Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Babymetal

Go down 
+40
corplhicks
nevermore
the sentinel
muckie
Gilbert
666_Evil_666
Required Fields
tohostudios
Smindas
glassprison
onrypt
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Runicen
DakotaRogers
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
candlemass
Rami Airola
MoonChild
Vexer6
chewie
Eyesore
AutumnShantel
Lari
ultmetal
Addy
stormspell
Boris2008
iamrockerfun
mc666
deathisgain
Orion Crystal Ice
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
metalhead777
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
GrandNational
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

"It sounds like King Diamond f**ked a Pokemon and had triplets."

I'm sorry, but that last one is priceless. I literally laughed out loud!  Laughing very hard 

You & me both. When I first read it I damn near spewed soda all over my cell phone. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:05 pm

I don't like listening to female vocalists (it's not that I don't have respect for them, it's just that it's not exactly music to my ears). So... that was even more painful than it should have been. haha
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 5:12 pm

I like it. Just a 2014 continuation of the Japanese Visual Kei scene, if you ask me. Big sound, big production, and a weirdly skewed perspective. Right up my alley. I can't say I dig anything synchronized or choreographed in metal [and, yes, the production is too clean for my taste]. But most Westerners also think X, Vow Wow, Seikima-II, etc are kinda silly and that is where I disagree.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:25 pm

I like a little bit of insane giant-synth J-pop and K-pop.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Just saw this today, put a smile on my face:

First off, the music is badass. But man, this is some annoying shit. I know it's trendy to like it, but I can't get on board. Absolutely obnoxious. Haha.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Just saw this today, put a smile on my face:

First off, the music is badass. But man, this is some annoying shit. I know it's trendy to like it, but I can't get on board. Absolutely obnoxious. Haha.

This is the one I prefer. That chorus just sticks in your head:

Last edited by chewie on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:19 pm

I liked it better when it was called "(SIC)" and performed by Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:24 am

Eyesore wrote:
I liked it better when it was called "(SIC)" and performed by Slipknot.
a nice mash up of both bands...

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm having a hard time believing that anybody takes Babymetal serious. I sure am seeing a lot of posts on Facebook from metal fans about how awesome this band is. I mean, to me it looks like a joke or something you might see on the Disney Channel. I doubt it's even a band. It's probably just a professional production put on by some big company with a lot of money and people are eating it up.

Yup, I'm getting old, cause I don't get it.  Babymetal - Page 2 251456

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm having a hard time believing that anybody takes Babymetal serious. I sure am seeing a lot of posts on Facebook from metal fans about how awesome this band is. I mean, to me it looks like a joke or something you might see on the Disney Channel. I doubt it's even a band. It's probably just a professional production put on by some big company with a lot of money and people are eating it up.

I don't think Babymetal is any more or less convincing than crap like Dragonforce, there's a whole lot of metal bands out there that are just as pre-packaged and unintentionally hilarious as Babymetal.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Well I very much disagree with that, I think they're decent at the very least(I find them more listenable then most Death Metal bands), they seem like a real band and don't seem like a "joke" to me at all.

Also Disney isn't exactly popular in Japan(at least not as much as it is here), so I wouldn't be surprised if the band had no clue who they were.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Japan is a straaaaaaange place. Laughing very hard

Yeah that!!!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I am with ya brother! This, to me, seems so stupid!  sick 
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:15 pm

stormspell wrote:
Pedophile metal. You gotta love Asian culture Wink

lol! 

India is in Asia too, but we have some super cool metal bands here, and not such shits!  Babymetal - Page 2 395375 
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:19 pm

MoonChild wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah that!!!
Eh, we have even more bizarre crap here in the U.S.(Gangnam style, WTF is that?)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Well I very much disagree with that, I think they're decent at the very least(I find them more listenable then most Death Metal bands), they seem like a real band and don't seem like a "joke" to me at all.

Also Disney isn't exactly popular in Japan(at least not as much as it is here), so I wouldn't be surprised if the band had no clue who they were.

Didn't mean to say they had any connection to Disney, but the whole production reeks of something a big entertainment corporation like Disney would create and market to the masses. Generic musicians all wearing identical masks so that they can be traded in and out without anyone noticing, professionally choreographed moves, huge production videos, super expensive lighting and laser shows, studio licks and tricks to make the singing sound good, cute-non-offensive costumers on the girls, music that has little personality whatsoever and pop singers and song structures.

As for being a "real band", there is no band. You don't know who any of the musicians are. They are nameless and faceless. The songs are written by professional songwriters. It's all about those cute little girls prancing around on stage in their cute outfits with heavy music behind them. What about this says "metal band" to anyone?

Those girls are cute and their showmanship is impressive and entertaining, but that's about it. It's entertaining theater.

Last edited by ultmetal on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah that!!!
Eh, we have even more bizarre crap here in the U.S.(Gangnam style, WTF is that?)

Korean pop music, aka K-Pop.

The second single from Psy is even catchier, plus his music videos are hilarious.  I hear K-Pop at work almost every day (I work in the Koreatown neighborhood of Los Angeles).  

Last edited by S.D. on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:32 pm

A lot of K-pop is very well done with more interesting instrumentation and better hooks than the ghetto-pop that dominates the USA. Babymetal has no hooks or interesting textures to speak of, it's just... they literally threw random sections of disparate things into a blender and the novelty sells it..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

I'll give you that.  lol! 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Well I still think they're a decent group, they didn't really seem like something Disney would've created(they're a bit too heavy for one thing)
Back to top Go down

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Didn't mean to say they had any connection to Disney, but the whole production reeks of something a big entertainment corporation like Disney would create and market to the masses. Generic musicians all wearing identical masks so that they can be traded in and out without anyone noticing, professionally choreographed moves, huge production videos, super expensive lighting and laser shows, studio licks and tricks to make the singing sound good, cute-non-offensive costumers on the girls, music that has little personality whatsoever and pop singers and song structures.

As for being a "real band", there is no band. You don't know who any of the musicians are. They are nameless and faceless. The songs are written by professional songwriters. It's all about those cute little girls prancing around on stage in their cute outfits with heavy music behind them. What about this says "metal band" to anyone?

Those girls are cute and their showmanship is impressive and entertaining, but that's about it. It's entertaining theater.

It is exactly as you describe.  But I think the point you're missing is that YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE.  The producers could care less what a bunch of dudes in their 40s think of this, they want TEENAGERS to buy the music and that is exactly how it is produced and marketed.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:11 pm

The teenagers that buy it don't care what we think either, they like what they like.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:24 pm

I feel like Babymetal is 'planned out' by the label people the same way a car break-in is 'planned out' by a guy on PCP.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 pm

I think the people who are complaining about this not being a "real metal band" are the ones who are taking it all too seriously. Kids today don't seem to care about such things. Look at Dethklok for example.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 3:19 pm

mc666 wrote:
I think the people who are complaining about this not being a "real metal band" are the ones who are taking it all too seriously. Kids today don't seem to care about such things. Look at Dethklok for example.

or Steel Panther.  :cheese: 

Babymetal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babymetal   Babymetal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babymetal
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: