Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Ozzy LP After Randy

Go down 
+30
ZombieHavoc
80s Metal Lady
Thelemech
manny
JBall_Z
MoonChild
James B.
brokentulsa
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
nevermore
chewie
thejokeriv
Addy
rajah
mlotek
jettafiend
MetalRob331
journeyman
Troublezone
mc666
metalinmyveins
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
akeldama
Wurthless
Boris2008
candlemass
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Best Ozzy LP After Randy Empty
PostSubject: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Honestly, never owned one after "The Ultimate Sin", just lost interest in what I heard, though I did like some from "No More Tears." I'd have to go w/"Bark at the Moon"...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Bark at the Moon and The Ultimate Sin are the only ones that I paid any attention to. They were both okay and Jake was the best thing about them.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:12 pm

The Ultimate Sin is actually my favorite Ozzy solo album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:18 pm

For me it's The two with Jake and half of Ozzmosis, the half that's good kicks ass and the rest that doesn't blows goats. The rest aren't that good but Down To Earth has like 2-3 songs I like. I never got into the rest much, especially Scream and No More Tears.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Wurthless wrote:
The Ultimate Sin is actually my favorite Ozzy solo album.

Odd, as I agree w/Ult's review on this one. Not bad, but not much to write home about, lot of hoopla at the time over a so-so lp, been a long time since I've listened to this one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Bark At The Moon is the best overall. The Ultimate Sin is pretty good, a couple clunker tracks and an overly-slick production but worthwhile. After that I like selected songs (usually about 2 per album) but no complete albums, I think a single disc compilation would easily hold everything else worth owning post-The Ultimate Sin.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:39 pm

I would pick Bark At The Moon with The Ultimate Sin in second place.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:50 pm

I'll be the odd man out and go for No More Tears, followed by No Rest for the Wicked.

I prefer almost any Sabbath over solo Ozzy, though (even Blizzard).
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think a single disc compilation would easily hold everything else worth owning post-The Ultimate Sin.  

+1
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:25 pm

"The Ultimate Sin" > "No Rest For The Wicked" > "Bark at the Moon". I really don't care for much of anything else post 1988 Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:25 pm

No Rest for the Wicked.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:34 pm

There is no Ozzy album without Randy Rhoads that I consider great. But if I had to choose, I pick the Jake E Lee albums. Especially Bark At the Moon. No Rest For the Wicked is the last real Ozzy album IMO.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Brad, Jake, Zakk, or Gus. The guy had some heavy hitters who were so very different from each other. Bark at the moon would probably be at the top and that is only because I played that thing to death. Ultimate, No rest, No more, and Black rain would follow.

You're No Different was my song from that time period.

Last edited by journeyman on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:05 pm

No More Tears and Ozzmosis are my two fav Ozzy albums. I prefer Zakk's rhythm style over anyone that he has ever had, including RR... As much as I love RR (lead playing), I didn't care for much of the material he played on, bcuz quite frankly it's so overplayed!!

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:07 pm

There's a reason why it's overplayed...
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:17 pm

No More Tears then Bark At The Moon.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 pm

besides "The Ultimate Sin"
the ONLY good album also after that was "No Rest for the Wicked"
I bought every OZZY album after that [Rhoads era] (studio+live), and was ripped off.

Best Ozzy LP After Randy No_rest_for_the_wicked
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:07 pm

1.Bark at the Moon
2.Ozzmosis
3.No Rest For The Wicked
4.Ultimate Sin
5.No More Tears
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:16 am

For me

Ozzmosis is my #1 favorite Ozzy album ever

then maybe Back to Earth
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:08 am

Like S.D., I only like a handful of songs here and there after Jake E. Lee was unceremoniously discharged. He did an admirable job, stepping into shoes impossible to fill! I never really gave the other lp's little more than a glance, I just lost interest in Ozzy, and I don't like Zakk, his playing, his pseudo bad ass biker image nor his mouth when I've heard him in interviews, he's a punk!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:20 am

I'll go with No Rest For The Wicked. Awesome tunes from start to finish. I'd go with Bark At The Moon as a close second.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:27 am

Addy wrote:
For me

Ozzmosis is my #1 favorite Ozzy album ever

then maybe  Back to Earth
Back to Earth?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:29 am

S.D. wrote:
Bark At The Moon is the best overall.  The Ultimate Sin is pretty good, a couple clunker tracks and an overly-slick production but worthwhile.  After that I like selected songs (usually about 2 per album) but no complete albums, I think a single disc compilation would easily hold everything else worth owning post-The Ultimate Sin.  

This - agree with SD
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 am

Bark At The Moon for me. When I reach for post-RR Ozzy its never a Zak Wylde album. I will give a mention to Speak Of The Devil, imho Brad Gillis does a great job.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 am

Bark At The Moon with No Rest For The Wicked a close second.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Ozzy LP After Randy   Best Ozzy LP After Randy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Ozzy LP After Randy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next