Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

first two ozzy album 'remasters'

Go down 
+8
nevermore
Troublezone
candlemass
Chairman_Smith
EvyMetal
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
caniplaywithmadness?
12 posters
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

first two ozzy album 'remasters' Empty
PostSubject: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:42 pm

what did everybody think about the whole re-recording scandal? anybody compared the originals to them?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Never bothered with the remasters since I already owned the originals.

I will say that the entire debacle was a major douche move on the part of Mrs. Osbourne, though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:27 pm

What a jackass move by Sharon. Also, it is immediately apparent upon listening that the tracks are different. Is it any wonder that Ozzy's albums have sucked since Bob Daisley stopped writing them?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:33 pm

Yeah, Sharon has done some downright MEAN things, but I think that might top it. Does the Bank of OZ really need more gold bars?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:22 am

Nothing beats the originals....
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 3:02 am

sharon just wants more money. im with the rest, I dont need remastered cause i only get the originals.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:37 am

They're not bad, but it was a dickhead thing to do.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:10 am

I missed it, what's the story behind it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:01 am

candlemass wrote:
I missed it, what's the story behind it?

On the current remasters of blizzard of Oz and I think Diary of a Madman as well the bass and drums were re-recorded by Ozzy's current band members.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:08 am

I like them as long as Randy is still on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:18 am

Screw the rereleases.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:41 am

Never bought the remasters. I already have the originals.

I think it was a lame thing to do on Sharon's part but she is used to doing stuff like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:54 am

Actually, these albums are not 'remasters', but total re-recordings. They are not the same at all. I think it was a VERY shallow and lame thing to do. I was apalled at this.

However, if you want actual 'remasters' of both albums, they were remastered in 1995 in their original format (with original bass and drums). THESE are the ones I picked up. So the good remasters are out there too. But they will be taken out of print. So get yours now before they're gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:28 pm

the 1995 remasters have really lame covers if I recall. Isn't the original cover just a small picture surrounded by a some lame computer graphic design? or are those another remaster?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:56 pm

firestar wrote:
the 1995 remasters have really lame covers if I recall. Isn't the original cover just a small picture surrounded by a some lame computer graphic design? or are those another remaster?

I think those are the 95 remasters. I have the Bark at the Moon and Ultimate Sin versions of those.I also own the other version of Bark at the Moon just to have One Up the B Side because it wasn't included on the 95 remaster for some reason.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:19 pm

i got originals not resmatered. i love it as they are. not remastered !
remastered is trash
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:13 am

Ok so I know that they rerecorded those parts but I don't remember why exactly. Why did they even BOTHER with doing it at all in the first place?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:16 am

Jedilink wrote:
Ok so I know that they rerecorded those parts but I don't remember why exactly. Why did they even BOTHER with doing it at all in the first place?

So that Bob Daisley (bass) and Lee Kerslake (drums) would not receive any royalties. It was a very wicked thing to do, a new low for Sharon, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first two ozzy album 'remasters'   first two ozzy album 'remasters' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first two ozzy album 'remasters'
Page 1 of 1