Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album

Go down 
+22
Hadley
GrandNational
Runicen
MetalGuy71
BearOnUnicycle
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
Dark Horseman
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
journeyman
mc666
TheGreatDuck
Addy
Eyesore
Boris2008
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Required Fields
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Lars is pissed he didn't think of this.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:14 pm

mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:
LOL who gives a F*ck (c)RAP = RETARDS ATTEMPTING POETRY = SUCKS!
Long live metal! Rock on, true headbangers!!!!  headbanger headbanger headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 604261 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 604261 
This type of mentality is why I hate metalheads.
Lol man why are you here then? This is Heart of METAL!
Here we talk about music that actually is music and has some meaning to it...If you want to talk about dumb sexist meaningless "songs" about hoes and pimps, go to Heart of (C)rap or somethin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:20 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:
Long live metal! Rock on, true headbangers!!!!  headbanger headbanger headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 604261 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 604261 
Here we talk about music that actually is music and has some meaning to it...If you want to talk about dumb sexist meaningless "songs" about hoes and pimps, go to Heart of (C)rap or somethin!

Metalheads don't have to be close-minded, dismissive jerks with no respect for other forms of music. If you want to know why people think metalheads are morons just read your own posts.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:24 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Wrong...This is a site for intelligent people who have been influenced by heavy metal in some sort of fashion. The intelligent people in here also like to pride ourselves on being open minded, even if we agree to disagree at various times. I suppose since you're 19, I'll cut you some slack, as most 19 year old's throughout history have very little range when it comes to music, movies, literature, the arts, and life. I'll be the first to admit how little I actually knew at that age. I'm not trying to tell you that you should like/love rap music, as I don't find it personally appealing, but my musical tastes stretch far beyond that of heavy metal, and I'm better off for that, as loving "one" kind of music totally paints oneself into a corner. One's lack of diversity in music tends to creep over into every other aspect of life. Trust me, when you get into your 30's, you will laugh at these types of chest pounding statements decrying your love for metal.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:40 pm

My opinion on this whole thing is that I would criticize ANY band in ANY genre that had the cajones to think their music is so legendary, awesome and "sacred" that they only release one physical copy. I'd be ragging on the concept just as hard if Iron Maiden did it.

Statements like this:
Quote :
We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of music. We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king.”

Puh-leeze!!! Get over yourself already.

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My opinion on this whole thing is that I would criticize ANY band in ANY genre that had the cajones to think their music is so legendary, awesome and "sacred" that they only release one physical copy. I'd be ragging on the concept just as hard if Iron Maiden did it.  

Statements like this:
Quote :
We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of music. We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king.”

Puh-leeze!!!  Get over yourself already.  

Oh, I definitely agree with you, it's beyond silly.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:11 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Wrong...This is a site for intelligent people who have been influenced by heavy metal in some sort of fashion. The intelligent people in here also like to pride ourselves on being open minded, even if we agree to disagree at various times. I suppose since you're 19, I'll cut you some slack, as most 19 year old's throughout history have very little range when it comes to music, movies, literature, the arts, and life. I'll be the first to admit how little I actually knew at that age. I'm not trying to tell you that you should like/love rap music, as I don't find it personally appealing, but my musical tastes stretch far beyond that of heavy metal, and I'm better off for that, as loving "one" kind of music totally paints oneself into a corner. One's lack of diversity in music tends to creep over into every other aspect of life. Trust me, when you get into your 30's, you will laugh at these types of chest pounding statements decrying your love for metal.
Real metalheads listen ONLY to METAL!
If you listen to music that isn't metal, you're NOT a real METALHEAD!
STAY HEAVY!!! headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:20 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Real metalheads listen ONLY to METAL!
If you listen to music that isn't metal, you're NOT a real METALHEAD!
STAY HEAVY!!! headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger 

I'm not understanding something.

You're being beyond obnoxious and arrogant.

But I've never seen you write like this around here.

Most of your posts have been fairly intelligent for your age. Of course I haven't seen all of them.

So that leads me to wonder if...

a) someone hacked your account,

b) your little sister hijacked your computer, or

c) you've decided to all of a sudden take up flaming and trolling.

So which one is it? Or is it none of the above?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:30 pm

The level of "derp" in this thread just went into the red....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Just making fun of people who actually have such mentality. Sorry. Very Happy;) just kidding
Anyway, I kinda think Wu-Tang's claims of the album being equal to a pharaoh's scepter and what not are about as serious as the last couple of my posts.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:43 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Just making fun of people who actually have such mentality. Sorry. Very Happy;) just kidding
Anyway, I kinda think Wu-Tang's claims of the album being equal to a pharaoh's scepter and what not are about as serious as the last couple of my posts.

Thanks for that, I was starting to wonder. I think that this may well be a fairly glorious attempt at exposing the art world for the trend jumping asshats that they are, and getting the publicity they want at the same time. It reminds me of something KLF would have done back in the day, and for that I kind of like it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:30 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

I can find the same derogatory bullshit in rock and metal songs. Hell, 80s rock was built upon that! No one ever says anything about that, but if black people do it...  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:34 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Statements like this:
Quote :

But this is all marketing. They might indeed make just one physical copy. Today, that's not so weird given that many bands aren't releasing a physical product at all. But make no mistake, there is no way in hell they're going to sell one copy that'll never be heard unless the buyer shares it with the world. This thing will get out there, and it'll probably be the band/label who releases it. Hell, it's probably all scripted, the "buyer" already lined up.

Either way, it's genius marketing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Statements like this:
Quote :

But this is all marketing. They might indeed make just one physical copy. Today, that's not so weird given that many bands aren't releasing a physical product at all. But make no mistake, there is no way in hell they're going to sell one copy that'll never be heard unless the buyer shares it with the world. This thing will get out there, and it'll probably be the band/label who releases it. Hell, it's probably all scripted, the "buyer" already lined up.

Either way, it's genius marketing.

If it is just marketing I agree. I'm not so sure with these guys though. I'd like to see the interview that's quoted in the initial link to see if these guys are delusional or just playing to character.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:56 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:

Sarcasm just doesn't convey well on the interwebs does it?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 am

TheGreatDuck wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

I ask myself that a lot these days. I guess I just like some of the people.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:28 am

tohostudios wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

I don't believe it was sarcasm. I think he got caught, and it's called backtracking and saving face, and getting back into the good graces with peeps on here.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:09 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

I don't believe it was sarcasm. I think he got caught, and it's called backtracking and saving face, and getting back into the good graces with peeps on here.

Yeah I thought of that but I'm willing to give the guy a pass. This time.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:01 pm

mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Amen.. I guess using that "true" word, makes them feel special?  Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:25 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Amen.. I guess using that "true" word, makes them feel special?   Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 

TheGreatDuck is tr00 and kvlt, grommit!  tr00 tr00 tr00

(you'll have to ask Fat Freddy if I got that right; he's the local expert on black metal speak)
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:31 pm

I thought it was trve? Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Tr00, grimm und KVLT yo!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Tr00, grimm und KVLT yo!!

Grimm! That's right. Dunno were I got grommit from. C+ for me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:52 pm

mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

I ask myself that a lot these days. I guess I just like some of the people.

That and there really is a wealth of musical knowledge here that covers a broad spectrum of styles.  I've never considered myself a "metalhead" at all but I AM a music fan with tastes leaning toward the harder side of things.  When I found HoM I was amazed at the knowledge of bands the members here possessed.  

If I had back all the money I've spent on bands I've discovered because of this board I'd probably have a nice down payment on a car.

And back on topic: If it's serious, this Wu Tang stunt is the most self-indulgent, pretentious, "look-at-me...please" tactic I've ever heard of.

EDIT: I just thought of a term I hadn't used yet to describe this Wu Tang idea: "self-aggrandizing"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:23 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

This.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next