Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Babymetal

Go down 
+40
corplhicks
nevermore
the sentinel
muckie
Gilbert
666_Evil_666
Required Fields
tohostudios
Smindas
glassprison
onrypt
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Runicen
DakotaRogers
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
candlemass
Rami Airola
MoonChild
Vexer6
chewie
Eyesore
AutumnShantel
Lari
ultmetal
Addy
stormspell
Boris2008
iamrockerfun
mc666
deathisgain
Orion Crystal Ice
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
metalhead777
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
GrandNational
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Love it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 2:03 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Love it.

I sorta knew you would Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 2:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Love it.

Yeah - they are kind of the exception to my rule. I hate chick metal. I hate power metal. I hate corporate metal. And kids irritate me. But these girls are JUST SO MUCH FUN that I can't help it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Here's a total shocker...I hate it! More of the same corporate Disney Metal.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Love it.

Yeah - they are kind of the exception to my rule.  I hate chick metal.  I hate power metal.  I hate corporate metal.  And kids irritate me.  But these girls are JUST SO MUCH FUN that I can't help it.
I personally don't like the term "chick metal", it just sounds demeaning IMO. I don't think a band should be avoided just for having female members, to me that's just stupid. Bands like Meanstreak are just too good to avoid for simply being female.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Love it.

Yeah - they are kind of the exception to my rule.  I hate chick metal.  I hate power metal.  I hate corporate metal.  And kids irritate me.  But these girls are JUST SO MUCH FUN that I can't help it.
I personally don't like the term "chick metal", it just sounds demeaning IMO.  I don't think a band should be avoided just for having female members, to me that's just stupid.  Bands like Meanstreak are just too good to avoid for simply being female.
Disagree, they sound nothing like Disney artists to me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Love it.

I personally don't like the term "chick metal", it just sounds demeaning IMO.  I don't think a band should be avoided just for having female members, to me that's just stupid.  Bands like Meanstreak are just too good to avoid for simply being female.

Much like women's hockey, women in metal produce an inferior product. That is just the way it is, imo.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
I personally don't like the term "chick metal", it just sounds demeaning IMO

If that was sooo demeaning, why isn't your avatar?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Definitely not something I'd buy but also not terrible either; I've heard much worse music. 

Three word review:  "Better than Journey"

Razz

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 8:38 pm

Definitely a fun listen. Not for those who take everything so seriously.

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Chris Hansen is watching this thread.

I like my Japanese girls all grown up.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Painkiller wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Love it.

Much like women's hockey, women in metal produce an inferior product.  That is just the way it is, imo.
No that's utter BS.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:25 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
I personally don't like the term "chick metal", it just sounds demeaning IMO

If that was sooo demeaning, why isn't your avatar?
That's actually an early picture of Catherine Zeta Jones, not sure where it's from, but hardly what i'd call demeaning, though i've been meaning to change it.
Back to top Go down

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:28 pm

I may just as well start a Japanese metal thread, but I don't think it'd be getting replies. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
That's actually an early picture of Catherine Zeta Jones, not sure where it's from, but hardly what i'd call demeaning, though i've been meaning to change it

It can be argued by those who live in liberal fantasy land that the image is fairly sexualized and degrading, it doesn't matter who it is or how famous they are. If you're going to spout "MISOGYNIST!" over the slightest provocation, at least be more consistent with your bullshit.

Babymetal - Page 5 Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:55 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
That's actually an early picture of Catherine Zeta Jones, not sure where it's from, but hardly what i'd call demeaning, though i've been meaning to change it

It can be argued by those who live in liberal fantasy land that the image is fairly sexualized and degrading, it doesn't matter who it is or how famous they are. If you're going to spout "MISOGYNIST!" over the slightest provocation, at least be more consistent with your bullshit.

Babymetal - Page 5 Maxresdefault
I never said that word though.

Don't see anything wrong with liberal beliefs though(i'm independent myself)
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:56 pm

Painkiller wrote:
I may just as well start a Japanese metal thread, but I don't think it'd be getting replies. Laughing

I'm all about it, PK. Giv'r.
Back to top Go down

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Love it.

Really? Musically this stuff is about as cookie-cutter as it comes. No personality or distinguishing charisma whatsoever. The pop singing is the only thing that gives the music any sort of charisma, and it's total Disney Style pop. Stick a different band behind the singing and it wouldn't change what they are doing at all. In fact, it would probably sound better. Call it corporate pop, Disney pop, J-pop or whatever you want to call it, those vocals and vocal melodies are pop and not metal whatsoever and the music lacks any sort of distinguishing charisma.

You know, you hear a Brian May lick, and it doesn't matter if it's hard rock or one of their attempts at disco in the 80's, it has that May charisma and sound. Ynqwie Malmsteen, whether he was in Steeler, Alcatrazz or his own solo band, you could hear his signature in the sound. Even in the Dio Aid song "Stars", you can pick out many of the guitar solos because they have that guitar players signature sound to them. That's not true at all of Baby Metal. You have three girls hand picked by a corporation who all confess that they didn't even know what heavy metal was until they were thrown into this corporate mess. Nameless musicians. Professional song writers and choreographers, etc. It's all very cold and corporate IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 6:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Love it.

Really? Musically this stuff is about as cookie-cutter as it comes. No personality or distinguishing charisma whatsoever. The pop singing is the only thing that gives the music any sort of charisma, and it's total Disney Style pop. Stick a different band behind the singing and it wouldn't change what they are doing at all. In fact, it would probably sound better. Call it corporate pop, Disney pop, J-pop or whatever you want to call it, those vocals and vocal melodies are pop and not metal whatsoever and the music lacks any sort of distinguishing charisma.

You know, you hear a Brian May lick, and it doesn't matter if it's hard rock or one of their attempts at disco in the 80's, it has that May charisma and sound. Ynqwie Malmsteen, whether he was in Steeler, Alcatrazz or his own solo band, you could hear his signature in the sound. Even in the Dio Aid song "Stars", you can pick out many of the guitar solos because they have that guitar players signature sound to them. That's not true at all of Baby Metal. You have three girls hand picked by a corporation who all confess that they didn't even know what heavy metal was until they were thrown into this corporate mess. Nameless musicians. Professional song writers and choreographers, etc. It's all very cold and corporate IMO.
Eh, doesn't sound cookie cutter to me, i'm just not hearing it. To me it just doesn't come across as corporate.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 6:33 pm

Painkiller wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:40 am

Just another wannabe metal band with generic sounds for f*cking weeaboos to listen to if they want Anime "metal" music. No different than Old Skull.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:50 am

Meanwhile at a BabyMetal concert...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Babymetal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babymetal
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: