Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 7:34 pm

This is not a political album at all. It's just an album about war told from the perspective of those fighting those wars. Pretty simple really.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Tate just interviewed veterans and put those veterans' stories into songs. It's not the slightest bit political.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:51 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:
What does being from Seattle have to do with anything?  

What does left wing politics have to do with singing odes to the military?

What does Seattle have to do with left-wing politics?

Politics do not enter into the lyrics, name me one lyric on the album that is one iota political on the album?
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:00 am

When it comes to soldiers, politics enters into it whether you want it to or not. At least, that's what I always learned from Roger Waters albums, anyway. Laughing

If you are treating soldiers as anything other than cogs in a machine sent off to perform a task, it does beg the question "Are they being utilized for just purposes or just thrown around on whims?"

From that perspective, I think American Soldier is a political album - just not in a partisan sense (unless you REALLY want to get into which party is more pro-war - and I'd argue both are in different ways).
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: new song   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 11:03 am

New song Arrow of Time. Since no sound on this computer I cannot say anything yet.

https://soundcloud.com/centurymedia/queensryche-arrow-of-time/s-3aMP6
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 11:10 am

I did the pledge-thing for the new album and they released the first track for "pledgers" called Arrow Of Time and it sounds great - the production sounds much better than the last album (and that's just off a stream) and blows away all of the samples/songs that tate has out there from his upcoming release that will sound like all the crap he has been putting out over the past 20 years.

The songs sounds like the next logical step from the 2013 self titled release - looking forward to the album!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 11:14 am

tul wrote:
New song Arrow of Time. Since no sound on this computer I cannot say anything yet.

https://soundcloud.com/centurymedia/queensryche-arrow-of-time/s-3aMP6

Cool - hope the link works for everyone else!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 3:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I did the pledge-thing for the new album and they released the first track for "pledgers" called Arrow Of Time and it sounds great - the production sounds much better than the last album (and that's just off a stream) and blows away all of the samples/songs that tate has out there from his upcoming release that will sound like all the crap he has been putting out over the past 20 years.

The songs sounds like the next logical step from the 2013 self titled release - looking forward to the album!

I like the song. Hope the rest of the album is as good.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 4:48 pm

Dig that tune quite a bit. But like the last album, it sounds more like Queensryche 2.0 than anything they've done in the past. Not a bad thing, of course, but I don't get all the "this is the Queensryche we've been missing" comments out there. It's got shades of the old Queensryche (the verses have a "The Needle Lies" feel to it), though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Would you rather hear this song played live when you see them or ANY song they recorded in the 80s?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Would you rather hear this song played live when you see them or ANY song they recorded in the 80s?

That applies to a hell of a lot of other bands too. Judas Priest, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Scorpions, Ozzy, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple (If you say '70s instead of '80s)

Maybe they should all stop trying to write new stuff and just play what people want to hear.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Quote :
That applies to a hell of a lot of other bands too. Judas Priest, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Scorpions, Ozzy, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple (If you say '70s instead of '80s)

Maybe with the exception of Metallica, I enjoy hearing new material from all of these bands live.

I think the new Queensryche track sounds awesome. I hope they play it when I see them open for the Scorpions in September!

Quote :

This one. Their setlist has become even more stale lately than when they had Tate in the band.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:23 pm

I like it. But my question is, will they just explore the old power metal side or will they do experimental stuff like on RFO and PL?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:50 pm

chewie wrote:
I like it. But my question is, will they just explore the old power metal side or will they do experimental stuff like on RFO and PL?

I think "Open Road" and "A World Without" from the last album are very much like the stuff on Promised Land.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
chewie wrote:

I think "Open Road" and "A World Without" from the last album are very much like the stuff on Promised Land.

I'll have to check that album out again. I'm listening to that song sample again and I really do like it. The more I hear it, the more I like it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I think it depends on 2 things: how many times you have seen them live; and whether you prefer the old material to the new material?

I have seen the 'ryche twice (once with Tate and once with Todd) but if I had seen them 5 times or more in my life then I might prefer to hear a new tune over say "Jet City Woman" or another staple.For the record, I prefer the old songs to the new as nothing will ever replace the old faves.
The wife and I are going to see Whitesnake this Friday night, Last night we were having dinner at Hard Rock at Foxwoods and the concert came up. She was asking me what songs they sing that she would know and I told her the obvious ones. But, then I was thinking about how I would like to hear some deeper tracks like "Lovehunter" or "Walkin' in the Shadow of the Blues" or "Sailing Ships" than hearing/ seeing the hits/ singles for the tenth time.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Well, I like it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Dig that tune quite a bit. But like the last album, it sounds more like Queensryche 2.0 than anything they've done in the past. Not a bad thing, of course, but I don't get all the "this is the Queensryche we've been missing" comments out there. It's got shades of the old Queensryche (the verses have a "The Needle Lies" feel to it), though.

i agree. I dont get all the throwback references other than they are actually playing metal once again. I enjoyed the song for being a good metal song - not that it has the Queensryche name attached to it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 8:07 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

i agree. I dont get all the throwback references other than they are actually playing metal once again. I enjoyed the song for being a good metal song - not that it has the Queensryche name attached to it.

That's probably it. Just the fact that they're playing something that isn't a half a step away from modern rock.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 8:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That's probably it. Just the fact that they're playing something that isn't a half a step away from modern rock.

or modern crap as it was with GT.

bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Diggin' the new tune!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 12:01 am

The do sound like old 'ryche in some ways though 'cause my wife recognized it was them when she heard it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 8:25 am

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 10:27 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Maybe they should all stop trying to write new stuff and just play what people want to hear.

Personally I prefer that they mix it up, old and new. Makes for a better experience I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next