Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album

Go down 
+22
Hadley
GrandNational
Runicen
MetalGuy71
BearOnUnicycle
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
Dark Horseman
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
journeyman
mc666
TheGreatDuck
Addy
Eyesore
Boris2008
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Required Fields
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Empty
PostSubject: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:26 pm

I came across this on another board I post at...

http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/666705-wtf-new-wu-tang-clan-album

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album WuTang1-e1395794252557
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:47 pm

That's one too many.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:13 pm

nevermore wrote:
That's one too many.

Laughing very hard Beat me to it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:19 pm

^^LOL.

How can these guys think they're important and relevant enough to do something as pretentious as this??
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Not a fan, but Wu-Tang Clan is very, very popular and borderline legendary and could most likely pull this off.

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:
^^LOL.

How can these guys think they're important and relevant enough to do something as pretentious as this??

Take a look at the combined record sales of all the people that have passed through this collective.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:56 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
^^LOL.

Take a look at the combined record sales of all the people that have passed through this collective.

Which is a sad commentary on musical tastes these days IMO.  I don't care who passed through "this collective", they still suck.

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Which is a sad commentary on musical tastes these days IMO.  I don't care who passed through "this collective", they still suck.

You really aren't the target market for this music, neither am I.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Wu Tang Clan don't suck, it may not be your thing, but what they do, they do very well. I don't see why it's a sad commentary on musical tastes that not everyone shares yours'.  Razz 

It may be my perverse sense of humour but I have a funny feeling that this may become the holy grail for criminals to steal!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:50 am

Never been a fan of the Wu, but there is no denying their impact on the hip hop landscape. Are they still relevant? Time will tell. Mainstream hip hop is borderline pop these days, so who knows. It's definitely a unique concept, though. If anything, it's got the Internet buzzing.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:21 am

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

You really aren't the target market for this music, neither am I.  

What he said

Im definitely not a fan but ive known people who love Wu Tang
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:02 pm

LOL who gives a F*ck (c)RAP = RETARDS ATTEMPTING POETRY = SUCKS!
Long live metal! Rock on, true headbangers!!!!  headbanger headbanger headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album 604261 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album 604261 
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:26 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Long live metal! Rock on, true headbangers!!!!  headbanger headbanger headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album 604261 Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album 604261 

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Genius-meme
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:41 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
This type of mentality is why I hate metalheads.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:49 pm

I'm kind of hoping it was satirical. I can't stand rap either, but that kind of "enthusiasm" is gratuitous.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 6:27 am

mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:38 am

Required Fields wrote:
I came across this on another board I post at...

http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/666705-wtf-new-wu-tang-clan-album

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album WuTang1-e1395794252557

Too funny. The crazy thing is, this might just work. Lots of obsessive folks out there that have to have something others don't have and even more will gawk at it. Once again, the music takes a back seat to marketing. Don't worry about making it good, just desirable.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:05 am

30-50 bucks to HEAR an album? That should be against the Bill of Rights. "HEARING" music should always be free. Owning a copy or the publishing rights, etc is a different story.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Wu-Tang Clan sounds like a derogatory term for Singapore Brothel

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm sure if quizzed about it they will say that they are bridging the gap between urban art and high art, much in the same way as Fab 5 Freddy did in the late 70's etc...

In reality it's an audacious marketing stunt that master of the dark arts Gene Simmons would be proud of. If nothing else it's got people talking about a group that are probably past their glory days.

That said. I really enjoyed their glory days!  Very Happy 

Still one of my favorite Hip Hop tunes of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:30 pm

mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Damn right!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Regardless of what I think of their music this is still the height of pretentiousness and self-importance IMO.

So look for the next Nightwish album to do the same thing.  Tuomas must be kicking himself for not thinking of this first.

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:58 pm

Anybody want to make a bet on how long it takes before this thing leaks online?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:59 pm

I'd wager less than a day.
(After the "official" release that is)

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 11:45 am

Lars is pissed he didn't think of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album   Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wu-Tang Clan will only release one physical copy of their upcoming album
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next