Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Blind Guardian!!

Go down 
+10
exact33
Dr8breed74
Gilbert
Olafsto
scottmitchell74
MetallicSeminarian
Lari
Eyesore
choosemetal
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

New Blind Guardian!! Empty
PostSubject: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:31 am

New Blind Guardian single "twilight of the gods" will be released in early December. I would post a pic but I cant figure out how to do it from my phone.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:34 am

“Twilight of the Gods”, the first creation of the Krefeld, Germany based band in more than four years will be released on December 5, 2014 via Nuclear Blast. Blind Guardian vocalist Hansi Kürsch assures, “this song is a statement about Blind Guardian. The pure definition of all that the band stands for: it is innovative, melodic and brutal.” And thus a perfect choice to get fans into the proper mood for the upcoming album.

“Twilight of the Gods” is a “neck breaker” in the true tradition of Blind Guardian “that will captivate you with the most epic and catchy chorus we’ve ever written,” says Kürsch.

In “Twilight of the Gods” Blind Guardian is singing about the deities’ waning power; no such times are in sight for the band. Blind Guardian is back with a vengeance; with an impressive single from an overwhelming record!

Twilight of the Gods will be available in three formats.

CD digipack with three tracks:

Twilight of the Gods
Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill) – Live in Wacken 2011
The Bard’s Song (In the Forest) – Live in Wacken 2011
7″ Vinyl:

Side A: Twilight of the Gods
Side B: Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill) – Live in Wacken 2011
Digital:

Twilight of the Gods
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:56 am

What? They just released an album earlier this year.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:32 pm

From the last album the only song I really loved was A Voice In The Dark. But any new Blind Guardian is a must buy for me. I'll get that single.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:35 pm

Cool. I've liked everything the band has put out. I'll wait for a full release though.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:29 am

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:44 am

Definite buy for me. Always up for more Blind Guardian.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:36 am

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:

lol!

lol!
That`s insane... Never heard Persuader, this made me buy the album. It`s a total rip off, but still a good album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Is that the singer from Savage Circus?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:52 pm

Nice sample. Will get this.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 1:15 pm

This is one band I really need to play more frequently. I know this is the sort of music that takes me away to an amazing place!
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

lol!

lol!
That`s insane... Never heard Persuader, this made me buy the album. It`s a total rip off, but still a good album.

They're a kick-ass band. As is Savage Circus, who Jens Carlsson also sang for and sound even more like Blind Guardian.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 4:33 pm

nice! This is on the list. I just got Memories of the time to Come and it was excellent.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:03 pm

choosemetal wrote:

Kind of disappointing mix, here. I know they downtuned on this album, but you can hardly hear the guitars. It's drowned out by the drums and vocals. =(

And it also suffers from feeling pieced together (no doubt thanks to using ProTools and treating ideas like puzzle pieces). No natural-sounding transitions, especially with the chorus, which comes out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Sounds fantastic to me!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 8:15 am

It's available for pre-order now, but BAH-GAWD [/JimRoss] the price is high to get all 12 songs! There's 10 standard tracks, and the 11 song digipak is reasonably priced too. But to get that 12th song ("Doom"), you have to buy the 2CD earbook and it costs more than twice the price of the digipak!

I think I'll have to get it though. I'm assuming it has the full story in liner notes, and it's Christmas anyway. But, still, damn you Blind Guardian! Damn you!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:14 am

This came in the mail today:

New Blind Guardian!! Beyond_Mirror

I didn't know it's so huge. The package is like vinyl size.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:08 am

It's a little to bombastic for my tastes, but definitely a solid release.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:57 am

I've stayed with BG through the changes but after listening to this a few times i'm not feeling it. It's solid but it's bombastic like GP says and I guess i'm getting tired of that. Off to listen to 90's BG.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:00 pm

I didn't hear it yet.

But I'm kind of in the same boat with the bombastic-ness. I did like Twist in the Myth a lot, but Night at the Opera and Edge of Time are my two least favourite Guardian-records. And those two are probably their most operetic and bombastic albums they've made.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Yep. Of the newer stuff Twist is the one I listen to still.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:31 pm

I'll be getting this one eventually.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Im still waiting to get mine in the mail. I can't resist getting this autographed and I saw some website have it probably in europe so I'll probably be waiting a little while.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 8:41 am

I've had it for a week now, but I haven't gotten past the first song. I've played it about six times now, but it's got a lot of things going in it so I haven't moved forward. Nor have I been able to decipher the story/diary/narrative thing. Something with Mordred and mirrors and Raven who in actuality is Storm... scratch

Anyway, the Ninth Wave reminds me most of And Then There Was Silence. It's pretty good, and I like the drumming, but that's pretty much all I can say about it right now. Looking forward to the rest of the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Blind Guardian!!   New Blind Guardian!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Blind Guardian!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next