Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dokken Remasters Coming Soon

Go down 
+12
journeyman
manny
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Empty
PostSubject: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Well, at least Def Leppard's Slang reissue gets you a 2nd disc of leftovers  Cool 

Quote :
Dokken's first three full-length albums -- 'Breaking The Chains', 'Tooth And Nail, and 'Under Lock And Key' -- are being remastered as Special Deluxe Collector's Editions by Rock Candy Records.

Each release contains fully remastered sound shaped from 24 BIT digital technology, 16 page full color booklet, 3,500 word essay, enhanced artwork, rare photos and a new interview with frontman Don Dokken. The 'Tooth And Nail' remaster also includes the bonus tracks "Just Got Lucky (single edit)" and "Alone Again (live in Japan)".

Each of these re-releases, and several other classic remasterings, can be purchased direct from Rock Candy Records at www.rockcandyrecords.com.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I love Dokken as much as the next fanboy but I've got all the original CDs, so I'll pass.

Now if they bother to release "Back For The Attack" with the title track added as a bonus (rescuing it from its years of exile as a B-side on the "Dream Warriors" single)...that I would buy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:30 pm

I would pass too--although Rock Candy is handling these, so we could be in for a treat. Honestly though, I've been burnt out on Dokken for ages now. I recently tried to spin Under Lock and Key and it's all so firmly imprinted on my brain it's like the most passive experience in the world. Agree with Keith though on Back for the Attack--that song always belonged there.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I love Dokken as much as the next fanboy but I've got all the original CDs, so I'll pass.

Now if they bother to release "Back For The Attack" with the title track added as a bonus (rescuing it from its years of exile as a B-side on the "Dream Warriors" single)...that I would buy.

Yep, this sums it up perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:41 pm

I got the track "Back For The Attack" on a Japanese Best Of which I found in a Best Buy maybe 15 years ago.  That was a stroke of luck.

They need to release the full version of Beast From The East on cd. The Japanese CD and the vinyl version have more tracks than the US cd. The Japanese edition goes for crazy prices on ebay and amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Same with me. There's just nothing of interest on these. Give me the Back For The Attack song and I'll buy.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:46 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

They need to release the full version of Beast From The East on cd.  The Japanese CD and the vinyl version have more tracks than the US cd. The Japanese edition goes for crazy prices on ebay and amazon.

This. The additional tracks on the Jap version are killer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Quote :
Rock Candy is handling these, so we could be in for a treat.

The production/sound on Tooth & Nail does kinda suck, but I've gotten so used to hearing it that way for the past 30 (!!) years that a newly polished, remastered version would probably sound "wrong" to me Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

The production/sound on Tooth & Nail does kinda suck, but I've gotten so used to hearing it that way for the past 30 (!!) years that a newly polished, remastered version would probably sound "wrong" to me Laughing very hard

THANK YOU. That album sounds like it was recorded in a tin can! For years I thought I was the only one who noticed; not one review I've ever read mentions this. It's sheer treble. But yes, it does grow on you...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Maybe if I find them at a low price used.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:24 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

THANK YOU. That album sounds like it was recorded in a tin can! For years I thought I was the only one who noticed; not one review I've ever read mentions this. It's sheer treble. But yes, it does grow on you...

Tooth & Nail is one of several albums where I chalked the poor sound quality up to my crappy/worn out cassettes for years n' years....until I upgraded them to CD and went "Wow, so it really sounded this bad all along." Laughing very hard

Other albums in this category include Savatage's Hall Of the Mountain King, Kix's Blow My Fuse and Twisted Sister's Stay Hungry.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Hall Of the Mt. King is one i'd get on a reissue but I haven't seen it. I picked up Edge of Thorns and Handful of Rain used as reissues.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Quote :
Hall Of the Mt. King is one i'd get on a reissue but I haven't seen it.

I picked up a reissue of "Streets: A Rock Opera" years ago that was supposedly "remastered" but it didn't sound any different from my old cassette copy. That kinda pissed me off.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:49 pm

I only recently started filling in the gaps of my Dokken collection, so there's no way I'd shell out more money for these. Hell, I just got Breaking the Chains last year. I'll stick with my originals, crappy sound and all.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Tooth & Nail is one of several albums where I chalked the poor sound quality up to my crappy/worn out cassettes for years n' years....until I upgraded them to CD and went "Wow, so it really sounded this bad all along." Laughing very hard

Other albums in this category include Savatage's Hall Of the Mountain King, Kix's Blow My Fuse and Twisted Sister's Stay Hungry.

Yep, Tooth & Nail sound quality sucked... I didn't think Under Lock & Key was much better. The production on Back For The Attack sounds 1000 times better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:01 pm

Under Lock & Key is a great example of the over-produced 80s, slick and polished to the point where any rough edges are buffed to a fine sheen and subsequently almost all character is removed. It's not heavy metal, it's heavy plastic.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Yeah like Joker said, Back for the Attack is the album where the metal side of Dokken was really in your face thanks to the ballsy production. I remember hearing Kiss of Death for the first time and thinking I had picked up another band by mistake. Made my hair stand up.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:52 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Yeah like Joker said, Back for the Attack is the album where the metal side of Dokken was really in your face thanks to the ballsy production. I remember hearing Kiss of Death for the first time and thinking I had picked up another band by mistake. Made my hair stand up.

The Dokken sound was finally captured in the Studio.... Like SD mentioned, Under Lock & Key was slick and polished..... but to my ears it was a crap job of slick and polished.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:35 pm

I will probably pick up the "Tooth & Nail" release, as it's easily my favorite among the three. Both "Breaking the Chains" and "Under Lock & Key" were two that got a pretty good remastering job from our friend Cliffy, which I have, so I will probably pass on those.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:48 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

The Dokken sound was finally captured in the Studio.... Like SD mentioned, Under Lock & Key was slick and polished..... but to my ears it was a crap job of slick and polished.

That's why I love the pre-Attacks songs on Beast From the East. Unchain the Night sounds like a different and better song altogether.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:04 pm

This concert from Yokohama (04-21-1988) might be even better than "Beast In the East". Great Soundboard recording, with a much different setlist.

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/dokken-1988-04-21-yokohama-japan-sbd-flac-155915.html

Tracks:

01 - Intro
02 - Kiss Of Death
03 - Sleepless Nights (not on Beast From the East)
04 - Unchain The Night
05 - Standing In The Shadows (not on Beast From the East)
06 - Heartless Heart (not on Beast From the East)
07 - Tooth And Nail
08 - When Heaven Comes Down
09 - Dream Warriors
10 - Alone Again
11 - George Lynch Solo
12 - Mr Scary
13 - Lost Behind The Wall (not on Beast From the East)
14 - It's Not Love
15 - Turn On The Action (Not on Beast From the East)
16 - Breaking The Chains
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:34 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
This concert from Yokohama (04-21-1988) might be even better than "Beast In the East". Great Soundboard recording, with a much different setlist.

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/dokken-1988-04-21-yokohama-japan-sbd-flac-155915.html

Tracks:

01 - Intro
02 - Kiss Of Death
04 - Unchain The Night
07 - Tooth And Nail
09 - Dream Warriors
10 - Alone Again
11 - George Lynch Solo
12 - Mr Scary
14 - It's Not Love
16 - Breaking The Chains

God bless you sir. God bless you.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:43 pm

corplhicks wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Tracks:

01 - Intro
02 - Kiss Of Death
04 - Unchain The Night
07 - Tooth And Nail
09 - Dream Warriors
10 - Alone Again
11 - George Lynch Solo
12 - Mr Scary
14 - It's Not Love
16 - Breaking The Chains

God bless you sir. God bless you.

You're welcome. I aims to please... I just got done listening to some of this, and I think I enjoy it slightly more then that of "Beast From the East", because it's a little more raw. Here is a front cover and a back cover. I don't think images were included in the download.

Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Dokken10 Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Dokken12
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Dokken were one of those bands that just made me go "Meh... I don't get the hype" but I may give them a fresh listen soon. Maybe...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:42 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

It still sounds terrible, the budget for that most have been a buck o five, but I have owned it almost since the day it was released and even I got my ears got accustomed to its sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Remasters Coming Soon   Dokken Remasters Coming Soon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dokken Remasters Coming Soon
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next