Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album

Go down 
+22
Hadley
GrandNational
Runicen
MetalGuy71
BearOnUnicycle
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
Dark Horseman
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
journeyman
mc666
TheGreatDuck
Addy
Eyesore
Boris2008
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Required Fields
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:17 am

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
My opinion on this whole thing is that I would criticize ANY band in ANY genre that had the cajones to think their music is so legendary, awesome and "sacred" that they only release one physical copy. I'd be ragging on the concept just as hard if Iron Maiden did it.  

Statements like this:
Quote :
We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of music. We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king.”

Puh-leeze!!!  Get over yourself already.  

Oh, I definitely agree with you, it's beyond silly.

Agreed I guess they are trying because they have the cajones? lol what would be more amazing is if they pull it off successfully

Quote :
metalinmyveins wrote:

TheGreatDuck wrote:

mc666 wrote:

TheGreatDuck wrote:
LOL who gives a F*ck (c)RAP = RETARDS ATTEMPTING POETRY = SUCKS!
Long live metal! Rock on, true headbangers!!!! headbanger headbanger headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger

This type of mentality is why I hate metalheads.

Lol man why are you here then? This is Heart of METAL!
Here we talk about music that actually is music and has some meaning to it...If you want to talk about dumb sexist meaningless "songs" about hoes and pimps, go to Heart of (C)rap or somethin!

Wrong...This is a site for intelligent people who have been influenced by heavy metal in some sort of fashion. The intelligent people in here also like to pride ourselves on being open minded, even if we agree to disagree at various times. I suppose since you're 19, I'll cut you some slack, as most 19 year old's throughout history have very little range when it comes to music, movies, literature, the arts, and life. I'll be the first to admit how little I actually knew at that age. I'm not trying to tell you that you should like/love rap music, as I don't find it personally appealing, but my musical tastes stretch far beyond that of heavy metal, and I'm better off for that, as loving "one" kind of music totally paints oneself into a corner. One's lack of diversity in music tends to creep over into every other aspect of life. Trust me, when you get into your 30's, you will laugh at these types of chest pounding statements decrying your love for metal.

Real metalheads listen ONLY to METAL!
If you listen to music that isn't metal, you're NOT a real METALHEAD!
STAY HEAVY!!! headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger

With that kind of mentality I THANK god I am not a Metalhead and its that mentality that really hurts the genre because of that stereotypical attitude it turns people off to it that might otherwise be inclined to give it a try. and While this might be a Heavy Metal centered forum you my friend are in the wrong section because this ISN'T the Metal section
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:10 am

Giving props to TheGreatDuck for massive and unnecessary trolling.
But he likes hair metal and has Uriah Heep avatar, and everyone knows they are just hard rock, so for that he should be banished eternally. Sacred and obscure USPM demo tapes is the way to go. "Castrating jackals that stand in our way"
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 4:02 pm

So yeah, my attempt at disguising my comments as sarcasm obviously failed. Very well.
I'm sorry, but you people here are obviously deceived by the evil hip hop-pop-grunge conspiracy against the metal race. We, the true metal brethren, must stand together against the talentless hordes of worthless hip hop and grunge that are attacking our great sacred holy movement. I will pray tonight for you all to return to the right path of true metal, and leave the path of poserdom the evil rappers set out to destroy the greatest and most intelligent music in all of time and space have led you down.

And rember...DEATH TO ALL BUT METAL!  Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 754598 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 754598 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 754598 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 754598 headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger  tr00  

P.S. I have no idea how I got this UH avatar. I don't remember setting it as my avatar myself. Question
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:14 pm

I dont know if i should bust a gut in hysterical laughter or if I should throw up in my mouth  scratch 

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:59 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
So yeah, my attempt at disguising my comments as sarcasm obviously failed. Very well.
I'm sorry, but you people here are obviously deceived by the evil hip hop-pop-grunge conspiracy against the metal race. We, the true metal brethren, must stand together against the talentless hordes of worthless hip hop and grunge that are attacking our great sacred holy movement. I will pray tonight for you all to return to the right path of true metal, and leave the path of poserdom the evil rappers set out to destroy the greatest and most intelligent music in all of time and space have led you down.

And rember...DEATH TO ALL BUT METAL!  Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 754598 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 754598 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 754598 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 754598 headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger  tr00  

P.S. I have no idea how I got this UH avatar. I don't remember setting it as my avatar myself. Question

Well, your first sentence makes sense; after that you lost me. 

And BTW, there is no such word as "rember". 

Normally I would let that slide but since your posts are being monitored, I thought I'd point that out.   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 288219

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Brilliant marketing idea. Nice way to stir up some publicity I suppose. Although I'd love to goof on someone that actually paid $50 + to just listen to an album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:51 pm

It could be performance art perpetrated by guys with more money than brains trying to make paying money for music look as stupid as humanly possible.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 12:26 am

Back in High School in the mid-90's, about a dozen of us kids had Wu-Tang related names (yes it was silly, and I probably had the silliest of all), but it was good times when you're 15 or so. That first album from '93 will always be a classic...Roughneck, Inspector Deck's on the set, the rebel, I make more noise than heavy metal...well, maybe not quite, but they were a fun bunch for kids who didn't know any better.

Reading some of the comments made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:44 am

Not a fan of Wu-Tang, but i'll give them credit for spreading the word about classic martial arts films (either via the lyrics or via their distribution of said films).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:09 am

tohostudios wrote:
My opinion on this whole thing is that I would criticize ANY band in ANY genre that had the cajones to think their music is so legendary, awesome and "sacred" that they only release one physical copy. I'd be ragging on the concept just as hard if Iron Maiden did it.  

Statements like this:
Quote :
We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of music. We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king.”

LMAOF!!!! Wow!!! I can't believe he compared his album to owning a scepter from an Egyptian king!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:42 am

manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Statements like this:
Quote :

LMAOF!!!! Wow!!! I can't believe he compared his album to owning a scepter from an Egyptian king!!!!!

There are at least 100 albums that I can think of that I would rather have in my life rather than some crappy sceptre from a dead guy.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Wu Tang Clan ruled quite hard from 93 to 99 or so.

GZA's Liquid Swords is flawless.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Well...the only copy in existence has sold for millions of dollars.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovation/only-copy-new-wu-tang-album-existence-sells-millions-n469646?cid=sm_fb
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 4:43 pm

I have seen speculation that it was Quentin Tarantino that bought it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Nope, this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Shkreli
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:33 am

the sentinel wrote:
Nope, this guy:

Nice to see that all the money he's made from his price-gouging is going to something useful.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:40 am

Nice to see his ill-gotten gains go to something important.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:47 am

007 wrote:
Nice to see his ill-gotten gains go to something important.

For his next act, I hear he's going to invite sick patients that can't afford their drugs to his home and burn pallets of medication while he bangs hookers on a pile of money. His new Wu-Tang album will provide the soundtrack.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:50 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Nope, this guy:

Nice to see that all the money he's made from his price-gouging is going to something useful.

I had come across that yesterday as well. RZA has said that the auction actually occurred prior to all of the med price inflating and stuff and has said that most of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

So at least in some way that dude's money will be going somewhere beneficial.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Apparently the fine print of the contract for the sale of this album includes a pretty funny caveat:

"The buying party also agrees that at any time during the stipulated 88 year period, the seller may legally plan and attempt to execute one (1) heist or caper to steal back Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, which, if successful, would return all ownership rights to the seller. Said heist or caper can only be undertaken by currently active members of the Wu-Tang Clan and/or actor Bill Murray, with no legal repercussions."

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/wu-tangs-2m-album-comes-with-a-bizarre-clause-the-rap-group-or-bill-murray-are-entitled-to-steal-it
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 1:11 am

For some reason, i can see Murray trying it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 11:18 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/business/shkreli-fraud-charges.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

What will become of the Wu-Tang album now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Maybe he'll be able to listen to it in jail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next