Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage

Go down 
+6
Metallic Blaze
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
manny
10 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:36 am

Ozzy Osbourne is planning on releasing a concert DVD later this year featuring never-before-seen footage of his band — including late guitarist Randy Rhoads — performing in 1981. Ozzy wrote on his Twitter profile on Friday, January 22nd after viewing the Rhoads material, "I'm speechless."
Osbourne is currently recording his new studio album for a tentative July release. Bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson also tweeted on Friday, "Been in the studio all week tracking the new Ozzy record. Should be done with my parts by Sunday."
Ozzy's next album, his first since 2007's "Black Rain," will include such songs as "Let It Die" and "Diggin' Me Down" and "Soul Sucka." The record will be the first to feature Ozzy's new guitarist, Greek native Gus G., who replaced longtime axeman Zakk Wylde in Ozzy's band last year.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:38 am

manny wrote:
Ozzy Osbourne is planning on releasing a concert DVD later this year featuring never-before-seen footage of his band — including late guitarist Randy Rhoads — performing in 1981. Ozzy wrote on his Twitter profile on Friday, January 22nd after viewing the Rhoads material, "I'm speechless."
Osbourne is currently recording his new studio album for a tentative July release. Bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson also tweeted on Friday, "Been in the studio all week tracking the new Ozzy record. Should be done with my parts by Sunday."
Ozzy's next album, his first since 2007's "Black Rain," will include such songs as "Let It Die" and "Diggin' Me Down" and "Soul Sucka." The record will be the first to feature Ozzy's new guitarist, Greek native Gus G., who replaced longtime axeman Zakk Wylde in Ozzy's band last year.

Nice - I would love to see the old footage!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:53 am

I wonder if it is the very heavily bootlegged footage from that 'After Hours' program from 1981? If it is I will still buy it, since I have an old bootleg VHS copy somewhere in my collection.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:09 am

Can't wait to see clips of it on YouTube. Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_biggrin

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:56 am

Cool. The first two Ozzy solo discs are classics, so I'll pick this up eventually.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm always up for new Randy related releases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:51 pm

It will slay anything done recently by Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:42 pm

I'm actually more excited about the new Ozzy album with Gus G. than I am in this old stuff that's been overplayed to death on "Tribute".
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I'm actually more excited about the new Ozzy album with Gus G. than I am in this old stuff that's been overplayed to death on "Tribute".

A-M-E-N!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:20 am

Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage 83628

OZZY OSBOURNE'S LANDMARK SOLO ALBUMS BLIZZARD OF OZZ & DIARY OF A MADMAN - RESTORED & REMASTERED - SET FOR RELEASE MAY 2011!

The week of May 30th sees the release of two albums which form the cornerstone of Ozzy’s career as a solo artist: Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman (Epic Records/Legacy Recordings).

These definitive versions of 1980's Blizzard of Ozz (with previously unreleased bonus tracks) and 1981's Diary of a Madman are available individually on vinyl or CD, or together in a limited edition 30th Anniversary deluxe collector's box set containing a 100-page coffee table book, a two-sided wall-size poster, a precise and detailed full-size replica of Ozzy's iconic gold cross that he has worn for 30 years and "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD – which chronicles Ozzy’s years with Randy Rhoads and features previously unseen performance footage filmed in 1981 and 1982. All versions have been restored and remastered from the original analog sources by George Marino.

Long revered by rock fans around the world, these two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980s and beyond as they were marked by the ground-breaking and historic union of Ozzy and the late guitar hero Randy Rhoads.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:15 am

manny wrote:
Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage 83628

OZZY OSBOURNE'S LANDMARK SOLO ALBUMS BLIZZARD OF OZZ & DIARY OF A MADMAN - RESTORED & REMASTERED - SET FOR RELEASE MAY 2011!

The week of May 30th sees the release of two albums which form the cornerstone of Ozzy’s career as a solo artist: Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman (Epic Records/Legacy Recordings).

These definitive versions of 1980's Blizzard of Ozz (with previously unreleased bonus tracks) and 1981's Diary of a Madman are available individually on vinyl or CD, or together in a limited edition 30th Anniversary deluxe collector's box set containing a 100-page coffee table book, a two-sided wall-size poster, a precise and detailed full-size replica of Ozzy's iconic gold cross that he has worn for 30 years and "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD – which chronicles Ozzy’s years with Randy Rhoads and features previously unseen performance footage filmed in 1981 and 1982. All versions have been restored and remastered from the original analog sources by George Marino.

Long revered by rock fans around the world, these two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980s and beyond as they were marked by the ground-breaking and historic union of Ozzy and the late guitar hero Randy Rhoads.

cool

As long as this doesn't get cranked up like Death Magnetic or Exile On Main Street.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:01 am

I wonder if on these "re-issue's" if Sharon will have the bass and drum tracks "re-worked" to cut Daisley and Butler out again...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:02 am

martinsane wrote:
I wonder if on these "re-issue's" if Sharon will have the bass and drum tracks "re-worked" to cut Daisley and Butler out again...

No Ozzy insisted the original tracks be used for these reissues.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:30 am

manny wrote:
martinsane wrote:

LOL!!! I can see it now;

Ozzy: "SHAR - RON!!!!!!!! I want the f'n original tracks - I am the prince of darkness and I f'n put my foot down!!!! SHAR - RON!!!! Do you f'n hear me? Original tracks!!!!!"

Sharon: "What is wrong with you John Osbourne? What I saw goes - did you forget? I am in charge! I wear the pants around here!!!!!! Now that we have that out of the way, I will LET you have that just this once"
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:56 am

Well that's cool to hear. The box set would be a cool addition to the collection.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:58 am

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
martinsane wrote:

LOL!!! I can see it now;

Ozzy: "SHAR - RON!!!!!!!! I want the f'n original tracks - I am the prince of darkness and I f'n put my foot down!!!! SHAR - RON!!!! Do you f'n hear me? Original tracks!!!!!"

Sharon: "What is wrong with you John Osbourne? What I saw goes - did you forget? I am in charge! I wear the pants around here!!!!!! Now that we have that out of the way, I will LET you have that just this once"

Ozzy's side of the story ( as cleared by Sharon)

Ozzy told The Pulse of Radio he was against the idea of replacing the original tracks when he found out about it. "Believe me, it wasn't my doing," he said. "I mean, I didn't know that was being done, 'cause Sharon was fighting all the legal things that were going down at the time. I said, 'What did you do that for?' And she said, 'The only way I could stop everything was if it went to that level.' And I said, 'You know what, whatever the circumstances were, I want the original thing back.' I mean, I wouldn't have done that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage   Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne to release unreleased Randy Rhoads footage
Page 1 of 1