Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:40 am

thejokeriv wrote:
He can only refer to himself as the “Original Lead Singer of Queensrÿche or “Formerly of Queensrÿche" for a period of two years

So is he not allowed to call himself Geoff now?  surprised 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:50 am

Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
 He can only refer to himself as the “Original Lead Singer of Queensrÿche or “Formerly of Queensrÿche" for a period of two years

add this (from same sentence) you quoted Joker

"and that text must be at least 50% smaller than his name in all materials".

You get full context.
It is easy to misinterpret when you just take part of what was said.

Last edited by James B. on Mon May 05, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:54 am

Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

For two years, he can bill himself as Geoff Tate with one original or formerly for two years. And the Queensryche has be to be at least 50% smaller than Geoff Tate on any adverts/media.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:57 am

Thanks Leo....the quote didn't appear in my post the first time.  So I edited it to include it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:01 pm

James B. wrote:
Thanks Leo....the quote didn't appear in my post the first time.  So I edited it to include it.

Thx.... didn't read your "new post" but I hit yes I want to post!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:07 pm

James B. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

add this (from same sentence) you quoted Joker

"and that text must be at least 50% smaller than his name in all materials".

You get full context.
It is easy to misinterpret when you just take part of what was said.

It also says "refer to himself"..."himself" being Geoff Tate...."refer" as in "reference" as in "former Queensryche" using Queensryche as a reference point.

Had it said he can only "call himself Original Queensryche Vocalist", then that would be different.

happy 
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Runicen wrote:
Ok, now the great oversight Mr. Tate has made in all of this is dropping the stylistic explorations of the first solo album.  I know a lot of people hated on that thing HARD, but it's a consistently interesting listen and a really bold set of experiments.  

Kings & Thieves, on the other hand, sounds like a crappy prog metal outfit with enough money to blow on production to make a very clear expression of some really underwhelming songs.

In all of this, it kind of boils down to how nice it would be if he actually followed through with what he claims to want to do, because there's every indication that he could do it well...  As opposed to Queensryche Lite, the same reduction in quality and calories!

I liked it his first solo album and explored a different side of his artistically. I would hope now that he no longer has to live his former band's past, he can move forward in his own direction as a solo artist.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 1:19 am

manny wrote:
Runicen wrote:
Ok, now the great oversight Mr. Tate has made in all of this is dropping the stylistic explorations of the first solo album.  I know a lot of people hated on that thing HARD, but it's a consistently interesting listen and a really bold set of experiments.  

Kings & Thieves, on the other hand, sounds like a crappy prog metal outfit with enough money to blow on production to make a very clear expression of some really underwhelming songs.

In all of this, it kind of boils down to how nice it would be if he actually followed through with what he claims to want to do, because there's every indication that he could do it well...  As opposed to Queensryche Lite, the same reduction in quality and calories!

I liked it his first solo album and explored a different side of his artistically. I would hope now that he no longer has to live his former band's past, he can move forward in his own direction as a solo artist.

I don't own Kings & Thieves yet. I will buy it eventually. I dig his debut; it's not amazing, but it's not bad. I really like "Helpless."

Geoff needs to hook up with some world-class musicians, check his ego at the door, and just sing his ass off. If he doesn't, not being able to use the Queensryche name in two years is really going to hurt.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
Runicen wrote:

I don't own Kings & Thieves yet. I will buy it eventually. I dig his debut; it's not amazing, but it's not bad. I really like "Helpless."

Geoff needs to hook up with some world-class musicians, check his ego at the door, and just sing his ass off. If he doesn't, not being able to use the Queensryche name in two years is really going to hurt.

I'd love to hear GT in an Anathema or OSI type of context...
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:46 am

I've never understood the thing with Queensryche. Just getting that on record.

I had a couple albums when I was younger and never really got into them. "Queen of the Reich" is cool.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:58 am

"With the Queensrÿche canvas wiped completely clean and the band’s easel the strongest and most stable it’s been in years"

I'm glad to see someone's liberal arts degree is serving them well.

From the draft pile:

"With the Queensrÿche table finally scrubbed free of the crumbs of the Wendys Classic Double value meal and all four chair legs firmly reattached..."

"With the mightly Queensrÿche Ikea couch finally assembled and the funny little hex wrench safely locked away in case one of those bolts comes loose down the road..." (scrapped over potential copyright infringement)

I feel like the writer of that release has been watching far too much Darkwing Duck.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 10:03 am

Quote :
I feel like the writer of that release has been watching far too much Darkwing Duck.

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:43 pm

The hope is that, without the crutch of the band name, the guy gets "hungry" again, polishes up his instrument and really goes out with something to prove. His present state notwithstanding, he was easily one of the best vocalists alive, in that genre or any other, and it's really a shame to see what he's let himself become.

Color me a utopian idealist, but I'd like to see the guy pull it out of the hat and show us some greatness before he shuffles off the mortal coil. That'd beat the hell out of "remembering the good days."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:46 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Even "hungry" is a bit of a dangerous word. He definitely needs to keep his damn shirt on under that vest. I'm starting to think he's smuggling midgets under there or something.  Laughing 

FU isn't nearly as bad as I half wanted it to be, but yeah - the guy could do far better. He needs vocal coaching, some clean living, and to probably crack open some books at a higher reading level than The Hunger Games. At that point, I think we could get the guy behind the concept of OM and Promised Land back in the action.

Don't get me started on American Soldier. Great concept, terrible execution... And it felt like a really bad attempt at pandering that arrived a few years too late for the "Gerd Blerss Amuricah" wave. No disrespect - I love this country; but I got really tired of seemingly everyone trying to literally sell me patriotism between 2001 and 2005 or so.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Tate's amazing EPK from 2012, this was uploaded after him being fired. Humour at it's finest:

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:45 pm

stpatrik wrote:
Tate's amazing EPK from 2012, this was uploaded after him being fired. Humour at it's finest:

it's a propagandists wet dream.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Despite American Soldier being a massive turd overall, this is a fantastic song.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:45 am

Gonna have to eat some crow here. Geoff is playing some instruments besides the sax. He's playing them like an actor would, with minimal hand movements, but...it's more than I thought he was capable of doing.

That said, this is rather laughable. His voice doesn't sound too bad, but the whole production screams high-school musical. And a bad one.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 8:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
Gonna have to eat some crow here. Geoff is playing some instruments besides the sax. He's playing them like an actor would, with minimal hand movements, but...it's more than I thought he was capable of doing.

That said, this is rather laughable. His voice doesn't sound too bad, but the whole production screams high-school musical. And a bad one.

Except a high school musical would have a much larger crowd
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 8:56 am

The twin skeeze factors for me:

1.) Have you seen that he covered Epic by Faith No More in this? Yeah, it's as bad as you think it would be and worse - bad karaoke night in hell bad. And I love FNM, so the problem ain't with the song itself, if you get my drift.

2.) At least one of his daughters are in the "scantily clad dancer corp" if this is anything like the Vaudeville shows he did with QR. Tell me you'd be thrilled to have your daughter stripper dancing in front of you...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:50 am

Runicen wrote:
The twin skeeze factors for me:

1.) Have you seen that he covered Epic by Faith No More in this?  Yeah, it's as bad as you think it would be and worse - bad karaoke night in hell bad.  And I love FNM, so the problem ain't with the song itself, if you get my drift.

2.) At least one of his daughters are in the "scantily clad dancer corp" if this is anything like the Vaudeville shows he did with QR.  Tell me you'd be thrilled to have your daughter stripper dancing in front of you...

Funny, I thought one of the better moments in this clip was the FNM cover. He looked silly acting like a rapper, but I thought it sounded fine.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:30 am

It smacked really hard of seeing one's drunken uncle attempting to woo a gal at the bar doing bad karaoke. Maybe it was the Geoff's dance moves that made me cringe in shame.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Geoff is hot, makes me wish I was....... QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 576953

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next