Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?

Go down 
+11
exact33
Lari
Boris2008
MetallicSeminarian
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Runicen
James B.
15 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Empty
PostSubject: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Okie Dokie people....

We have kings, queens, princes, princess, knights, lords, ladies, castles, dragons, swords, sorcerers, good vs evil, war, and most important ZOMBIES headbanger 

My choices would include Aerosmith, Uriah Heep, Cannibal Corpse, Savatage, Symphony X, Dio, and Marty Friedman and maybe some Autopsy or Death.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:13 pm

It's a shame that Sabaton's songs mostly focus on modern conflicts. Their music would seem to be a given otherwise.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm listening to Kreator's Violent Revolution as I type this. Just going by song titles alone, I think they have the soundtrack already written.  Razz 

1. "Reconquering the Throne"  
2. "The Patriarch"
3. "Violent Revolution"
4. "All of the Same Blood (Unity)"
5. "Servant in Heaven - King in Hell"
6. "Second Awakening"  
7. "Ghetto War"
8. "Replicas of Life" (ZOMBIES!!)
9. "Slave Machinery"
10. "Bitter Sweet Revenge"
11. "Mind on Fire"
12. "System Decay"

Alright, 'Ghetto War' might be a stretch, but I think the rest of the songs have things covered pretty well.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 4:26 pm

The Sword!

Gods of the Earth is a GOT "concept album". And, it's awesome!

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 4:30 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The Sword!

It's a great album and "To Take The Black" is about GOT, but I don't think it's a concept album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Can't comment, never read the books or seen the show.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 5:16 pm

I believe Blind Guardian has written a few songs based on the books.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 5:41 pm

The soundtrack is already great.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 8:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I've never seen it either, but I hear it's great. I even have the first three seasons on DVD. I got the first two as a gift, and bought the third one myself. Just never found the time to actually start watching them.

I also have the complete series of Alias on DVD, yet I've never even seen a single episode. I've had those for quite some time now.

And I have metal CDs I've bought 4 years ago, stuff I've never heard, I have not once put in the player yet.

Maybe in 30 years when I retire...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

me neither.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Considering it's one of the most popular shows on the planet and it's frankly, blood, battles and boobs galore, with dragons and magic and zombies and more boobs, I'm shocked at how many of you haven't even been curious enough to watch even a few minutes  surprised 
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 10:24 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
The Sword!

It's a great album and "To Take The Black" is about GOT, but I don't think it's a concept album.  
Mother, Maiden & Crone is a GOT reference...and I thought the Frost Giant's Daughter was as well, discovered it's not, and I thought the Black River referenced the Blackwater, and I figured Under the Bough had something to do with all the tree culture in the GOT books.

It seems I was assuming a connection between the two actual GOT-based songs. Digging deeper I've learned that other authors/stories are referenced in Gods of the Earth. Thanks for the heads-up Witchfinder!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Seeing as how I don't have HBO,I've never seen the show. And I only stream Netflix and naturally, it's not available that way. It certainly seems like a show I'd be interested in.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:16 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
The Sword!

Mother, Maiden & Crone is a GOT reference...and I thought the Frost Giant's Daughter was as well, discovered it's not, and I thought the Black River referenced the Blackwater, and I figured Under the Bough had something to do with all the tree culture in the GOT books.

It seems I was assuming a connection between the two actual GOT-based songs. Digging deeper I've learned that other authors/stories are referenced in Gods of the Earth. Thanks for the heads-up Witchfinder!

No worries man. It's a badass album regardless.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:53 pm

007 wrote:
Seeing as how I don't have HBO,I've never seen the show.  And I only stream Netflix and naturally, it's not available that way. It certainly seems like a show I'd be interested in.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
TheUnborn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:12 am

Summoning would be the perfect band, along with Blind Guardian.
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbornProductions.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:39 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Considering it's one of the most popular shows on the planet and it's frankly, blood, battles and boobs galore, with dragons and magic and zombies and more boobs, I'm shocked at how many of you haven't even been curious enough to watch even a few minutes  surprised 

I only started watching it about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I avoided it for the longest time just because. My mother-in-law's maiden name is Stark, so all of my wife's friends have been telling her she's a Lady Stark and needs to see the show.  Smile 

We finally said, "Ok, why not?". We watched the first 2 seasons already and will start Season 3 this week.

Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 6:16 pm

Here's a band who quite literally did the soundtrack to Game of Thrones.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:30 am

I think the awesome Caladan Brood would be a good fit

Good call on Summoning!  tr00 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Citanul wrote:
Here's a band who quite literally did the soundtrack to Game of Thrones.

Thanks man, dig it !

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 1:12 am

be-headings & boobs?

GWAR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?   What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What band(s) would make a killer soundtrack for Game Of Thrones ?
Page 1 of 1