Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:30 pm

There are plenty of unlikeable people in industry. Tate has been giving us a double whammy though,being a Jack ass and putting out shifty music,imo.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 10:07 am

007 wrote:
There are plenty of unlikeable people in industry. Tate has been giving us a double whammy though,being a Jack ass and putting out shifty music,imo.

Exactly. It's not like I'm purging every trace of him from my collection or anything. I'll still enjoy old Queensryche. What's done is done. I'm just choosing not to support the guy any longer. He won't be missed.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 12:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

Exactly. It's not like I'm purging every trace of him from my collection or anything. I'll still enjoy old Queensryche. What's done is done. I'm just choosing not to support the guy any longer. He won't be missed.

Yep, everything up to and including Promised Land is classic...... anything else The Geoff does has no interest to me
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 12:45 am

La Torre claims that some of the new material reminds him of Rage for Order and Mindcrime. I tend to never believe these kinds of claims, but with him being new to the band, maybe he can be a bit more objective. I don't know.

Guess we'll fine out later this year.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:35 am

I wish bands wouldn't do that, overdoes it on the expectation that can't be reached.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I wish bands wouldn't do that, overdoes it on the expectation that can't be reached.

yep. I guess its a marketing ploy to keep people interested.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 3:05 pm

exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Maybe sometimes, yeah, but I think a lot of musicians are simply too close to their body of work that it renders them incapable of being objective. A lot of them, I think, genuinely believe the things they say about their music.

Queensryche, for instance, claimed the last Tate-less album was a lot like their early stuff. It wasn't. Maybe there are elements, like the dual guitar solos or whatever, that were also things they did in the past, but fans generally don't make that connection. They hear "reminds me of Rage for Order" and they expect songs like that, not a few parts.

I do think "Open Road" and "A World Without" could have fit on Promised Land, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 3:39 pm

My wife recognized the last album as 'ryche right off and when I played Tate's version didn't, for what that's worth.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

Yep, besides that was a long time ago and Tate is, mos likely, not the exact same person today as he was back then. But anyways, good music is always worth to be part of one's collection; just because the person(s) behind it are jackasses or whatever, doen's really come into my consideraction when enjoying their music.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Maybe sometimes, yeah, but I think a lot of musicians are simply too close to their body of work that it renders them incapable of being objective. A lot of them, I think, genuinely believe the things they say about their music.

Queensryche, for instance, claimed the last Tate-less album was a lot like their early stuff. It wasn't. Maybe there are elements, like the dual guitar solos or whatever, that were also things they did in the past, but fans generally don't make that connection. They hear "reminds me of Rage for Order" and they expect songs like that, not a few parts.

Personally, I tend to think of parts when they say that. It's never possibly to dublicate one's past, not in personality, or looks or whatever. But then I don't have a wish for absolute connection either. I really do think the last album had the QR spirit so to say, and sounded like QR, just not exactly like something they had done before. But then Rage didn't sound like The Warning, either. In fact, I think the last album hade at least more of the original bands heyday spirit than the last couple albums the original band made together. For the next album, I again just expect great songs that to me sounds like Queensryche, like the s/t in that perspective.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:43 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
My wife recognized the last album as 'ryche right off and when I played Tate's version didn't, for what that's worth.

Yeah. Tate's version didn't have the band, whereas the band minus singer still has 3 of 4 original band, and one of the two main writers, Wilton.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 2:43 pm

There are songs on FU that sound and feel more like Queensryche than anything on Todd-Ryche...

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Anyone remember Mustaine saying that Supercolinder had a Killing is my Business vibe! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Anyone remember Mustaine saying that Supercolinder had a Killing is my Business vibe! Laughing very hard

IIRC that was Ellefson.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:34 am

stpatrik wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Personally, I tend to think of parts when they say that. It's never possibly to dublicate one's past, not in personality, or looks or whatever. But then I don't have a wish for absolute connection either. I really do think the last album had the QR spirit so to say, and sounded like QR, just not exactly like something they had done before. But then Rage didn't sound like The Warning, either. In fact, I think the last album hade at least more of the original bands heyday spirit than the last couple albums the original band made together. For the next album, I again just expect great songs that to me sounds like Queensryche, like the s/t in that perspective.

I agree with that. The spirit was there. It was an album that, I think, could have come out after Empire and before Promised Land, a nice transition between the two.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 7:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
stpatrik wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

I agree with that. The spirit was there. It was an album that, I think, could have come out after Empire and before Promised Land, a nice transition between the two.

X2
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:51 pm

So apparently Zeuss is producing the new Queensryche albums, and it appears to have annoyed some stupid fans who see bands like Hatebreed in his credits and can't wrap their heads around it. Someone is claiming that Todd has "taken over" the band because, obviously, this producer was his choice. The logic is kind of nonexistent there.

Anyway, even with bands like Hatebreed and Madball on his resume, those albums sound killer! As does the latest Sanctuary, which he did, as well as albums by Revocation, Sanctity, Kingdom of Sorrow, etc.

Hopefully this new album has that kind of heavy sound he seems to be known for.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:59 pm

I don't see a problem with this. Queensryche doesn't want to be seen as a "retro" act, so they want someone current and popular to produce the album. That's fine. I think at this point, they're smart enough to know what the fans are expecting from them and aren't going to go too far off the rails with this new album, as far as sound goes.

They've spent the 2 years now trying to win back the fan-base they lost during the Tate debacle. They'd be retarded to go and trash that goodwill with a totally out-of-left field album.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:08 pm

I didn't think there was a single thing wrong with the production they had before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:15 pm

I think a new producer is a good idea, the last album did not sound very good at all.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Quote :
some stupid fans who see bands like Hatebreed in his credits and can't wrap their heads around it. Someone is claiming that Todd has "taken over" the band because, obviously, this producer was his choice.

Dorks like that are just looking for any excuse to get their undies in a bunch...even over an album that doesn't exist yet. Sheesh.

I never even heard of this "Zeuss" guy till I bought the new Sanctuary album, and I like that CD just fine...so if he's the guy doing the new Queensryche, hey, good for him/them. Whatever. (shrugs)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Could be they just wanted to clear the air, so to speak, and work with someone new with no past ties to the band or it's history. I had no problem with the production on the last album, but if they want to switch it up, I say go for it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:05 pm

I don't hate the production on the last album as much as other do. Well, I don't hate it at all, actually, but it definitely seemed to lean more toward the higher end of the sound spectrum. I wish it had a bit more heaviness to the mix.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:37 pm

You're all talking about how the album sounds on a sonic/tone/mix level. So, unless Zeuss is also mixing, it's irrelevant. Producing isn't mixing or engineering (although a Producer could do that on his own if he wanted to). A Producer is someone who is there acting as a filter of sorts for the material and the performances...pushing the members for the best takes, making suggestions in terms of arrangements, playing, etc. A Producer is an idea man.

When you guys relate Producer choice to "production quality", you're not connecting the right dots.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:47 pm

The job of a recording engineer is to achieve the sound the producer and the band are envisioning. The engineer doesn't have a say in what the album will sound like, he is an employee who directly answers to the album producer.  A good engineer is also there to point out alternative approaches that might more accurately capture the sound the producer/band is looking for.  

Some producers are more hands-on than others and some producers also engineer the albums themselves.  Yes, some producers are "idea men", but others sit down at the console and get their hands dirty. Many producers started out as engineers to begin with.

There are many different approaches (dots).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next