Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release

Go down 
+7
sam
scottmitchell74
MetalFRO
candlemass
GrandNational
ultmetal
powermacho
11 posters
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Empty
PostSubject: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:24 pm

POSTED ON BLABBERMOUTH. I just found out about it headbanger

"Bassist/vocalist Steve Rowe of Australian Christian metallers MORTIFICATION has issued the following update:

"I have had a large number of requests for MORTIFICATION to re-record a bunch of '90s classics. Thus early next year will see the release of MORTIFICATION 'Twenty Years In The Underground'. This coming release will feature five re-recorded MORT classics: 'Nocturnal', 'Grind Planetarium', 'Impulsation', 'Hammer Of God' and 'The Majestic Infiltration Of Order'.
This project will be in process in August. The five re-recorded
classics will be added to 15 rare live tracks from standout shows in
the MORT history: The very first show (June 1990), Lincoln [Bowen, guitar] and Keith's [Bannister, drums] first show (1995) including a rippingly intense rendition of 'Scrolls Of The Megilloth', 'Live Street Mission' work as we performed on the streets of Christchurch City Square New Zealand (1996), Revolution Metal Fest Mexico City (2004) with Spanish Interpretation and Nordic Fest Norway (2007)!"

MORTIFICATION recently completed work on the band's new album, "The Evil Addiction Destroying Machine", which is now available via the group's own Rowe Productions.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. The Evil Addiction Destroying Machine
02. A Sense Of Eternity
03. Elasticised Outrage
04. Pushing The Envelope Of The Red Sonrise
05. I'm Not Confused
06. The Master Of Reinvention
07. Pilots Hanging From Shoulder Dust
08. One Man With Courage Makes A Majority
09. Alexander The Metalworker
10. Resurrection Band (A Tribute To Rez)

For more information, go to this location.
"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:03 pm

It's Mort! I'll buy it. 🤘

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:20 pm

It smells like an US tour, and hopefully they bring you guys(ultimatum). That could be the most important show of my life \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:17 am

The song 'Impulsation' has already been recorded twice and 'The Majestic Infiltration Of Order' have already been recorded three(!) different times,once as God Rulz, making this the fourth. If Steve was going to do this, he should have just re-recorded the whole Break the Curse album and about 4-5 songs that never made it to proper studio albums like "Butchered Mutilation" and "Time Crusader."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:00 am

"Time Crusaders" is a great idea. Even releasing the proper studio version that has only ever been released on an obscure compilation would be cool. "Butchered Mutilation" and "Entering the Eternal Dawn" would be cool inclusions as well.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:48 am

I'm not a fan of re-recording classics, unless there was a real problem w/the original.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 am

then led him know. I think he reads on the firestream forum. It's actually a good idea. I would like to hear NEW BEGINNINGS, Metal Crusade, Metal Missionary, Your life, and Human condition on that album 🤘
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
"Time Crusaders" is a great idea. Even releasing the proper studio version that has only ever been released on an obscure compilation would be cool. "Butchered Mutilation" and "Entering the Eternal Dawn" would be cool inclusions as well.

100% agreed. A few years ago he brought "Dead Man Walking" from the dead, if you will, so it would be cool if he did the same with these 3 songs as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:

That's what REALLY needs to happen here - re-issue all the more rare Morty tracks that fans don't have, then maybe re-record a couple for novelty purposes, but I have a sinking feeling that they're going to butcher those older songs, or interpret them in a way that reflects where Mort is at now, which probably wouldn't fit those songs, nor would it be a draw for older fans who like the originals. PMA is my favorite Mort album, and with 2 great tracks from that album on this project being re-recorded, I have that feeling like it might not come off well, given Steve's health and the much different sound of the band in its current form. Still, it's Mort so I'll buy it like the sucker I am Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:01 pm

The originals are just fine, so I don't understand the need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm with the rerecording of the rare stuff. I see no problems with most of the stuff listed.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:21 pm

this re-record bug is like the flu with the way it's getting around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:18 pm

I heard about this project a few weeks ago and will definitely own this. A US tour with Mortification and Ultimatum would be incredible also as they are in my opinion the two top Christian metal bands around.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:19 pm

candlemass wrote:
I'm not a fan of re-recording classics, unless there was a real problem w/the original.
agreed
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:13 am

Much like Ult, if its Mort, I'll end up buying it.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:19 pm

I'll buy it too. But I don't think re-recording these songs will improve any of them.

Are rare-songs compilation would be much cooler!

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release   MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MORTIFICATION To Re-Record '90s 'Classics' For Upcoming Release
Page 1 of 1