Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)

Go down 
+11
Vexer6
martinsane
Hadley
Eyesore
Runicen
James B.
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ZombieHavoc
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Empty
PostSubject: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

I assume you are a huge fan of every song on the Transformers soundtrack, right?

Back when I first got the CD in like 2001, I started seeking out all the bands on it.

Stan Bush was pretty easy to find more stuff by. Then came Lion, who I learned had a couple of albums, but they were expensive as hell. I was able to acquire a rip from someone my sister worked with randomly.

Spectre General eluded me for a little while, but one day they had a Wikipedia page up when Wikipedia came into existence, so I was able to learn that SG was just a pseudonym used for the TF soundtrack, by a Canadian band called Kick Axe, who had several albums that were pretty easy to come by.

The one band that I failed for years to track down anything else by was NRG. I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that they were a fluke, one-off group that recorded the one kickass song for the movie, and that was it.

Well, yesterday a classic internet clicking blackhole led me to re-start up my investigation. On eBay, while looking at listings for rare 80s metal/rock demo tapes, I saw a guy had one up for NRG. An 80s demo tape from the band. I was like damn...so there has to be stuff around somewhere. Through a bunch of googling of different stuff, I finally made it to the website I posted below. It's the guitar player for NRG, who apparently now produces beats for rap/hip hop/r&b songs. But there was a thing that said "Transformers fans, click here". So I did.

Turns out, several years ago--maybe 10 years?--he put out a limited CD called NRG- Transformed. It contained everything the band recorded, and was limited to 1000. I figured there was no way it was still available. The links all worked, and the Paypal button worked...so I was like, damn, I'll just email the dude and see what happens.

A couple hours later I got an email back from him letting me know the CD is still available. So I just ordered one and am stoked as hell to hear more NRG songs! I feel like my Transformers soundtrack quest is now complete!

The site for the CD:

http://www.daville.com/transmain.html
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:50 am

Cool story Zom
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:58 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Cool story Zom

Thanks! Pretty excited.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:10 am

(Homer Simpson voice) Ahhh, the Internet. Is there anything it can't do?

Seriously tho, that's pretty frickin cool.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 am

Yes, kudos on your quest. Your tenacity and diligence should be commended.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:54 am

Every song on that soundtrack is awesome, including the score.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:36 pm

"Black Roses" was another cool soundtrack akin to Transformers [bands going under different names, solo tracks, etc].
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:48 pm

"Black Roses" was another cool soundtrack akin to Transformers [bands going under different names, solo tracks, etc].

me wonders if somebody may be slingin one or not ?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:09 pm

James B. wrote:

Sold mine forever ago. Can send ya the tracks, if ya want em.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 pm

James B. wrote:

Sold mine forever ago.  Can send ya the tracks, if ya want em.

thanks, but no thanks my friend. Just rattling your cage as to whether you were dangling a carrot or not.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:38 am

Wow.. I haven't thought about the Transformers movie in ages.

Some of the power ballads in that movie made me facepalm hard. I was like "WTF is this crap?" as an 11 year old or however old I was when I saw that thing for the first time.

Kind of the problem you run into with ANYTHING you dig as a kid that all of a sudden goes big-budget. Anyone else remember "Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue?" That was enough for me to raise my hand and ask for puberty to hurry up so I could GTFO.  Laughing very hard 

All that aside, really nice find, Zombie!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:48 am

Thanks, guys. Now I just hope the other songs on the CD live up to my 13-year wait. Ha!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 pm

I was a little too old to catch Transformers fever back in the 80's (I was more of a GI Joe kid anyway), so I was unfamiliar with this soundtrack and it's apparent popularity. I checked it out on YouTube and it all sounds very dated to my ears. But hey, if it blows your skirt up, enjoy.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 3:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was a little too old to catch Transformers fever back in the 80's (I was more of a GI Joe kid anyway), so I was unfamiliar with this soundtrack and it's apparent popularity. I checked it out on YouTube and it all sounds very dated to my ears. But hey, if it blows your skirt up, enjoy.

I can easily see not getting into it if you don't have any ties to the movie.

I was also more into GI Joe as a kid too. I did love TF though, especially the movie.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 3:59 pm

If Stan Bush re-records "The Touch" one more time, I'm going to hunt him down and punch him in the face. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:01 pm

By the way, you know you bought a CDR, right? Haha.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
By the way, you know you bought a CDR, right? Haha.

No qualms here.

I'd have bought an iTunes download if it had been available even.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
If Stan Bush re-records "The Touch" one more time, I'm going to hunt him down and punch him in the face. Seriously.

He'll never top this version...

Cool Feel, feel, feel my heat.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I always thought "Dare" was a better song myself anyway.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:52 am

That is a cool story and it makes me happy to see a what seems to be a loser of a quest pay off.

I know I have been searching aimlessly for many many many years to locate the Trikk Toyzz tracks from the DOWC part 2 The Metal Years. MANY attempts and many dead ends...

Curse you Simon Steele. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Love this group, the vocalist sounded quite similar to Rob Halford(particularly in Instruments of Destruction).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Yep. Its up there with Rob Rock and Warrior.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Last time i revisited this movie was 15 years ago and i hated it. But the music was what kept me watching.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:54 pm

For some reason I do not remember anything about the Transformers movie. Yet, I do remember the G.I. Joe one fairly well. Guess I was just more into the latter than the former (though I remember enjoying them both and acting the characters out in the backyard back in the day).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 4:22 pm

The GI Joe movie was much more enjoyable for me. Stronger story, characters etc. Can't remember if it had a hard rock soundtrack though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)   NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NRG (the band from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: