Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices

Go down 
+24
ultmetal
Lari
stepcousin
bgsully
MetalGuy71
Runicen
James B.
rajah
BearOnUnicycle
Rex
nevermore
thejokeriv
MoonChild
Thrasher73
manny
journeyman
chewie
Witchfinder
corplhicks
exact33
tohostudios
Boris2008
Thelemech
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Deep Purple
Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Vote_lcap45%Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Vote_rcap
 45% [ 18 ]
Rainbow
Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Vote_lcap55%Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Vote_rcap
 55% [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Empty
PostSubject: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:19 pm

GO!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:31 pm

Deep Purple
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Hmm, my original post seem to have disappeared!  surprised 

Tough one as I love both but I voted Rainbow
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Rainbow for me.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Rainbow as well for me.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 8:32 pm

Deep Purple.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Rainbow
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Completely different animals, I love both but there are more Deep Purple albums with Blackmore that I like than Rainbow albums I like.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 pm

As much as I like Rainbow, I like Deep Purple more!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 10:46 pm

Deep Purple.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 10:46 pm

I love both, but went with Deep Purple, one of my favorite bands in the universe
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:17 am

Rainbow
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:23 am

Deep Purple
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 8:53 am

On this, have to go with Deep Purple.... Rainbow (especially with Dio) rules
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 10:23 am

Deep Purple
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 10:25 am

Rainbow
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:05 am

Rainbow
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 10:51 pm

Rainbow with Dio is awesome, but the later stuff with Turner is just okay. Deep Purple on the other hand are one of my top three bands of all time. This is easy. Deep Purple by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:12 pm

I think that although both bands were brilliant (mostly the Dio stuff in Rainbow's case) Rainbow don't have a song that makes me seriously consider chopping off my own ears rather than having to hear it yet again. Purple do with Smoke on the sodding Water!!!!

So yeah, Rainbow
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:14 am

Purple

Rainbow after Dio split is touch n go (IMHDO)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:03 am

I'll cop to the fact that I'm not intimately acquainted with the discogs of DP or Rainbow (though I think I've got enough to call a representative sample), but I think Rainbow is where Blackmore sounds more like "Blackmore" to these ears. On most Deep Purple stuff, and this may be the effect of hearing it from a future perspective (i.e. long after it was recorded originally) and hearing the imitators before the originators, but nothing about Blackmore on the original DP albums sounds unique or really identifiable until you start getting to things like "Soldier of Fortune" off of Stormbringer, which was a singer away from being a Rainbow track in sound anyway.

I'm going to don my asbestos underpants in anticipation of the backlash now.  just kidding 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:57 am

Rainbow.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 am

Most of the comments are for Deep Purple, and most of the votes are for Rainbow!!

Dio 
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:14 am

I love Rainbow, but I can't believe you guys mostly prefer them over Deep Purple.

Holy hell, Deep Purple helped create the genre of metal, Blackmore is a god, introducing classical musical influences into music (as did Jon Lord, who should also get credit), had introduced the world to proto-type hard rock/metal vocalist in Ian Gillan and David Coverdale, emphasized that you had the deliever the goods live, and that this genre was best experienced live.

Released a series of classic kick ass albums 'In Rock', 'Machine Head' 'Burn' and helped usher in the era of the live album with 'Made In Japan'.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:17 am

manny wrote:
I love Rainbow, but I can't believe you guys mostly prefer them over Deep Purple.

Holy hell, Deep Purple helped create the genre of metal, Blackmore is a god, introducing classical musical influences into music (as did Jon Lord, who should also get credit), had introduced the world to proto-type hard rock/metal vocalist in Ian Gillan and David Coverdale, emphasized that you had the deliever the goods live, and that this genre was best experienced live.

Released a series of classic kick ass albums 'In Rock', 'Machine Head' 'Burn' and helped usher in the era of the live album with 'Made In Japan'.
AMEN!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices   Ritchie Blackmore - Two Choices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next