers I have ever seen anywhere I've ever been (and that includes visiting my parents in FL).

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:57 pm

I dunno Toho, they're pretty terrible in Maryland too. At least when I lived there they were
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:07 pm

I've not been on the bad side of it....but I've practiced it in the past. This one punk once cut me off absurdly so I followed him into the HEB parking lot. Well, he gets out with his hot girlfriend and by the time he unfolds he's a muscular 6'1" say and 200-210. I'm a 5'8" shrimp....but I'd look real wussy if I back down now. So I hustle up to him and in so many words tell him he's an idiot and to think...think! He just says "Sorry dude" or something and keeps walking, real cool. We both knew what would probably happen if I'd pushed it so I finished and walked away. That was my only direct confrontation. No more needed!!

Before then and sometimes still (when alone and not with my girls) if some idiot pulls out in front of me I'll do the passive/agressive "get right on their tail and make 'em think I'm gonna smash 'em" thing . Not smart, either, but what else I'm I going to do with my impotent rage????
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:02 pm

One time while driving home from my girlfriends house i was flashed by some woman's highbeams for whatever reason. So i slyly followed her from a distance at first then when she least expected it i zipped up behind her and gave her a taste of her own medicine with a full minute of highbeam on her car. She was pissed and flipped me off but oh well i was minding my own business before she decided to flash her brights on me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:05 pm

I used to throw smurf poo out my windows at people
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:26 pm

One time, I was sitting passenger when my mom was driving us back from church and this dude in a jeep was riding our tail with brights on. After about 5 min of this, my mom pulled off the road, pulled in behind when this guy passed us and flipped on her brights and started riding close. We came to a turn and this guy must have been even more pissed then my mom because he threw in reverse like he was going to ram us from behind and just before he hit us he sped off. I was like 13 or 14 and I remember my mom saying something like "that was a bad example, dont you ever do that". All I remember saying was "COOL!!!", mom you are a boss!!!
Back to top Go down

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:30 pm

Back when I drove like a maniac my cousin and I cut some guy off. He then proceded to chase us with a bat and hit my car. We got away by driving down a one way the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 6:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Sounds like me. Texas has our share of dumb ass drivers and they really make me angry .
I hate it when people pull in front of me without using a blinker (for crying out loud how hard is it to flip a lever up when turning left or down when turning right). Also tailgaters get me mad enough to where I will slow down to like 30-20mph on the highway or 10mph on regular roads (or how ever slow I have to go til they get the point). I will also do the same if they have their high beams on me or move out of the way let them pass then get behind them with my brights on. Then there are cellphone drivers, people who don't understand that the left lane is the fast lane, people who pull out into traffic without a clear pathway (doesn't bother me as much if they speed up to match traffic but really ticks me off when they speed up gradually-"dude, I had to slam on my brakes when you came out here at least have the decencey to speed up"), people who wait a forever before moving when the light turns green, people who drive down residential streets at 60 mph, and the other usual bad driver garbage.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:16 pm

I dont get road rage enough lives are taken every year by vehicles. I do the speed limit and enjoy my music. If someones decides to drive like an ass so be it, im not goin to let it affect the way i drive..
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:29 am

troublezone wrote:
i was flashed by some woman's highbeams for whatever reason.

You were what? Huh huh huh, huh huh huh....

Anyways, I do have one story to tell...

Back when I was in college, I was on my way to class and exceeding the posted speed limit, which was a very common occurance for me. It was warm, so I had my arm cocked out the open window, my shades on and the music blasting. Good day.

I was coming up behind someone in the slow lane and while the guy in the fast lane was close, I had room so I slalomed right in between them and went on my merry way.

All of a sudden, I was aware that the guy had sped up, and was keeping pace with me while his passenger screamed a driving safety course at me. I turned towards him very slowly.

Two big guys, pickup truck, gun rack.

Holy crap.

Still maintaining my lack of expression, I slowly turned my eyes back to the road and ignored them, even as Joe Safety lectured me.

I'm sure it looked very cool, but it was all a big facade. My heart was pounding as I checked my rearview mirror more than once on the way to class, praying that they weren't following me. Luckily, they weren't.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:14 am

Saw this one in the paper today. Love the ending. Hardcore!!

"Arben Hasani of West Milford was traveling in the left lane of Route 208 south when another driver, John M. Simpson Jr., of Midland Park, began tailgating.
Hasani, 23, apparently slammed on his brakes and tried to prevent Simpson from passing. Simpson, 19, attempted to pass in the right lane and tried to cut in front of Hasani's vehicle when they collided, sending both SUV's into the divider. The vehicles left the road, with Hasani's flipping twice and Simpson's striking several trees in a wooded embankment. After the vehicles came to rest, Hasani got out, ran over and slapped Simpson, who was trapped in his car."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Road rage stories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road rage stories.   Road rage stories. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Road rage stories.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: