Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+22
Svengo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
James B.
chewie
jstate
iamrockerfun
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
thejokeriv
Required Fields
kmorg
nevermore
Boris2008
corplhicks
exact33
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
manny
Leatherface
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 7:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Various college football games.
Same here. We're celebrating our Thanksgiving today since my wife was in Montana with her Pa.
Nothing says Thanksgiving like turkey and football no matter what day it is.  Wink 

Currently watching "The Iron Bowl" (Go Auburn!).  Waiting for the Mizzou/Tx A&M game later tonight (GO TIGERS!).
Wow! Auburn upsets Alabama on a 100 yard missed field goal attempt return. What a great game!

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Various college football games.
Same here. We're celebrating our Thanksgiving today since my wife was in Montana with her Pa.
Nothing says Thanksgiving like turkey and football no matter what day it is.  Wink 

Currently watching "The Iron Bowl" (Go Auburn!).  Waiting for the Mizzou/Tx A&M game later tonight (GO TIGERS!).

Was that last play crazy or what?!?!?!?!?! That return has gotta be the highlight of the year!

If they didn't review that play to put one second on the clock it just would have went into over time. Instead we get a missed field goal that gets returned for a game winning TD..... Friggin' awesome!!!! What a game!!!

That's why I like college football!!!

Watching Stanford and Notre Dame now.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Currently watching Missouri vs Texas A&M.

21-21 in the 4th quarter...

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Watching UCLA vs USC now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:05 pm

chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

And Mizzou won 28-21 and they go on to face Auburn next week for the SEC Championship.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

And Mizzou won 28-21 and they go on to face Auburn next week for the SEC Championship.  
That's gonna be a good one!

Can't wait for the rankings to come out, too.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:19 am

Agents of Shield

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:21 am

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 619Y0D3HDBL._SY300_
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:33 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:27 am

exact33 wrote:
Agents of Shield
Watched the recent episode last night
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Rams vs Niners

It's painfully obvious that while the Rams show promise they're nowhere near the same class as San Fran.

Plus I guess it's time for the NFL to issue every team in the league a set of flags and just outlaw tackling altogether. Second week in a row the Rams are getting killed by iffy penalties.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Yesterday :

The Time Machine (1960) - Holds up well today. Excellent movie

The Golden Voyage Of Sinbad (1973) - A great movie from my youth. Excellent Ray Harryhausen effects and, not noticed in my youth, the beautiful and delectable Caroline Munro

On Svengoolie, another childhood favorite, Abbott And Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)- a film that never gets old

Today :

The Mighty Peking Man (1977) - A Hong Kong rip-off of King Kong,this is a movie I had heard about and always wanted to see. Thanks to Netflix,this has come to fruition. It's a campy little flick (as expected) but much better than it should be (unexpected) with some nice on location shooting and a beautiful blonde in the lead (Evelyn Kraft).

Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 619Y0D3HDBL._SY300_
I have very fond memories from that as a kid. As an adult, I've struggled to enjoy it, which is a shame. I suspect it's the acting, script and direction, all based around the comic book vibe, the execution of which puts me off but is probably the reason why others love it!

But still... Lynda Carter Wink 
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Take this Waltz

Our Idiot Brother
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Midseason finale of "The Walking Dead"... Holy crap. Bleakest ending since "The Empire Strikes Back."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Midseason finale of "The Walking Dead"... Holy crap. Bleakest ending since "The Empire Strikes Back."

A perfect way to end it at mid-season. Too bad we have to wait til February now.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:09 am

The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo (original)

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 10:59 am

I Need That Record! (2008)

A documentary about the endangered species known as the independent record store, which as we all know, is disappearing from the American landscape at an alarming rate.

According to the comments from high powered indie rock types like Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth), Mike Watt (the Minutemen) and Ian MacKaye (Fugazi) the loss of the corner record store isn't just a symptom of the problems in the music business, but with the corporate, big-box homogenization of American culture in general.

(In other words: Music = good. Big Business = bad. Mmmm-kay?)

Obviously this flick isn't gonna tell you anything you don't already know, but it's a fun watch due to the various 'characters' that are interviewed (shop owners, customers, musicians, etc.) ... plus the clips of people happily rooting through stacks of dusty LPs and CDs will bring back pleasant memories of the pre-digital age for music junkies...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:12 am

In the theater:

Gravity (2013) - Stunning, a simple story effectively told.  

At home:

My Week With Marilyn (2011) - A total delight.  Michelle Williams completely nails Marilyn.  Highly recommended.  Keep an eye out for Emma Watson as well.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 5142JlAmWTL._SX215_
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:13 am

High Fidelity (2000)

After being dumped by his latest girlfriend, a list-obsessive music junkie and Chicago record store owner (John Cusack) re-evaluates his many disastrous attempts at finding love in this dryly amusing comedy. Cusack's constant breaks through the 'fourth wall' where he addresses the viewer directly are hilarious, and so is Jack Black as an insanely elitist rock-snob record store employee (who proudly wears a Yanni tour shirt!).

Romantic comedies are not usually my 'thang' but this one gets a pass because of the excellent performances and its rock 'n' roll edge.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:42 am

Quote :
Jack Black as an insanely elitist rock-snob record store employee
It was this movie and that character in particular that made me forever dislike Jack Black. While I was never a big fan of his antics in general, his roll of douchy record store clerk remined me of a real douchy record store clerk that I had run-ins with. I could never dismiss Jack Black from that roll ever since. He will always be "that guy" in my mind.

I tried watching Bill Cosby's return to stand-up comedy last night. It's pretty lame. He sounds like an old man with rambling, pointless stories that have very little pay-off in the end. I stuck with it for about 35 minutes before I'd had enough.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:49 am

S.D. wrote:

My Week With Marilyn (2011) - A total delight.  Michelle Williams completely nails Marilyn.  Highly recommended.  Keep an eye out for Emma Watson as well.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 5142JlAmWTL._SX215_
While the movie overall was enjoyable, Monroe came off like a real pain-in-the-ass to work with. She was so damaged and fragile that you had to tip-toe around her and constantly tell her how wonderful she was or she'd collapse like a house of cards. Olivier was right to be pissed at her lack of professioanlism and constant neediness. Who needs that aggrivation?

Imagine working in a office with someone like that? No thanks.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 am

Insomnia sucks.....

SyFy had those hillbilly cannibal films playing late night

Kinda/sorta watched 4 and part of 5......wow ! last one I recall was 2

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:59 am

James B. wrote:
Insomnia sucks.....

SyFy had those hillbilly cannibal films playing late night

Kinda/sorta watched 4 and part of 5......wow ! last one I recall was 2
Which ones? Wrong Turn?

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 12:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

While the movie overall was enjoyable, Monroe came off like a real pain-in-the-ass to work with. She was so damaged and fragile that you had to tip-toe around her and constantly tell her how wonderful she was or she'd collapse like a house of cards. Olivier was right to be pissed at her lack of professioanlism and constant neediness. Who needs that aggrivation?

Imagine working in a office with someone like that? No thanks.
I find it fascinating, because really the way that she was treated by the studios and her various hangers on just worsened her condition and made her that much more fragile.  Look at the "acting coach" she travels with in the film, the one that gives her constant affirmation (even when it's not deserved) and puts Monroe's needs above everyone else.  Having Monroe surrounded by people like that is the same as buying endless rounds of drinks for an alcoholic.  It's a vicious circle.  The movie does show a hint of how Marilyn was more than just an actress, she was a worldwide cultural icon who couldn't step outside without getting mobbed anywhere. I don't think she was strong enough for that kind of pressure.

Olivier of course had every right to be upset but he was also a notorious perfectionist prick (he was played more sympathetically in the film than I expected).  The other thing to consider is how different his background was from Marilyn, Olivier had a hard time adjusting to Hollywood.  He was a respected stage actor and the theater is run more like a boot camp while Hollywood during that era was a posh country club by comparison.  I'm sure he felt completely lost working with a coddled Hollywood actress.  

As I said, I found it a fascinating film all around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next