Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?

Go down 
+20
MetallicSeminarian
Shawn Of Fire
ZombieHavoc
rajah
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
brokentulsa
BillRoxx
Temple of Blood
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Boris2008
corplhicks
choosemetal
BearOnUnicycle
Wurthless
Witchfinder
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:40 pm

BillRoxx wrote:
Metal Church and Deep Purple get my vote too! Both in my top 20! Your comments about the States overlooking it, no airplay etc! Excellent points and it sucks! I agree!

I seriously need to get both albums!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:33 pm

+1. Indeed it is much MUCH better than both Ryches. Thanks for reminding me about her album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:54 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
+1. Indeed it is much MUCH better than both Ryches. Thanks for reminding me about her album.

It's really, really good...  headbanger 

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:44 am

Dagoba - Post Mortem Nihil Est     ................Almost an Industrial Groove band with some extreme qualities thrown in there.  I'm not a fan of much of the extreme vocals but this album has plenty of groove and that's what makes me come back to it  A LOT!!

Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 pm

I am gonna say Heretic and Sacred Warrior. Both are very good albums that I listen to quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Didn't Powerwolf release a new album this year? I haven't heard it yet except for a song here and there but it sounded good to me.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:34 pm

jettafiend wrote:
I am gonna say Heretic and Sacred Warrior. Both are very good albums that I listen to quite a bit.  

You know, I forgot about that Heretic. That video Glenn posted was awesome. I need to look into that one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:50 pm

The Answer - New Horizon

I think because this one isn't quite as immediate as their last album, the outstanding Revival, I didn't see a lot of mention of it anywhere. Granted it's not as strong as Revival but I think the title track is the best thing they've ever done. It's not quite as "retro" as their previous material but I still get a Bad Company vibe from it. And I still think the lead singer is the best singer most people have never heard.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:56 pm

corplhicks wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

You know, I forgot about that Heretic. That video Glenn posted was awesome. I need to look into that one.

I'm not sure why I don't have any Heretic. This should be remedied.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 6:54 pm

you know what? Sandstone, label mates, I haven't seen anything about their record anywhere... it's prog metal out of Ireland....it would be right up the alley of Threshold fans. I'm thinking about getting it, the stuff I have heard has really grown on me. I'm sure it would crack my 10 if I like the whole record. Check it out..

(goofy as crap video, cool visual of the coast though and good song)

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:00 am

I don't think the Skid Row E.P. got enough love.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2