Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you listen to your physical CDs?

Go down 
+45
corplhicks
exact33
Rami Airola
iamrockerfun
DallasBlack
Gilbert
Runicen
exanimate
DakotaRogers
Hadley
James B.
MoonChild
mc666
Citanul
chewie
80s Metal Lady
Thrasher73
Eyesore
Thelemech
rajah
Rex
mlotek
tohostudios
Boris2008
Short-Fuse
scottmitchell74
krokus
bass63
Metal Misfit
Lari
manny
Leatherface
Orion Crystal Ice
Troublezone
Glower
BearOnUnicycle
thejokeriv
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
49 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Do you listen to your physical CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:47 am

I'm just curious how many people listen to the actual CDs vs. loading them up on your computer/iPod/whatever, and then just keeping the CDs for backup/archives/nostalgia/OCD/whatever?

I still enjoy getting the actual CD for stuff I like, but I rarely listen to the physical discs any more. On the rare occasion I get to listen to music at home, I listen to the CD. But in my car, I recently bought a new deck, which I thought included a CD player. After I got it installed, I realized that it did not. If I had examined the box for 2 seconds I would have noticed. Ha. So it's iPod/Spotify in the car exclusively now. I miss popping a disc into the car...especially when leaving the record store with a new CD!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:02 am

I have a stack of about 20 "physical CDs" sitting on my desk right now. Very Happy I don't even own one'a them, whadyacall'em, Pod-Eyes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have a stack of about 20 "physical CDs" sitting on my desk right now. :DI don't even own one'a them, whadyacall'em, Pod-Eyes.

Some times I miss having a music life that has zero connection to a computer or the internet.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:10 am

I occasionally listen to cds in the car.  Every cd I get is ripped to my computer and then uploaded to cloud storage.  I then delete it from my computer and the CD gets filed away.  Also, if I buy a CD from amazon.com most of them are now autoripped at purchase, so I never even rip the cd itself, I just use the Amazon mp3s.  

I keep the CDs for backup as I've lost all my mp3s on multiple occassions.  I have no confidence in the longevity of an MP3 only collection.

Last edited by Witchfinder on Wed May 21, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:12 am

I have a black metal case that I load up every Sunday night with 24 cds that I'll take to work with me for the week. I listen to them in the car and pop them into the cd drive on my work computer. I'll pop one into the cd player in the kitchen/dining room from time to time as well.

So yea, I still play physical cds. All the time.

The only time I listen to stuff on the computer is in my den when I'm going through the mail and paying bills. But I probably have less than a tenth of my actual collection ripped to my hard drive. I also have a small mp3 player that I listen to on occasion, but it doesn't hold much music. I have to reload it alot.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:18 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Some times I miss having a music life that has zero connection to a computer or the internet.

Even if I did usually partake of my music digitally, I wouldn't have much choice but to go back to the physical CDs right now... cuz my PC at home crapped out a couple of months back, and I haven't had the time, the $$ or the patience to go about replacing it yet. So all of my Net interaction is being done via my cell phone for the time being. (and by the way, it's a pain in the ass writing a post more than a sentence or two long using this tiny lil' cell phone keypad...hahaha!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed May 21, 2014 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:19 am

Yes, I do listen to my physical CDs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I have a black metal case that I load up every Sunday night

So you only put stuff like Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone and Emperor in this case?

'Cuz it's a black metal case. Heh.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:24 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I have a black metal case that I load up every Sunday night

So you only put stuff like Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone and Emperor in this case?

'Cuz it's a black metal case. Heh.

"It's like, 'how much more black could this be?' and the answer is 'None. None more black."

\'arry \'eadbanger 

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:29 am

MetalGuy ist tr00, grimm, und totally kvlt 24-7.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:57 am

Yes, I listen to my CDs all the time. I take a stack to work everyday. I play them in my car, then when I get to work I play them on my computer, then I play more on the way home in the car.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:59 am

Yes I do in my truck and I have them stacked up at work. I dont listen to music at home...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 12:43 pm

I mainly listen to my cds every morning when I work out. The rest of the day (the drives to and from work and while at work) it's all ipod. Every cd I get is ripped to the computer, loaded onto the ipod (the music is then deleted from the computer), and then stored away.

I keep a choice 500 of the cds loaded into my stereo for the work outs.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Mostly iPod - when I get a new CD, I rip it right away and put it on the iPod. I do listen to some CD's at home (new ones usually get one spin and my favorites) on my system. I would much rather get the best quality sound by listening to CD's over 320MP3's on my home system!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 1:08 pm

I use boombox as an alarm clock, playing me a couple songs until I finally get up. This is as close as I get.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 1:18 pm

I'm cd's. - If - I was technology savy - I'd download whatever - whenever -
poor bands - getting ripped off -
I tossed the cases - and have them in those 'suitcase' cd things that hold 30 a pop -
I do miss lp covers though - they were the best - fun to kick back and just ponder -
I do have a DC Lacroix lp - love that 'Livin' by the Sword' photo of the band -
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 1:42 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 2:33 pm

I try to at home, but I need a better and convenient system. I don't feel like loading up the blu ray for my CD's.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Sometimes, yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 4:16 pm

I listen to my CD's all the time
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 4:56 pm

I listen to CDs almost exclusively. On the sound system, or on the boom box or computer with good head phones. My car also only has a CD player.

I do have an mp3 player, and because of that I have some albums ripped on the PC (as .wma because that's what media player ripped them as  Razz ), mostly for when I'm traveling or when I know I have to use public transport.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 5:04 pm

No. I use Spotify and, in rare instances, YouTube. Most of my collection is split up into various boxes. Even if I had them on display, it's still easier to pull up Spotify. The only time I use CD is to burn it so I can put select songs on my iPod.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 5:19 pm

manny wrote:
I listen to my CD's all the time

That's me.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 5:40 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I'm just curious how many people listen to the actual CDs vs. loading them up on your computer/iPod/whatever, and then just keeping the CDs for backup/archives/nostalgia/OCD/whatever?

I still enjoy getting the actual CD for stuff I like, but I rarely listen to the physical discs any more. On the rare occasion I get to listen to music at home, I listen to the CD. But in my car, I recently bought a new deck, which I thought included a CD player. After I got it installed, I realized that it did not. If I had examined the box for 2 seconds I would have noticed. Ha. So it's iPod/Spotify in the car exclusively now. I miss popping a disc into the car...especially when leaving the record store with a new CD!

Tell the f.uckers that installed your new deck to put a cd player in their. Its very important if you can play your cd´s in the car. Go back to the store. You need to do so.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 6:03 pm

I take my cds to work, listen to them in my car and in my garage. I also have all my cds on the computer and I have a couple of MP3 players so music can be with me wherever I go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to your physical CDs?   Do you listen to your physical CDs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you listen to your physical CDs?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next