Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you listen to your physical CDs?

Go down 
+45
corplhicks
exact33
Rami Airola
iamrockerfun
DallasBlack
Gilbert
Runicen
exanimate
DakotaRogers
Hadley
James B.
MoonChild
mc666
Citanul
chewie
80s Metal Lady
Thrasher73
Eyesore
Thelemech
rajah
Rex
mlotek
tohostudios
Boris2008
Short-Fuse
scottmitchell74
krokus
bass63
Metal Misfit
Lari
manny
Leatherface
Orion Crystal Ice
Troublezone
Glower
BearOnUnicycle
thejokeriv
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 6:21 pm

No. Though I still buy cds, I rip' em into the Zune and they all sit in a closet in my living room. I think it's meant to be a jacket closet, but instead there's close to 600 cds in there, all in towers. My wife wants me to clear it out so we could put coats in there. She says I never listen to them, you should put them in storage, but I've resisted so far.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 6:29 pm

I only listen to cd´s, tapes and vinyls. Sometimes i put some cd´s on my computer and then on my iPod but 99% of my collection i play it on my turntable or cd player.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Nah! I play vinyl, but CD's get ripped and streamed through my computer to the stereo, it's just easier.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 6:56 pm

I still do but I find myself gravitating toward loading them onto a flash drive more and more. It's just more convenient for the car which is where I listen to the vast majority of my music.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Yes, still buy and play lots of CD's,
but will rip them with a program like dbpoweramp, if the song titles do not appear on any PC media players.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Rarely
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
the Zune

...............you have a Zune?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:
the Zune

That's my takeaway from this thread - Zunes still exist!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Still buy and listen to all day long. At home, in the car and at work.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:
the Zune

Since 2009! Still works great!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:45 am

I usually buy then rip to the computer and then put the CD in storage.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:48 am

When I'm home, it's all iTunes. But as I acquire CDs, I listen to them in the car and whatnot. Then, when I fill a tote, they go into storage and I start with a new batch.

I would listen to them more often if they weren't in storage. That'll change when we sell this place and buy a bigger home.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:23 am

I usually take a stack to work every week and listen to them on the drive.At work I listen to a lot of my stuff through iTunes or Amazon cloud player.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:11 am

I don't listen to CDs much anymore. I mainly listen to my mp3 players and, if I'm at my computer, Spotify or Youtube. When I do listen to CDs, it's on my little boombox while doing yoga, so it's nothing heavy but quieter and atmospheric stuff so I can concentrate better.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:13 am

Yep I still do, especially in the car. If I take the mini van, I pop in a cassette (the drawer underneath the passenger seat is full of them.).
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:08 am

I only really listen to physical CDs in the car. Other than that it's via my computer or to a lesser extent my iPod.

All the music that I've ripped is backed up in multiple locations, which may seem like overkill, but my it proved to be worth it earlier this year when my laptop and one of my external hard drives was stolen. Rather than having to go through the arduous process of re-ripping everything, it was just a simple matter of copying it onto my new laptop from the other hard drive I use as a backup.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:22 am

I rip a disc to mp3 as soon as I get it. I never play directly from cd anymore. Everything I have is mp3/iPod compatable, so I like taking a large library with me wherever I go.

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:12 am

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:59 am

surprised 

Painkiller?
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:39 am

I have everything loaded to the hard disk, which I prefer. And CD's perhaps for car.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:49 am

cds while mobile in my Dakota (don't have external audio input)
Ipod while mobile in the Kenworth (gravel pits/roads and construction zones are too bumpy for cds)
at home it is mostly vinyl and even an odd cassette tape here and there.

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:40 pm

I still listen to my cds (as well as tapes and vinyl). I do have an MP3 player, but thats just to put my favorite tracks from a cd on so i have easy access to those songs if im away from my collection.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Nope.

They're all sitting in a huge dusty pile on a shelf at the end of my bed. A few nights ago, I knocked everyone of them into the floor in my sleep, and they're all probably broke now. Didn't really have the heart to check.
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Not really. At home I listen to vinyl. If I don't have it on vinyl, I will listen to it on Rdio or Spotify. I've ripped pretty much every cd that I have, and they are all uploaded to google music and amazon music, so if it isn't on Spotify or Rdio, I play it from one of those. On the go I just stream from my phone from one of the 4 mentioned services. Holy crap I have issues. I pay for Rdio, Spotify and Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jbeter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you listen to your physical CDs?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next