Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016

Go down 
+9
MetalGuy71
ShadowAngel
Gilbert
Glower
tohostudios
Lari
80s Metal Lady
manny
666_Evil_666
13 posters
AuthorMessage
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Ritchieblackmorerainbow2016official_638

Official photo, and story (probably half assed) is on BlabberDickMouth. I'd post the link, but can't for 7 days because I am new.

I think JLT is ripping out his dollar store wig right about now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 5:12 pm

I am sure Joe Lynn Turner was very disappointed since for years had insisted he was going to be get Blackmore to reform Rainbow, instead Blackmore chose doppelgangers instead of using an ex-members, which there is no shortage of.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 5:40 pm

I would've been all over a Joe Lynn Turner Rainbow reunion. Almost as much as Mike Howe's reunion with MC. JLT's is my favorite Rainbow era.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 6:45 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
JLT's is my favorite Rainbow era.

I know the hits, but don't own any of the albums.

How would you rank them?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 6:50 pm

I actually enjoy the first several Blackmore's Night albums more than any of the Rainbow albums.  Rainbow was OK but to me the Renaissance-influenced music of the first 3 or 4 BN discs was something different while still allowing Blackmore to show his musical chops. 

Admittedly the last few BN albums have been becoming more and more "rock-oriented" so I could see this Rainbow thing coming.  I guess when you've made as much money as Blackmore has you can just do what you want.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 7:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I actually enjoy the first several Blackmore's Night albums more than any of the Rainbow albums.  Rainbow was OK but to me the Renaissance-influenced music of the first 3 or 4 BN discs was something different while still allowing Blackmore to show his musical chops. 

I have Fires at Midnight and Ghost of a Rose, and based on those Blackmore's Night isn't my thing. Certainly not if I had to compare it to Dio-era Rainbnow, which I adore. Even more than Deep Purple.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Lari wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

How would you rank them?

1. Straight Between The Eyes--One of my all-time favorite albums.
2. Bent Out Of Shape--This album has really grown on me through the years. Got several songs on rotation on my mp3 player.
3. Difficult To Cure--Not as keen on this one. I probably should give it a fresh listen, though. Been a long time since I played it.

Last edited by 80s Metal Lady on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Lari wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I have Fires at Midnight and Ghost of a Rose, and based on those Blackmore's Night isn't my thing. Certainly not if I had to compare it to Dio-era Rainbnow, which I adore. Even more than Deep Purple.

Those are two of my favorites so you are correct; if you don't like them then that style just doesn't appeal to you.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Malmsteen gives major props to Blackmore on his fav songs tribute cd - Malmsteen claims his sister gave him FIREBALL and that did it for him - after hearing the songs -he JUST HAD TO learn the solos - as for JLT, I heard a interview on youtube - that he partied away millions of dollars - and made lol some bad decisions -
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:19 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Lari wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

How would you rank them?

1. Straight Between The Eyes--One of my all-time favorite albums.
2. Bent Out Of Shape--This album has really grown on me through the years. Got several songs on rotation on my mp3 player.
3. Difficult To Cure--Not as keen on this one. I probably should give it a fresh listen, though. Been a long time since I played it.

I totally agree with straight between the eyes being one of the best albums ever.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 3:33 pm

manny wrote:
instead of using an ex-members, which there is no shortage of.

Quite a few of them are dead (from top of my head: Dio, Powell, Bain, Micky Lee Soule, Craig Gruber, Gary Driscoll and possibly even more), others are busy (Glover and Airey with Deep Purple or Rosenthal with Billy Joel) while others are kinda retired or vanished (like Mark Clarke) so i don't think you even could get a band together out of the remaining people.

Having a completely new lineup might not be a bad thing, it might open new perspectives and i'm just happy Turner isn't involved in this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 4:48 pm

Death puts a serious damper on reunions.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 4:52 pm

I like the Joe Lynn Turner era but it sounds too much like Foreigner w/ Ritchie on lead guitar for my tastes. So I'm glad he's not involved too. I'd like to see what the new lineup could do.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 8:07 pm

Wurthless wrote:
I like the Joe Lynn Turner era but it sounds too much like Foreigner w/ Ritchie on lead guitar for my tastes. So I'm glad he's not involved too. I'd like to see what the new lineup could do.

That's a pretty good comparison. Agreed on JLT and seeing what a new lineup can produce.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 10:32 pm

I have little to no interest in a Dioless Rainbow, as if such a thing existed!

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 1796661_10151893375331175_581406719_n_zpsbxar85yf
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 9:48 am

1 new track and 1 re-record coming from the Ritchie and the new Rainbow...

Quote :
The revamped version of RAINBOW recently entered the studio to record band's first new music in more than two decades.

Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore stepped away from his Renaissance-inspired brand of music with BLACKMORE'S NIGHT last year to perform a handful of shows with a brand-new lineup of the band he had formed after quitting DEEP PURPLE.

Although Ritchie initially said that he had no plans to make a new RAINBOW album — explaining in early 2016 that he wanted to "just get back to playing the old songs one more time" — he appears to have changed his mind. He told Japan's Burrn! magazine for its May 2017 issue that the current incarnation of RAINBOW — which includes singer Ronnie Romero, originally from Chile but now settled in Madrid, Spain — is in the process of recording two tracks. "I wrote one new song, and also recorded one of the old ones," he said, according to The Highway Star. "Ronnie, who is in Madrid now, added his vocals and sent it back. Rather than make an album, we may release as singles."

Blackmore was also full of praise for Romero, who spends some of his time fronting the Spanish metal band LORDS OF BLACK and is a member of a new project called THE FERRYMEN. "When I heard him, he seemed like the right guy to sing the [Ronnie James] Dio-era songs of RAINBOW," Ritchie said. "He is versatile, he can sing like Freddie Mercury or Ronnie James Dio or Graham Bonnet.

"The reason I did not ask [former RAINBOW singer] Joe Lynn Turner [to get involved in the RAINBOW comeback] is because I thought European fans wanted to hear the Dio lineup of RAINBOW.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 11:37 am

Did some listening and imo, it's not really working.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Did some listening and imo, it's not really working.

Are you talking about the live shows they did last summer? The singer has a great voice, but Ritchie looks bored to death, just going through the motions.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 8:04 pm

One thing I love about this heart of metal....you guys certainly call it - as it is -
happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016   Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow 2016
Page 1 of 1