Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
krokus
Fat Freddy
Short-Fuse
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Empty
PostSubject: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:25 pm

I recently downloaded a "horror" movie called "Black Roses". While the movie was ultra-cheesy the soundtrack kicked ass-it was even issued on Metal Blade back in 1988.The soundtrack features many prominent bands at the time such as King Kobra, Tempest, Hallow's Eve, Lizzy Borden, among others. Most of the music for the band "Black Roses" was performed by the members of King Kobra, with Mark Free on vocals, and Carmine Appice on drums.
Have you ever seen it? What's your favorite "metal" movie?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:39 pm

I haven't seen the movie in ages, but I enjoyed it back in the day in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

There's one line of dialogue that has stuck with me all these years: when the rocker kid's father tells him there are only two kinds of guys who wear earrings, "Pirates and homos...and I don't see a ship in our driveway." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't seen the movie in ages, but I enjoyed it back in the day in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

There's one line of dialogue that has stuck with me all these years: when the rocker kid's father tells him there are only two kinds of guys who wear earrings, "Pirates and homos...and I don't see a ship in our driveway." Laughing very hard
Yeah I remember that-wasn't that "Big p*ssy" from the Sopranos?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
wasn't that "Big p*ssy" from the Sopranos?
Sure, if you say so. The last time I saw the movie, "The Sopranos" wasn't even a thing yet, so I have no idea.... Very Happy

*EDIT* A quick look at the movie's IMDb page confirms that yes indeed, Vincent "Big P*ssy" Pastore was in "Black Roses."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Wow, the "Black Roses" soundtrack CD is quite the pricey collectible nowadays... copies on Amazon start at $69 and change and go up from there!!

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Roses-Various-Artists/dp/B00008EU8W/ref=sr_1_1?s=music-tradein&ie=UTF8&qid=1381868837&sr=1-1&keywords=black+roses+soundtrack

...however, if you've got a copy of the CD and you'd like to trade it in to Amazon, they'll give you a whopping 85 cents for it Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Absolutely terrible movie, I remember renting it to watch at a party and the movie was so bad we gave up about halfway through and watched something else instead.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:15 am

Saw it a long time ago. The blurb on the back of the box stated something about watching teenagers transformed into monsters on screen (or something to that affect) and that compelled me to rent it. I vaguely remember the movie; about the only thing that stands out is Lizzy Borden at the beginning of the movie.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Have the soundtrack on vinyl since the early 90s and the movie on dvd. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:42 pm

I love Black Roses (as well as Rock N' Roll Nightmare).

The soundtrack is most excellent too. I really like the Bang Tango song. Wish the damned thing wasn't out of print. Though a few years ago, a really nice version of the RNR Nightmare soundtrack was issued, so maybe this will get reissued at some point.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Pretty sure I saw the movie way back when, but don't remember a thing about it. I do seem to remember the soundtrack album being promoted hard and heavy in various metal mags of the day, like Circus, Hit Parader and Metal Edge.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:28 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I love Black Roses (as well as Rock N' Roll Nightmare).

The soundtrack is most excellent too. I really like the Bang Tango song. Wish the damned thing wasn't out of print. Though a few years ago, a really nice version of the RNR Nightmare soundtrack was issued, so maybe this will get reissued at some point.
Yes, i have that cd of the soundtrack from RNR NIGHTMARE with THOR on vocals. I also have the original version on vinyl and TAPE under the name TRITONZ:EDGE OF HELL released back in 1987. One of my fave soundtracks ever together with the TRICK OR TREAT soundtrack by FASTWAY. Pure magic 80s.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:50 am

krokus wrote:
One of my fave soundtracks ever together with the TRICK OR TREAT soundtrack by FASTWAY. Pure magic 80s.

headbanger  TOTALLY agree !
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Black Roses is an amazingly bizarre movie. From the crappy Demon makeup, to the constantly changing wig of the evil lead singer, to the clearly Canadian accents of the supposedly American characters, etc... this movie has it all! Oh, not to mention Big P*ssy getting sucked into a stereo while a Mentors album spins on the record player. It's a great bad movie and essential viewing IMHO.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:42 pm

I love crappy movies like Black Roses & Shock Em Dead. Unintentionally hilarious!

deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:58 pm

This movie's soundtrack got me into so many bands from this era, especially "Bang Tango". I played the heck out that tape. As well as Masi.

Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Black Roses is an amazingly bizarre movie.  From the crappy Demon makeup, to the constantly changing wig of the evil lead singer, to the clearly Canadian accents of the supposedly American characters, etc... this movie has it all!  Oh, not to mention Big P*ssy getting sucked into a stereo while a Mentors album spins on the record player.  It's a great bad movie and essential viewing IMHO.  

Holy shite! THAT MOVIE!

I've been sitting here reading this, too lazy to go on IMDB to find out what the F*ck you guys have been talking about, but you completely restored my memory. Dude, that movie was crazy back in the day. Also I was very young. But I remember the speaker bit very well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack   Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Roses-Horrible movie, terrific soundtrack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: