Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dokken Remasters Coming Soon

Go down 
+12
journeyman
manny
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 pm

You know, I never even knew there was a song called "Back For The Attack" until I read this thread. How is that possible? Either way, what a kick-ass song! How did that not make a main album?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You know, I never even knew there was a song called "Back For The Attack" until I read this thread. How is that possible? Either way, what a kick-ass song! How did that not make a main album?

I used to have the "Dream Warriors" Nightmare On Elm Street 3 cassingle, which is where the song "Back For the Attack" originated. I tossed it away years ago, with the rest of my cassette's. That was kinda stupid.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/dokken/dream_warriors_f1/

Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Dokken13
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:30 am

I just got an email from Rock Candy Records and they confirmed that they are planning to release Back For The Attack and Beast From The East later this year. They are securing the rights currently. Woo-hoo!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Especially since that song is better than several of the songs on the actual Back For The Attack album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Bumping for news that Rock Candy has just reissued Back For The Attack with a bonus track. The bonus track is "Back For The Attack." So that's great news. Hopefully we'll be seeing the full version of Beast From The East soon as well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 11:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I love Dokken as much as the next fanboy but I've got all the original CDs, so I'll pass.

Now if they bother to release "Back For The Attack" with the title track added as a bonus (rescuing it from its years of exile as a B-side on the "Dream Warriors" single)...that I would buy.

I didn't even know about that track until recently. No idea why someone idiot decided it didn't belong on the main album!

EDIT: Ha! And apparently this is the thread through which I learned of the song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 11:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I love Dokken as much as the next fanboy but I've got all the original CDs, so I'll pass.

Now if they bother to release "Back For The Attack" with the title track added as a bonus (rescuing it from its years of exile as a B-side on the "Dream Warriors" single)...that I would buy.

I didn't even know about that track until recently. No idea why someone idiot decided it didn't belong on the main album!

EDIT: Ha! And apparently this is the thread through which I learned of the song.

That song was actually a leftover from the Under Lock And Key sessions, it wasn't recorded at the same time as the rest of the Back For The Attack album. I guess they liked the title enough to use it though....

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 3:04 am

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

That song was actually a leftover from the Under Lock And Key sessions, it wasn't recorded at the same time as the rest of the Back For The Attack album.  I guess they liked the title enough to use it though....

Ah. I might take back that comment then. I don't know if it would have fit well on that album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dokken Remasters Coming Soon
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3