Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming

Go down 
+13
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
Eyesore
brokentulsa
Gilbert
Troublezone
candlemass
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
Lari
Witchfinder
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7627

Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Empty
PostSubject: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 12:24 pm

TONY IOMMI DISCUSSES UPCOMING BLACK SABBATH REISSUES - “I’D LIKE TO DO A COUPLE OF NEW TRACKS WITH TONY MARTIN”

TONY IOMMI Discusses Upcoming BLACK SABBATH Reissues - “I’d Like To Do A Couple Of New Tracks With TONY MARTIN”
In a new interview with Australia’s theMusic, Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi opened up about his future, post-Sabbath, with hopes of reuniting with former frontman Tony Martin to record new music, in addition to the reissues of some of their classic material.

Iommi confirmed that re-releases of Headless Cross and TYR are just around the corner. "We've held back on the reissues of those albums because of the current Sabbath thing with (current frontman Ozzy Osbourne), but they will certainly be happening," Iommi said. "I'd like to do a couple of new tracks for those releases with Tony Martin. I’ll also be looking at working on Cross Purposes (1994) and Forbidden (1995)."

Former Black Sabbath, Rainbow and Whitesnake drummer Cozy Powell was honoured by the Cirencester Civic Society in his hometown of Cotswold, England back on January 8th. Queen guitarist Brian May and Tony Iommi unveiled a plaque (pictured below) in Cozy's honour on the outside wall of the Corn Hall.

Former Black Sabbath singer Tony Martin was in attendance at the unveiling and said he’s reconnected with Iommi after 15 years.

“Well, what a great day,” he wrote on Facebook. “I attended the unveiling of Cozy Powell’s memorial plaque in his home town of Cirencester, along with Brian May, Neil Murray, and Tony Iommi .... And to my surprise was greeted by Tony Iommi VERY warmly. Its the first conversation of any length I have had with him in 15 years!!!! And it turns out we may well be working together soon!

Martin’s last appearance on a Black Sabbath album was 1995’s Forbidden. Stay tuned for updates.

http://bravewords.com/news/tony-iommi-discusses-upcoming-black-sabbath-reissues-id-like-to-do-a-couple-of-new-tracks-with-tony-martin
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40462

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 12:49 pm

I really liked the Martin era of Sabbath.Any new tracks added to the reissues are what would make these an essential buy for me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6373

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Excellent news!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Quote :
"We've held back on the reissues of those albums because of the current Sabbath thing with (current frontman Ozzy Osbourne), but they will certainly be happening," Iommi said. "I'd like to do a couple of new tracks for those releases with Tony Martin. I’ll also be looking at working on Cross Purposes (1994) and Forbidden (1995)."

Cool ... but you'll notice that no release date(s) are mentioned, which means this is basically just an idea at this point. So I won't hold my breath while I wait.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:23 pm

This is fantastic news, I have been waiting for these since 2010 or so when I started collecting CDs again.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Told ya so...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17144

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 11:13 pm

Great news! Too bad he only wants to work with Martin when he doesn't have anything else going on... Tony Martin is a great singer, and the Sabbath albums he was on were very underrated.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9933

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 2:27 am

Awesome news. Tony martin is my favourite sabbath singer and headless cross one of his best works ever.

I definitely need this one and tyr to be reissued.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 11:34 pm

I had never listened to The Tony Martin era albums all the way through so I streamed them today..wow! really great albums..I will definitely be getting these...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 11:49 pm

Speaking of the reissues, has anyone bought them from Walmart? They're super-cheap there, but I'm always wary of they obnoxious censoring of albums.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Not much progress in 1 year:

"Martin told Metal Jacket Magazine last month that he would also be in favor of reissuing the albums from his era of BLACK SABBATH, featuring bonus material, including some new music. "It is definitely possible," he said. "I spoke to [Iommi] just a few weeks ago. He's bought a new house and he's building a new studio. He said he needs to set that up and get that all ready. But when he's ready, I'm happy to do it, and I know he wants to do it. And just the fact that he wants to do it, it's, like, 'Oh, yeah. That's cool.' [Laughs] 'That's cool.' 'Cause those albums have been deleted for a long time, and I think they could sound better. Especially 'Forbidden' — oooohhhh… I hate that. It was the end of my time with BLACK SABBATH, so it's so… When I listen to it now, I think how I could make it better. So if he gives me the chance, I would love to do that again. Yeah, the possibility is definitely there. If he doesn't die… [Laughs] But, yes, I'm happy to think that it will be sometime soon."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbaths-tony-iommi-on-possible-new-collaboration-with-tony-martin-theres-nothing-set-in-stone/

"Just around the corner" is now "sometime soon".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 4:17 pm

^^ So in other words, don't hold your breath...

There's always Russian bootlegs of the Martin-Sabbaths to tide us over while we wait for the real thing(s), I suppose Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28594

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 12:24 pm

I actually was at a CD/vinyl store today, and saw a second hand copy of Tyr on CD. Given how hard it is to find, I immediately bought it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 3:57 pm

There's a bunch of second hand Martin-Sabbath discs around in Helsinki, but they all go for €40/€50/€60.

€50 is like $70 CAD

I'm not paying that, so I'll wait for reissues, or die waiting.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 9:07 pm

Meh, no cds are worth that. Still, I'm had I have all those Martin era cds.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 3:48 am

Required Fields wrote:
I actually was at a CD/vinyl store today, and saw a second hand copy of Tyr on CD. Given how hard it is to find, I immediately bought it.

Lucky you. I have been looking for this one forever. Was lucky enough to grab Headless Cross on cd for a mere 12$.

I hope Tyr gets reissued soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 7:53 am

I gave up waiting for legit reissues of the Martin-era Sabs a long time ago. Over the past couple of years I've gotten Russki bootlegs of Headless Cross, Cross Purposes, and Tyr/Forbidden off of iOffer.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 8:29 am

The only Tony Martin in my household is the Sabbath Stones compilation.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 9:16 am

Lari wrote:
The only Tony Martin in my household is the Sabbath Stones compilation.

I own this one too. Good material. Has some songs from Tyr.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 9:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I gave up waiting for legit reissues of the Martin-era Sabs a long time ago. Over the past couple of years I've gotten Russki bootlegs of Headless Cross, Cross Purposes, and Tyr/Forbidden off of iOffer.

I got the first three Pantera albums as Russian bootleg releases as well. Not sure if those ever saw a legit cd release. But i must say, those bootlegs sure look like originals. Can be easily displayed on the shelves.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 1:24 pm

I've always wanted to get those Pantera releases.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 10:31 am

I hate this thread.

It gets bumped every once in a while, but there is never the content I want to see: a link to a page to order the new 2-disc Tony Martin reissues.

Ha. I have all of the CDs already--but I want deluxe editions. I'm greedy on this subject ha.

And what I really want is a deluxe Cross Purposes with Cross Purposes Live as the bonus CD.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 7:08 am

He's gearing up for shows as Tony Martin's Headless Cross...I would love to see this! There is a killer set to be culled from those '87-'95 albums.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-black-sabbath-singer-tony-martin-rehearsing-for-headless-cross-shows/
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7627

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 9:20 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I hate this thread.

It gets bumped every once in a while, but there is never the content I want to see: a link to a page to order the new 2-disc Tony Martin reissues.

Ha.

lol!

Same here and I started this thread!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 9:40 am

glassprison wrote:
He's gearing up for shows as Tony Martin's Headless Cross...I would love to see this! There is a killer set to be culled from those '87-'95 albums.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-black-sabbath-singer-tony-martin-rehearsing-for-headless-cross-shows/

I hope Tony Martin still has his voice. Would love to see a live release come out of this headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next