Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Viking movie with metal soundtrack

Go down 
+7
Eyesore
T-Roy
Metallic Blaze
scottmitchell74
James B.
kmorg
Troublezone
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Viking movie with metal soundtrack Empty
PostSubject: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:26 am

Viking Movie 'Severed Ways' Features Metal Soundtrack

Viking movie with metal soundtrack Tony-stone-200lvg032509aVikings and metal go hand in hand, so it's no surprise director Tony Stone chose a hard rocking soundtrack for his new film, 'Severed Ways: The Norse Discovery of America.' The film features acts such as Burzum, Dimmu Borgir, Morbid Angel, Judas Priest, and more. "Some of the premise of the film was to have metal be a part of this," Stone tells Noisecreep. "With the raw nature of this film, it makes more sense than an arbitrary Hollywood score."

Based on the Vinland sagas – documents detail Norse voyages to North America hundreds of years before Columbus – the film follows two Vikings who are abandoned by their expedition. "They decide they want to return home, which is sort of an impossible task, and have their story written in stone," Stone says. "They encounter Christian monks and there are Native Americans following and tracking them."

For Stone, choosing the soundtrack was as easy as picking his favorite songs. "It's all music I'm a fan of, most of which we were listening to out in the woods during filming," he says. Songs from Norwegian black metal bands Burzum and Dimmu Borgir were chosen specifically for their relevance to the story. "Varg Vikernes from Burzum is in jail for church burnings and murder, so it's not arbitrary," Stone says. "Things haven't changed much as far as the religious conflict of Vikings, Christianity, and paganism."

Two Dimmu Borgir tracks are featured in the film. "Entrance" plays over a church burning scene, while "In Death's Embrace" backs a headbanging scene. "There's a headbanging part where the Viking is going through a ritual blessing his camp and food as an offering to the gods," Stone says. "It might sound preposterous, but it's a primitive act that's a real ritual in a bunch of cultures."

Stone also includes Judas Priest's "Caviar and Meths" from their debut album in the buildup to a battle and Queens of the Stone Age's "Spiders and Vinegaroons," which is used "during a bloodbath." He also goes lighter, using Brian Eno's "From The Same Hill" to show a Viking's conversion to Christianity.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:20 am

Wow, Viking movies are all the rage now, aren't they? I'm looking forward to Mel Gibson's upcoming film though. I might check this out too. I doubt they will be very authentic though.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:55 am

I thought this was another Brett F. topic Viking movie with metal soundtrack 201269

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:35 am

Sounds interesting will check it out.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Cool!

When does this come out?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Cool!

When does this come out?

It's already on dvd. I just rented it last night and i am disappointed. Not much action going on aside from one of the Vikings taking a crap in the forest.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Cool!

When does this come out?

It's already on dvd. I just rented it last night and i am disappointed. Not much action going on aside from one of the Vikings taking a crap in the forest.

LOL. Thanks for the info. I'll pass on getting this then.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 am

SOUNDS GREAT! Only good viking movie I've ever seen is Pathfinder. And it was awesome.

My boys have been studying vikings this whole school year. Very cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Pathfinder was a pretty decent movie.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:19 pm

kmorg wrote:
Wow, Viking movies are all the rage now, aren't they? I'm looking forward to Mel Gibson's upcoming film though. I might check this out too. I doubt they will be very authentic though.
I have this movie on my want list.

And Gibson is doing a viking flick? Wicked! There's not many out there, actually.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 pm

T-Roy wrote:
SOUNDS GREAT! Only good viking movie I've ever seen is Pathfinder. And it was awesome.

My boys have been studying vikings this whole school year. Very cool stuff.
Eh. Pathfinder looked amazing. The movie was just okay.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Quote :

I hope you find it for cheap because it's not very good.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I hope you find it for cheap because it's not very good.
Yeah, SwapaDVD. It would be under $5.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:26 pm

In comparison i would say Pathfinder was a lot better than this movie.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:36 am

Pathfinder is a remake of the Oscar nominated Norwegian movie, "Veiviseren". The original was about the original Nordic people, the Laps. Guess they totally changed that in Hollywood!

My favorite Viking movie is "Eric The Viking". Very Happy I've heart that Warrior 13 is pretty good too, but I haven't seen it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:57 am

The 13th Warrior is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:39 pm

The 13th Warrior is easily my favorite viking movie!!!

It's a MUST SEE!!!

Viking movie with metal soundtrack 6a00c22520e834f219011016641b2b860c-500pi
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 pm

I just hope this movie is nothing like Pathfinder. Piece of Viking movie with metal soundtrack 78889
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:21 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I just hope this movie is nothing like Pathfinder. Piece of Viking movie with metal soundtrack 78889

I'm sure it's much worse.

Pathfinder wasn't that bad. Not an all time favorite though either.
Back to top Go down
Forhekset
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:02 pm

I didnt like Pathfinder.

13th Warrior is definatly my favourite viking film. Not heard of this one. I will check it out though.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Forhekset wrote:
I didnt like Pathfinder.

13th Warrior is definatly my favourite viking film. Not heard of this one. I will check it out though.

13th Warrior is definitely the best one.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:55 pm

I was actually a bit disappointed by Severed Ways. 6/10
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:40 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Forhekset wrote:
I didnt like Pathfinder.

13th Warrior is definitely the best one.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:17 am

There's that new animated movie coming out called "How To Train Your Dragon" about a Viking boy and his dragon (of all things).
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 am

Pathfinder 9.5/10
13th Warrior 10/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viking movie with metal soundtrack   Viking movie with metal soundtrack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Viking movie with metal soundtrack
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next