Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Babymetal

Go down 
+40
corplhicks
nevermore
the sentinel
muckie
Gilbert
666_Evil_666
Required Fields
tohostudios
Smindas
glassprison
onrypt
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Runicen
DakotaRogers
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
candlemass
Rami Airola
MoonChild
Vexer6
chewie
Eyesore
AutumnShantel
Lari
ultmetal
Addy
stormspell
Boris2008
iamrockerfun
mc666
deathisgain
Orion Crystal Ice
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
metalhead777
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
GrandNational
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Listen here, we like being grumpy on things. Don't spoil the fun.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

study  Hmm, according to my records, you are not officially old yet! You're not allowed to be grumpy for at least 7 years yet.  Babymetal - Page 3 387733 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 5:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
I think the people who are complaining about this not being a "real metal band" are the ones who are taking it all too seriously. Kids today don't seem to care about such things. Look at Dethklok for example.

or Steel Panther.  :cheese: 
Or Guns N Roses  Laughing 

Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:40 pm

I like that chocolate song.
I didn't quite know WHY I initially liked it but here's what I wrote to the CMR after thinking about it a bit:

I guess what I like about this is that there are so many metal bands with an ultra-processed sound and those bands try to be something they are not, but this basically is what every single commercial super-processed modern heavy metal band REALLY is. This is brutally HONEST stuff in all its "fakeness" that it just feels right.

There are annoying trends in all kinds of art and entertainment, BUT sometimes someone does that annoying thing with such a power that it manages to negate the bad.

I listened to some other songs but there was only one or two other songs I liked.
But this chocolate song really good. The chorus is the only part I don't really like that much although it is catchy, but there are some really good riffs (or a riff - I like the riff that starts at 0:35), and the choreography is fun to watch. Fits the rhythm very well.

If there is a place for super-processed computerized heavy metal in this world, it is right there with Babymetal. Those girls show the TRUE FACE of modern boring processed metal, and that's what makes this enjoyable. There is absolutely ZERO pretence.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:48 pm

Rami Airola wrote:
I like that chocolate song.
I didn't quite know WHY I initially liked it but here's what I wrote to the CMR after thinking about it a bit:

I guess what I like about this is that there are so many metal bands with an ultra-processed sound and those bands try to be something they are not, but this basically is what every single commercial super-processed modern heavy metal band REALLY is. This is brutally HONEST stuff in all its "fakeness" that it just feels right.

There are annoying trends in all kinds of art and entertainment, BUT sometimes someone does that annoying thing with such a power that it manages to negate the bad.

I listened to some other songs but there was only one or two other songs I liked.
But this chocolate song really good. The chorus is the only part I don't really like that much although it is catchy, but there are some really good riffs (or a riff - I like the riff that starts at 0:35), and the choreography is fun to watch. Fits the rhythm very well.

If there is a place for super-processed computerized heavy metal in this world, it is right there with Babymetal. Those girls show the TRUE FACE of modern boring processed metal, and that's what makes this enjoyable. There is absolutely ZERO pretence.

That actually makes sense to me!
Back to top Go down

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:49 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

That actually makes sense to me!

Agreed

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:54 pm

ok, I have to admit the 'Megitsune' song is coherent and listenable. The chocolate song and some of their other stuff is chug beats interrupted by the random sugary chorus. That one sounds like they're actually trying to do something (whoever is writing the songs).
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Please make it go away!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:46 pm

It's already a part of you.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:04 am

candlemass wrote:
Please make it go away!

You are now infected, and will be assimilated.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Just for giggles I posted a BabyMetal vid on my Facebook page yesterday... here are some of the best responses:

"Utterly bonkers!"

"I don't know what the f**k I just watched...but I'm sharin' it!"

"It sounds like King Diamond f**ked a Pokemon and had triplets."

I'm sorry, but that last one is priceless. I literally laughed out loud!  Laughing very hard 

Seconded! That KD reference almost had me in tears!!!!  Laughing very hard 

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:30 am

S.D. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I'm having a hard time believing that anybody takes Babymetal serious. I sure am seeing a lot of posts on Facebook from metal fans about how awesome this band is. I mean, to me it looks like a joke or something you might see on the Disney Channel. I doubt it's even a band. It's probably just a professional production put on by some big company with a lot of money and people are eating it up.

Yup, I'm getting old, cause I don't get it.  Babymetal - Page 3 251456
Well I very much disagree with that, I think they're decent at the very least(I find them more listenable then most Death Metal bands), they seem like a real band and don't seem like a "joke" to me at all.

Also Disney isn't exactly popular in Japan(at least not as much as it is here), so I wouldn't be surprised if the band had no clue who they were.

Didn't mean to say they had any connection to Disney, but the whole production reeks of something a big entertainment corporation like Disney would create and market to the masses. Generic musicians all wearing identical masks so that they can be traded in and out without anyone noticing, professionally choreographed moves, huge production videos, super expensive lighting and laser shows, studio licks and tricks to make the singing sound good, cute-non-offensive costumers on the girls, music that has little personality whatsoever and pop singers and song structures.

As for being a "real band", there is no band. You don't know who any of the musicians are. They are nameless and faceless. The songs are written by professional songwriters. It's all about those cute little girls prancing around on stage in their cute outfits with heavy music behind them. What about this says "metal band" to anyone?

Those girls are cute and their showmanship is impressive and entertaining, but that's about it. It's entertaining theater.

It is exactly as you describe.  But I think the point you're missing is that YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE.  The producers could care less what a bunch of dudes in their 40s think of this, they want TEENAGERS to buy the music and that is exactly how it is produced and marketed.

Bingo.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 9:42 am

If Japanese teens like it, good for them... They seem to have put together a good show - they obviously spent time getting everything they way the wanted. And they are probably making a good living at it right now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:06 am

My six year old son thinks BabyMetal is hilarious. This morning he came running to me with YouTube open on his tablet and sez "Daddy, I wanna hear that song by the crazy Chinese ladies!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 11:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This morning he came running to me with YouTube open on his tablet and sez "Daddy, I wanna hear that song by the crazy Chinese ladies!" Laughing very hard

And, so, you played Guns n Roses as requested?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:22 pm

They will be playing Sonisphere 2014.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
They will be playing Sonisphere 2014.

Yeah, Sonisphere seem to be big on novelty acts this year. No other way to explain a line up of Slayer, Carcass and Chas & Dave!!!!

For those unfamiliar with the work of Chas & Dave

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:24 am

What a gimmick. Their pimp claims that the girls had no idea what metal was before the formation of the band. I just cringed.

I think I'll stick with Gargoyle, Outrage, and Fastkill when it comes to my Japanese metal needs.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:03 am

The Japanese have this uncanny ability to take a thing, distill it down to its essence, and exactly reproduce what makes it work. I'm a fan of J-Pop, so mixing that with metal is kind of a no-brainer for me. That they got the production and atmosphere down is just gravy.

It's nothing I'd take seriously, but it is a nice bit of fun.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:48 am

Something about them kinda creeps me out. I feel like I'd be put on some kind of government "watch-list" just by clicking on their videos.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:06 am

The most horrific thing is that Allmusic gave their debut 4.5/5 stars. Really?
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:35 am

Don't get me started on Allmusic. Informative sometimes, but their review staff infuriate me.

If you really want to watch someone crap on a discography, pull up Jethro Tull on there sometime. They basically savage everything after Aqualung for not being Aqualung. Most of the "reviews" have one sentence.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:34 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
The most horrific thing is that Allmusic gave their debut 4.5/5 stars. Really?
Some of thier reviews are pretty bad, but I thought that one was decent even though I don't entirely agree(i'd give it 3 stars myself)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

study  Hmm, according to my records, you are not officially old yet! You're not allowed to be grumpy for at least 7 years yet.  Babymetal - Page 3 387733 

So once my birthday hits in about 3 months, I can start being grumpy? Wooohooo!!!!! Babymetal - Page 3 25679 cheers crazy happy 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Something about them kinda creeps me out. I feel like I'd be put on some kind of government "watch-list" just by clicking on their videos.

lol!  Man, it must be an age thing or  having girls of my own...but I can't click on it either because it feels potentially creepy and pervy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Babymetal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babymetal
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: