Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE

Go down 
+13
nevermore
exact33
bass63
Alex Dee Rokket
BearOnUnicycle
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
snooloui
manny
Fat Freddy
martinsane
jettafiend
brokentulsa
17 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Empty
PostSubject: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:14 pm

On October 14th the Scorpions' classic album 'Crazy World' will be reissued as a 2CD deluxe set on Universal Music.   Here is the track list...

SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE 51TugANtW1L._SL500_AA280_

'Crazy World' Deluxe Edition track listing:
01. Tease Me Please Me
02. Don't Believe Her
03. To Be With You In Heaven
04. Wind Of Change
05. Restless Nights
06. Lust Or Love
07. Kicks After Six
08. Money And Fame
09. Hit Between The Eyes
10. Crazy World
11. Send Me An Angel
12. Wind Of Change (edit)
13. Big City Nights (live at the Moscow Peace Festival)
14. Wind Of Change (Russian version
15. Wind Of Change (Spanish version)
16. Holiday (live version)
17. Hit Between The Eyes
18. The Zoo

Live Crazy World Tour Bonus Disc:
01. Bad Boys Running Wild
02. Hit Between The Eyes
03. I Can't Explain
04. The Zoo
05. Rhythm Of Love
06. Crazy World
07. Can't Live Without You
08. Blackout
09. Dynamite
10. Lust Or Love
11. Big City Nights
12. Rock You Like A Hurricane
13. Tease Me Please Me (music video)
14. Don't Believe Her (music video)
15. Send Me An Angel (music video)
16. Wind Of Change (music video)
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Definitely a purchase here
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Why this particular release, I wonder, to get the deluxe make over?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Great album, and it was a great concert tour too, but I can't see myself double-dipping on this. My original CD is still in working order.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Great album, and it was a great concert tour too, but I can't see myself double-dipping on this. My original CD is still in working order.
I have to agree, good album, but why this disc?
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Why don't they just release the live disc separately? I'm going to have to try and grab this though. There is a shortage of live albums from Scorpions.

EDIT: Oh it's a DVD, not a CD and there are tracks missing (Big City Nights and Rock You Like a Hurricane are apparently not on the disc) angry 

SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE 71RTTUsq0aL._AA1500_

Last edited by snooloui on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Id like to the get the 2nd disc, but not pressed to replace my original pressing CD
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:22 pm

snooloui wrote:
Why don't they just release the live disc separately? I'm going to have to try and grab this though. There is a shortage of live albums from Scorpions.

EDIT: Oh it's a DVD, not a CD and there are tracks missing (Big City Nights and Rock You Like a Hurricane are apparently not on the disc) angry 

SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE 25679 

I HATE the song Rock You Like a Hurricane.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:36 pm

jettafiend wrote:
snooloui wrote:

Killer solo in that song...
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:44 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
snooloui wrote:

Killer solo in that song...
Killer song in that song...
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Very cool but I wish the older Scorps albums would get a similar treatment. As far as I can tell, there were no proper re-issues of the Scorps albums.

The 70s albums up to and include In Trance are basically direct from vinyl to CD pressings, and are imo are the best sounding Scorps albums in CD format for that reason. The albums from Tokyo Tapes onwards were re-issued several times - the ones I am familiar with are the 1997 Mercury reissues and then EMI re-issues in the early 00s. The EMI reissues are HORRIBLE, I have them because at the time I couldn't find anything else but they are so bright sounding they give me a headache.

I am considering buying the 1997 re-issues as they seem to sound better but I don't know anymore. Seriously are there any decent sounding versions of their more popular albums on CD?
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:05 pm

I think they are starting with this album but there will be deluxe reissues of some of the other albums in the future plus they are still saying there will be a release of material left from the blackout era that never made the album... one album i didnt know exsisted until recently was the Sting of the tail live album....

SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE 71P-gabyvHL._SL1170_
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:46 pm

I still need In Trance on cd but can only find it as an expensive import  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:59 pm

bass63 wrote:
I still need In Trance on cd but can only find it as an expensive import  :cry:
I have the Japanese edition on CD. For a long time it was the only version I could find on CD. Though the album has been re-issued in recent years (it usually appears in this box set with 2 or 3 other CDs from the era - slip cases) I must say I have yet to see it anywhere for sale.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
bass63 wrote:
I still need In Trance on cd but can only find it as an expensive import  Crying or Very sad
I have the Japanese edition on CD. For a long time it was the only version I could find on CD. Though the album has been re-issued in recent years (it usually appears in this box set with 2 or 3 other CDs from the era - slip cases) I must say I have yet to see it anywhere for sale.
i got In Trance in a 3 cd set.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:06 pm

martinsane wrote:
Why this particular release, I wonder, to get the deluxe make over?
I was wondering the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:13 pm

I discovered The Scorpions with Blackout and worked my way backwards, never forwards so I have never even heard this disc (obviously I know some of the Radio tracks)
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 pm

I think Wind of Change is the primary mover of the many copies this album sold and it is probably the reason why the deluxe Scorps editions would start with this album. Wind of Change is very well known across Europe both fans and non-fans of the band recognise this song.

Outside of this song however Crazy World does have some very good to strong tracks it's just that this single overshadowed pretty much the entire album imo. It's not a bad song, in the historical context but it's just not a song that traditional Scorps fans care much about. It's in a way the same as with Metallica's Nothing Else Matters - I never cared enough for that song in the context of Metallica but it was a song that brought in many non-metal and non-Metallica fans to the band. It's still played in every single concert.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 12:36 am

Both Virgin Killer and Love At First Sting were remastered by Audio Fidelity this year. I have both and they sound excellent. Axe Killer reissued Fly To The Rainbow, In Trance and Virgin Killer on a 2 disc set. It sounds fine to me. I believe Audio Fidelity is scheduled to do other Scorpions albums as well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:30 am

I highly recommend the Axe Killer box. My only problem with it is Fly To The Rainbow is tacked on as bonus tracks to the other two. Sorting it all out on my itunes was a nightmare.

I'm probably the only one, but I wish they would give Savage Amusement a similar treatment.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:15 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Both Virgin Killer and Love At First Sting were remastered by Audio Fidelity this year.  I have both and they sound excellent.  Axe Killer reissued Fly To The Rainbow, In Trance and Virgin Killer on a 2 disc set.  It sounds fine to me. I believe Audio Fidelity is scheduled to do other Scorpions albums as well.
This - Audio Fidelity does a killer job on the re-releases
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:13 pm

I just bought Crazy World, it's not even unwrapped. Oh well. If the album is good then maybe I'll get this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE   SCORPIONS   CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCORPIONS CRAZY WORLD DELUXE REISSUE
Page 1 of 1