Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept - Blind Rage

Go down 
+30
Wayne
bass63
A Handful of Wayne
ZombieHavoc
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
iamrockerfun
glassprison
Eyesore
scottmitchell74
Lurideath
exact33
Lari
stpatrik
Runicen
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetallicSeminarian
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Red Kitty
choosemetal
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept - Blind Rage   Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Just finished listening to this and I'm definitely a happy chappy Smile

This album rocks big time. I don't think theirs a single track thats not had my foot tapping or put a big grin on my face. I must look like a total loon sitting on a packed train on the way home from work with this album blasting down my ipod lol.

I don't hear anything tired in Marks voice as some have previously mentioned, think he sounds great. I loved accept with Udo and love Udo's solo stuff but maybe I'm gonna be in the minority here but I prefer marks voice to Udo. I may have completely blasphemed there but I think his voice just fits accept way better. Maybe its because I think as he's got older Udo sounds more and more like he's gargling with broken glass and his voice has gotten very one dimensional. I like that mark can belt it out when the song calls for it but when he's required to actually sing his voice sounds a great fit for the music.

I hope they don't take a breather as I've loved all 3 of the comeback albums and want this party to continue for as long as possible. Gonna make sure I catch their uk gig in novemebr now which I can't wait for.

Nice review! After living with it a few weeks, it is my favorite of the past three.

It's certainly a step-up from Stalingrad (I liked it but it was step-down from Blood Of The Nations. I've only listened to it once but the songs have left an impression on me. I especially like the anthem, Dying Breed.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Blind Rage   Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:27 am

I've pretty much shelved this at this point. No way this is stronger than the other two for me. The lyrical and musical diversity isn't there, resulting in a far more monotonous album with a narrow gauge of hooks and motifs (most which are lifted from already released material). BOTN and Stalingrad have both been constant players since they came out. This album not so much.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Blind Rage   Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 3:59 pm

I revisted this album today after a week & half break. The more I hear this one the more I like it. Top 10 worthy for me in 2014 headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Blind Rage   Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:54 pm

bass63 wrote:

I revisted this album today after a week & half break. The more I hear this one the more I like it. Top 10 worthy for me in 2014   headbanger

same here. I am starting to reassess this album. after repeated listens I am starting to appreciate it much more. but I still believe blood of the nations to be their best of the tornillo era.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Blind Rage   Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 3:05 pm

I just now got around to listening to this album..checked it out online and think I will pick it up later today..I like it alot..
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Blind Rage   Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:06 pm

I am a little late on this one, even though I was looking forward to it! I just picked it up at Best Buy today, it was their last copy and it was a deluxe edition digipack with a DVD of live in Chile. First listen I am enjoying it! Still thinking Blood of the Nations is my favorite, but this one is good! Thinking it will grow on me throughout the rest of 2014!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Blind Rage   Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 1:32 pm

BillRoxx wrote:
I am a little late on this one, even though I was looking forward to it! I just picked it up at Best Buy today, it was their last copy and it was a deluxe edition digipack with a DVD of live in Chile. First listen I am enjoying it! Still thinking Blood of the Nations is my favorite, but this one is good! Thinking it will grow on me throughout the rest of 2014!

I am leaning towards this w/DVD

Being they (Accept) are never gonna be close to me. Wanna check them out onstage. Thanks Bil

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Blind Rage   Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 9:24 pm

The live dvd (2 hrs!) is really good and worth the price of the deluxe set alone. My only concern is the whole thing seems almost completely manipulated with overdubs, resulting in a studio-quality sound. This is really obvious after Wolf's solo where his tone changes completely, and he doesn't even get on a pedal. Then there are times Mark keeps singing even though on the track he's stopped, or vice versa. I think that Wacken video is far more raw, which i prefer. Still, the band is very intense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Blind Rage   Accept - Blind Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept - Blind Rage
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: