Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016

Go down 
+3
Glower
Gilbert
brokentulsa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016   Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 5:35 pm

Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Tygers-of-Pan-Tang-album-cover-300x300

The long awaited comeback album “Tygers Of Pan Tang” will be released worldwide Friday 21st of October 2016 on LP, ltd picture LP, CD and through all digital services.

http://sleazeroxx.com/tygers-of-pan-tang-to-release-new-self-titled-album-on-october-21st/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016   Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Interesting.
Any samples out yet?
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016   Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 5:01 am

One of my first memories of the arriving heavy metal scene, is this band.
This is going way back to the early days of the scene for me...
Early eighties...when many new bands were suddenly being mention....
..leather coats...blue jeans...still in high school...
This is when record stores had a small underground metal section...etc...
So I have to grin that there's an upcoming release from them...
I'm one that still believes that metal musicians...ideally...be young.
The art work looks young and fresh - lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016   Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 am

First single released...

Not too shabby I guess. I'm not familiar enough with them to say whether or not this has a "definitive Tygers-sound", but as a generic meat-and-potatoes type metal tune, it's alright.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016   Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 1:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
First single released...

Not too shabby I guess. I'm not familiar enough with them to say whether or not this has a "definitive Tygers-sound", but as a generic meat-and-potatoes type metal tune, it's alright.

It sounds like they have since 2004 when their lead singer - Jacopo Meille - joined the band. They have been releasing albums every four years since then, with various EPs in between. Robb Weir (the blond guitarist) was a founding member and has been their main songwriter, so their style has been very consistent. They released a compilation of re-recorded songs with Meille on vocals in 2015 and he sounds fine on those older cuts.

So to sum it up, pretty solid traditional metal from one of NWOBHM hopefuls that fell short of stardom. If that's your thing you should enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016   Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Those sound good. I have a nice compilation of them and it's really good. I'd collect more of their stuff but there's just only so much disposable income to dole out.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016   Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016   Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tygers Of Pan Tang to release new self-titled album on October 21st 2016
Page 1 of 1