Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:52 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Gonna have to eat some crow here. Geoff is playing some instruments besides the sax. He's playing them like an actor would, with minimal hand movements, but...it's more than I thought he was capable of doing.

That said, this is rather laughable. His voice doesn't sound too bad, but the whole production screams high-school musical. And a bad one.

Except a high school musical would have a much larger crowd

I just want to know the name of his dancers so I can do an image search.  greedy 
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:09 pm

Geoff can sing a FNM song better than Patton could sing a QUEENSRYCHE song.

It's smart to look outside the metal scene for extra income now. Look at all the kids' music camps these older performers are doing now for extra funds. This has to be more fun than babysitting kids.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:49 pm

I didn't think it could get much worse than that Queensryche Cabaret tour: I should have known better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:08 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Geoff can sing a FNM song better than Patton could sing a QUEENSRYCHE song.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree there. I'm pretty sure that, at this point, Patton could sing QR better than Tate. He'd certainly be able to sound more invested in the material.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:02 am

Looks like I'll have the pleasure of seeing The Vest in concert next week. My buddy won Tateryche tickets and I'm tagging along. I'll report back here after. Doubt I'll be taking any phone cam footage haha.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:30 am

You may want to be sure that all of your personal belongings are tethered to you via elastic bands. You know, for security.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 am

Bring an umbrella for the spit!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Tate has a new name for his band.....Operation Mindcrime

http://bravewords.com/news/geoff-tates-queensryche-to-change-name-to-operation-mindcrime-band-to-enter-studio-shortly

Kinda/Sorta proves that he realizes the album title has more value as a name than Geoff Tate.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Really? REALLY? God, that is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:57 pm

It seems as though the Queensryche fans really do hate him now.

He should just move on with his life, accept that he can't really do that stuff any more and do something else.

Using the name Operation Mindcrime just seems like he's trying to drag out all of the two Queensryche's circus that surely everyone is bored of now.

I'm surprised the court settlement allows this. Someone dropped the ball.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 8:37 pm

I haven't enjoyed anything he's written since Tribe. A new trilogy sounds like a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 pm

That sounds like the name of a tribute band. He should really just let it go.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am

I guess he's been drink too much of his own product (Insania Wine....)
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 8:42 am

James B. wrote:
Tate has a new name for his band.....Operation Mindcrime

http://bravewords.com/news/geoff-tates-queensryche-to-change-name-to-operation-mindcrime-band-to-enter-studio-shortly

Kinda/Sorta proves that he realizes the album title has more value as a name than Geoff Tate.

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Udder
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 9:37 am

Geoffrey Taint is  insane 
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 9:46 am

Quote :
I'm surprised the court settlement allows this. Someone dropped the ball.

There was a clause at the end, if I remember correctly, stating that he has the (exclusive?) right to perform Operation Mindcrime I and II in their entirety. It probably has something to do with that. I think that's essentially what he is doing on this "farewell" tour--performing the first Mindcrime album, and a few songs from Empire as an encore.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:01 am

007 wrote:

I was just about to say... there actually used to BE a Queensryche tribute band by that name!! "Operation Mindcrime" played a club in my area frequently in the early/mid 90s. I never saw them live, but I used to see their gig flyers hanging around when I was there for other shows. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

I was just about to say... there actually used to BE a Queensryche tribute band by that name!! "Operation Mindcrime" played a club in my area frequently in the early/mid 90s. I never saw them live, but I used to see their gig flyers hanging around when I was there for other shows. Laughing very hard

Maybe they can sue The Geoff for using the name! LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 am

I'm really, REALLY not enthused about his band name, although I suppose it makes a certain level of sense.

Now, here's the break point for me - if (IF) Geoff actually has some creative gas in the tank and this trilogy actually turns out to be a well-crafted work, I'll at least be willing to accept him as a talented asshole - much as I am with people like Axl Rose or Roger Waters. Now, on the other hand, if they turn out to be a trio of microwaved cow pies, he's dead to me.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Bring an umbrella for the spit!

Haha! I'll bring a burlesque parasol with GEOFF TATE'S OPERATION MINDCRIME plastered in glitter. Maybe I'll get an autograph.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:31 pm

007 wrote:

Didn't a tribute band named "Mindcrime" play Prog Power a few years ago ?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:25 pm

This is stupid, Operation: Musiccrime
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 2:19 pm

Operation: Nobody gives a shit

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:18 pm

As someone mentioned earlier(Shawn Of Fire?) he should just go and do a Peter Gabriel sort of thing and do HIS own music that isn't tied to QR. Hell, even Robert Plant went and did his solo thing and I think it sounds really good until around Now and Zen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next