Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!

Go down 
+22
Chrome Locust
chewie
Citanul
Witchfinder
jettafiend
Boris2008
brokentulsa
kmorg
bass63
Orion Crystal Ice
Thrasher73
martinsane
mc666
Troublezone
Vexer6
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
manny
ultmetal
corplhicks
MetalRob331
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Empty
PostSubject: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:42 pm

This movie has perhaps one of the greatest soundtracks I know.. Having Soto and Matijevic singing with Zakk, Pilson, and Jason Bonham is a pretty impressive lineup...

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:02 pm

The original content was really good and helped the pretty horrible movie. Other than that, I'm still wondering why they didn't have Priest on the soundtrack when the movie was somewhat based on them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
This movie has perhaps one of the greatest soundtracks I know.. Having Soto and Matijevic singing with Zakk, Pilson, and John Bonham is a pretty impressive lineup...

Really impressive considering John Bonham died 21 years before the movie was made.

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:09 pm

I saw the movie and wasn't impressed. The soundtrack, however was quite good. Would have been better minus a few oddball artists peppered throughout.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
This movie has perhaps one of the greatest soundtracks I know.. Having Soto and Matijevic singing with Zakk, Pilson, and John Bonham is a pretty impressive lineup...

Really impressive considering John Bonham died 21 years before the movie was made.  

Laughing very hard 

We were hoping you could give us the lowdown on how they achieved such special fx since you're, you know, in the Hollywood area et al...Laughing 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 pm

I enjoyed the movie, though the ending sucked. I like the soundtrack.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm

I hated the movie and the soundtrack sucked even more
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Laughing very hard 

HAHAHA!! Thx! I guess being John is rly the only Bonham worth mentioning, I just used his name instead of Jason's..HAHAHHA!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:50 pm

The movie was mediocre (at best). Haven't heard the soundtrack in ages so I can't really recall anything from it.

I still think there should've been some sort of law forbidding The Artist Formerly Known As Marky Mark from playing a metal singer... Jennifer Aniston looked fiiiiiine dolled up in '80s metal hottie gear though.

Quote :
I'm still wondering why they didn't have Priest on the soundtrack when the movie was somewhat based on them?

To hear Priest tell it, the makers of the film never contacted them about the film at all. The scriptwriter had read a New York Times article about Ripper Owens' rise from singer in a tribute band to the real deal so he simply took that basic premise and ran with it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Im pretty sure Mark likes a lot of hard music even if he was some hiphop performer.. He is also my fav actor.. I like a ton of his movies...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I enjoyed the movie, though the ending sucked. I like the soundtrack.

I thought it was fun to watch and easily forgettable - the ending did suck. Metal singer moves to Seattle and discovers his "real" style is grunge lite??????

Fat Freddy wrote:

I still think there should've been some sort of law forbidding The Artist Formerly Known As Marky Mark from playing a metal singer...

110% agree!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Liked the film well enough, but it was a bit overlong, I thought the ending was OK but it could've been better.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Me and a friend were actually at the venue where some of the filming was done for the concert scenes. Everyone that showed up got a Steel Dragon t-shirt with the "Livin' The Life" slogan.

It was pretty cool. Megadeth and WASP were there entertaining the crowd. Mark Wahlberg was seen riding a bike around the building while everyone was waiting in line to get in.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm

That's a cool story^^^
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:02 am

Movie was awful, just as Halford said. I hated every minute of it. Nothing but a buffet line of cliches, and what made it worse was it was by the same director as Mr. Holland's Opus. Based on that movie, I expected way more.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 am

I like Jennifer, my wife likes Mark. Those were the only two things enjoyed by us in that movie.

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 am

My bestest buddy in the whole world wrote a boatload of music for this movie and was even cast as the bass player for Marky Marks cover band, however his band at the time got an offer to tour Japan and well he chose Japan over Hollywood...

The movie was good imho and I thought the SD tunes were great!

I also remember seeing some dvd outtake, maybe on the disc itself were MM is dissing the genre pretty hard.?!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 am

Loved the movie and the soundtrack.I watched it numerous times.The era it was set in just holds a special place for me.Of course I also liked Rock of Ages,so what can I say?Haha
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 am

corplhicks wrote:
Movie was awful, just as Halford said. I hated every minute of it. Nothing but a buffet line of cliches, and what made it worse was it was by the same director as Mr. Holland's Opus. Based on that movie, I expected way more.

This is my feels too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 am

Quote :
and what made it worse was it was by the same director as Mr. Holland's Opus

Also same guy who did "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" and "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead."

...maybe "Mr. Holland" was a fluke? scratch 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Also same guy who did "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" and "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead."

lol! 

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

All three great flicks..... Mr Holland was probably his best work, but Bill and Ted is my personal favorite of his flicks........ Has he even directed a movie since Rock Star bombed?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:34 am

thejokeriv wrote:

All three great flicks..... Mr Holland was probably his best work, but Bill and Ted is my personal favorite of his flicks........ Has he even directed a movie since Rock Star bombed?

A bunch of TV movies and direct-to-video stuff...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0378893/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Looks like his career took a dive after Rock Star.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

His next film after Rock Star was also a major flop, "Life Or Something Like It". A watchable movie, but it was a major financial disappointment. Surviving a single bomb is possible in Hollywood (depending on how expensive the film was) but two bombs in a row? Better get used to Lifetime movies and commercials.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!   Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rockstar Movie Soundtrack!!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next