Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums

Go down 
+5
Boris2008
Wurthless
Witchfinder
fingers
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Empty
PostSubject: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 8:44 am

just want to know if any of you have had the same issue as me on buying those albums. I bought the 2002 remastered version of Diary of a Madman and it turns out the bass and drum parts were re-recorded by Rob Trujillo and Mike Bordin which is a really cheap thing to do I'm glad Randy Rhoads guitar parts weren't re-recorded by Zakk Wylde. I hope the original album pressing of Diary of A Madman with the original line up hasn't gone out of print.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 8:59 am

Those reissues were truly one of the scummiest moves that Sharon Osbourne has ever pulled off.

Luckily, both albums were subsequently reissued and remastered in 2011. Blizzard of Ozz was called an "Expanded Edition" and Diary was called a "Legacy Edition." Both albums have all the original bass and drum parts on them and they come with bonus tracks.

I believe single disc versions of the 2011 reissues were released in 2015. The don't contain any bonus material but they are the same remaster job as in 2011.

The 1995 remasters are also readily available on the used market.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 9:07 am

Although I don't like re-buying albums I already own, in this case I'd like to make the exception. I have Diary and Blizzard on those 2002 remastered versions and I'd really like to have them with the original bass and drums on them. Those Expanded and Legacy Editions are the ones I'd rather have.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 1:52 pm

The Legacy Editions/Expanded ones are great purchases. I really love the bonus live disc with Diary of a Madman, especially.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Wurthless wrote:
The Legacy Editions/Expanded ones are great purchases. I really love the bonus live disc with Diary of a Madman, especially.

They are really well done, I think they knew that they had to be good after the 2002 debacle!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 8:26 pm

I never picked those up.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 11:11 pm

One of the first CDs I purchased as a kid was the 2002 remaster of Blizzard of Ozz. I remember reading about the whole thing a few years down the road when I cared more about the music and I got furious, haha. I second Witchfinder in saying that that was one of the most f*cked up things Sharon's ever done.

I'm glad they didn't screw it up again.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 8:47 am

I bought the 2002 remaster of Blizzard when they came out. I had no clue about the re-recorded parts but knowing that album from Vinyl, i immediately noticed that they sound different. I went online, looked it up, read about it on some metal forum and yeah, i was pissed.
It definitely was a scumbag move but i'm not surprised considering Sharone is an asshole.

Witchfinder wrote:

I believe single disc versions of the 2011 reissues were released in 2015.  The don't contain any bonus material but they are the same remaster job as in 2011

Too bad they are your typical modern remaster: Brickwalled and highly compressed with a DR Rating of 8. I heard Blizzards 2011 remaster and it is not a pleasant experience. The 1995 remaster are way better (though also not perfect)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 am

Yeah, Sharon should've been Negan'd for that bs, what a vile woman.

2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Negan-300x300
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 9:51 am

I had no idea that even happened. Was there a particular reason to rerecord the drums and bass?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 10:24 am

Money. By re -recording the drums and bass they cut off any royalties due to Daisley and Kerslake (the original players).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums   2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2002 remastered Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne albums
Page 1 of 1