Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Babymetal

Go down 
+40
corplhicks
nevermore
the sentinel
muckie
Gilbert
666_Evil_666
Required Fields
tohostudios
Smindas
glassprison
onrypt
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Runicen
DakotaRogers
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
candlemass
Rami Airola
MoonChild
Vexer6
chewie
Eyesore
AutumnShantel
Lari
ultmetal
Addy
stormspell
Boris2008
iamrockerfun
mc666
deathisgain
Orion Crystal Ice
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
metalhead777
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
GrandNational
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:56 am

and yet bands like Sabbat, Loudness, Sacrifice, Abigail, Metalucifer, Barbatos, Hellhound, Fastkill, and Terror Squad go forgotten for dog shit like BabyMetal.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:00 am

In all fairness, it's almost like those bands insist on selling their music exclusively in their country of origin and nowhere else.

I would f*cking love to get my hands on The Dwelling, but alas; I'm just a filthy gwai lo, mang.
Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:04 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
In all fairness, it's almost like those bands insist on selling their music exclusively in their country of origin and nowhere else.

I would f*cking love to get my hands on The Dwelling, but alas; I'm just a filthy gwai lo, mang.

Well I think nobody really gave them a chance, Loudness did have success, but it's just a shame that they wouldn't want to expand. It's tough to get some of their stuff, unless you go the way of download, but there is so much amazing music out there, that it sucks that it can't get out there to many that might love their music. Although anymore, it seems the younger crowd only give a shit about what is popular.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 11:55 am

Babymetal - Page 6 10425371_716339681771546_2169572752949652282_n

Babymetal - Page 6 10483993_716342908437890_7234588847119801169_n-300x300

Babymetal - Page 6 10550938_718282151577299_5211239534211783773_n

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 9:33 am

Apparently BabyMetal made their American TV debut last night on Stephen Colberts' "Late Show"... and predictably, social media is full of tr00 grimm kvlt mettle types pissing and moaning about it this morning.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/video/EFB3EE8E-F867-5EC6-17D5-E90EA55EDE07/babymetal-makes-their-u-s-television-debut/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 10:07 am

If only there were a way that I could enjoy the music that I like & everyone else could still enjoy something else. Perhaps one day.

Until then, I'll just continue to bitch & whine about how crappy everyone else's taste in music is.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 10:30 am

mc666 wrote:
If only there were a way that I could enjoy the music that I like & everyone else could still enjoy something else. Perhaps one day.

Until then, I'll just continue to bitch & whine about how crappy everyone else's taste in music is.

That would be a wonderful world indeed. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 1:32 pm

666_Evil_666 wrote:
and yet bands like Sabbat, Loudness, Sacrifice, Abigail, Metalucifer, Barbatos, Hellhound, Fastkill, and Terror Squad go forgotten for dog shit like BabyMetal.

Sad fact, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 10:22 pm

I thought this was kinda funny:

Metal Injection wrote:
ROB ZOMBIE Shuts Down BABYMETAL Haters In Epic Fashion

Babymetal - Page 6 Rob-Zombie-Babymetal

Anytime we post about Babymetal here on Metal Injection, we notice there are always metal elitists hating on the band, as if there isn't enough metal for them to enjoy without crapping on other people's tastes. Yes, people actually like the band, sincerely, and enjoy their music and enjoy exposing their younger relatives to an accessible form of heavy metal to hopefulyl convert them to fans.

One such fan is the legendary Rob Zombie. Zombie and Babymetal both played Carolina Rebellion this weekend, and the two forces met briefly backstage for a quick photo-op. Zombie posted the above photo on his personal Facebook page and had it when somebody posted a shitty comment. Zombie, who is known for taking down internet trolls with style, took a moment to address some haters, who eventually deleted their comments for fear of being owned. But not before some awesome people took some screenshots:
Babymetal - Page 6 Babymetal-haters-rob-zombie

Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 7:28 am

I actually do not know what this band sounds like and have no real interest to listen to them, despite being a long-time fan of Japanese music. But I agree with Rob. F*ck the haters.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 4:45 pm

This is the end of the world. Sadly.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Oh please. I love how people act like theyre some kind of insult or threat to the sanctity of Metal. They're just a stupid pop band.  Their fifteen minutes of fame will be up soon.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:40 pm

I don't care for them or for Rob Zombie either, but don't feel the need to go out of my way to decry either one of them. I also realize there is more than enough music to go around for everyone. I kind of chalk Babymetal up to the idea that "Japan just does stuff like that" and Rob Zombie whole act to well "America does stuff like that" and just go on with my life.
Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:47 pm

I don't "get" them either... but the constant net hate they get from the tr00 mettle brigade cracks me up. Yeah boys, keep wishing death on the Japanese teenyboppers in tu-tu's. Metal loves you for it. You so damn tr00 dawgs!!
tr00 Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 6:42 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 6:44 pm

You know what?  If Babymetal is a "pop phenomenon" in Japan I think it's a lot better than most of the "pop phenomena" that take off in North America.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 9:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't "get" them either... but the constant net hate they get from the tr00 mettle brigade cracks me up. Yeah boys, keep wishing death on the Japanese teenyboppers in tu-tu's. Metal loves you for it. You so damn tr00 dawgs!!
tr00 Laughing very hard

I agree and I am sure there is some sort of psychoanalysis that could be done there about connotations and projection of dislike but I am in way smart enough to figure it out. Ha. I think that hate is a strong emotion; and sometimes as strong as love. They will slam an act they don't like but defend to the death their favorite band no matter what.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 9:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
You know what?  If Babymetal is a "pop phenomenon" in Japan I think it's a lot better than most of the "pop phenomena" that take off in North America.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 11:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Oh please. I love how people act like theyre some kind of insult or threat to the sanctity of Metal. They're just a stupid pop band.  Their fifteen minutes of fame will be up soon.

I don't mind them being around my dear friend. But i hate the fact they have become the center of attention of the only metal magazine to reach our shores here. Babymetal articles have been dominating most of metal hammer's pages sadly enough.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 11:41 pm

nevermore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I agree.

But north america also gave the world some of the best pop in the history of music.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Call me an unashamed Babymetal fan.

I just got done sampling a handful of tunes and couldn't believe the goosebumps on my arms. This is metal through and through. The band is extremely talented with a ton of proggy moments to counterbalance the pop sensibilities. And the girls have terrific voices, intense choreography, and their "I Want Chocolate" kiddie moments provide a perfect amount of absurdum.

If anyone here enjoys whining about Babymetal but hasn't taken the time with their music, I suggest changing that up. Recommended tracks are Karate and the epic The One. I would rather this sound to be the norm in western pop culture today. There's more talent here than anything on the American charts.

Oh and Metal Hammer is a shit mag anyway. Laughing
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:45 pm

corplhicks wrote:

I just got done sampling a handful of tunes and couldn't believe the goosebumps on my arms. This is metal through and through. The band is extremely talented with a ton of proggy moments to counterbalance the pop sensibilities. And the girls have terrific voices, intense choreography, and their "I Want Chocolate" kiddie moments provide a perfect amount of absurdum.

If anyone here enjoys whining about Babymetal but hasn't taken the time with their music, I suggest changing that up. Recommended tracks are Karate and the epic The One. I would rather this sound to be the norm in western pop culture today. There's more talent here than anything on the American charts.

Have you heard Catch Me If You Can? That chorus is just catchy as hell!

....... and that faux running thing they do just cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 10:11 pm

If you like Japanese pop with a strong HM/HR influence like this, then listen to Janne da Arc and Siam Shade. Some of my favorite Japanese bands in this style.

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 8:08 am

corplhicks wrote:

I liked Karate so much I even bought the album lol. Haven't listened to it yet though.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Thx Corpy and Beary. That is all. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Babymetal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babymetal
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: