Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING

Go down 
+10
chewie
Gilbert
Runicen
journeyman
manny
the sentinel
Glower
Thelemech
brokentulsa
14 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Empty
PostSubject: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:04 pm

SCORPIONS ANNOUNCE 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITIONS
WITH DELUXE REISSUES OF EIGHT CLASSIC ALBUMS
AVAILABE NOVEMBER 6

“It’s hard to summarize 50 years in words, but listening back to all those songs – many of them previously unreleased - recorded in one of our most creative periods, really took us back in time. The re-issues of these classic albums on CD/DVD and Vinyl is a very heartfelt project for all of us. It brought back great memories whilst we rediscovered our musical DNA by listening to the archives, selecting dozens of unreleased songs and early versions of well-known Scorpions anthems.
Have a rocking weekend!" Klaus, Rudolf & Matthias.
happy  These will include DVD's of rare performances, rare and unreleased tracks, all new linear books, posters, rare pictures and the whole project is being overseen by the scorpions themselves....
I am really pumped for this!!  headbanger
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:08 pm

1965 marks the starting point of one of the most successful rock bands of our time. Hailing from Hannover, Germany, the Scorpions embarked on a journey that would lead them around the globe and would establish them as one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

With the November 6th release of the 50th Anniversary Deluxe Editions, the Scorpions celebrate their impressive achievements and open their vaults to unleash hitherto unreleased songs, alternative versions of big hits, rough mixes and rare live concert footage.

In addition to dozens of unheard studio tracks and live recordings, all CD releases are equipped with extended booklets featuring rare photos and, single covers, backstage passes and additional liner notes by Edgar Klüsener, a former editor in chief of Metal Hammer who has followed the band‘s career closely over several decades. Five of the eight albums are accompanied with a DVD that contains live concert footage from the respective period, together with TV- performances and in- depth interviews with the band. In these interviews they talk about the background history and the creative process of each of these albums: “Lovedrive”, “Blackout”, “Love At first Sting”, “World Wide Live” and “Savage Amusement”.

The remastered LP formats are released on 180-gram vinyl in a sleeve replicating the first pressing. They also come with an audio CD, featuring the original track listing and the same bonus audio as the CD formats. A limited and numbered Deluxe Box Set will contain all remasted vinyl discs.

http://www.the-scorpions.com/

The albums are....
Blackout
Love At First Sting
World Wide Live
Savage Amusement
Lovedrive
Animal Magnetism
Tokyo Tapes
Taken By Force
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Looking forward to these and though I have all the albums on CD excluding Tokyo Tapes I will probably be buying these again.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 1:08 pm

My favorite cd by them - is Crazy World.
50 years - now that's some serious long-gevity !
I'm surprised at how many cultures know and like them.
I work with a Vietnam guy, Albanian, Peurto Rican, Equadorian - born -
they all admit, here in America, to liking their music -
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 7:47 pm

This looks awesome! I have almost their whole discography and I will still buy these cuz this is how you do deluxe editions!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 10:12 pm

I am not sure if I buy any of these special deluxe editions, wish they would release these tracks on individual albums, because I have a hard time justifying the same album twice

Last edited by manny on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 pm

The only thing I'd be interested in from these would be the unreleased tracks. I'm not sure I'd be getting any of them though.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 8:26 am

A good reason to get the vinyl. I have these already. Hopefully, Tokyo Tapes is restored to original track listing. Polar nights originally from Tokyo Tapes is now a bonus track on Taken by Force.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 10:07 am

The draw for me is the "dozens of unheard studio and live tracks" from "their most creative period" and the possible restoration of Tokyo Tapes. Also, if these are the "deluxe" or "legacy" editions that are in the 2 disc digibook format with the plastic cover, then it's worth it in my humble opine. I have no issue spending my weekly budget on one of these rather than the same amount for a single disc from Rock Candy for one or none bonus tracks and a 16 page booklet with a 4,000 word essay telling me things we all already know about the band.

The deluxe/ legacy editions I have of Thin Lizzy, Rainbow, Dio, and Def Leppard are awesome and I wish I had them all. A lot of the stuff that gets released as collector's editions I already own but my originals are getting pretty beat up after years of use so I either give em away or sell em cheap and start new.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:28 am

Am I the only one disappointed that these "anniversary" editions don't actually include the earliest albums? I know those weren't huge sellers, but I think some of those early platters are completely out of print at this point and kind of pricey.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:21 pm

What was the name of their first release? Lonesome crow right?

That is one album I never heard. need to check some samples.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 1:15 am

Gilbert wrote:
What was the name of their first release? Lonesome crow right?

That is one album I never heard. need to check some samples.

It's pretty odd, I have always but I liked it. If you listen to Krautrock you will not find it odd at all, though. I've had my copy since the 1980s. I've got the Rodney Matthews cover version. Here's a taste.

That tone sounds familiar!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 5:43 am

Of those I only own Love at First Sting. So maybe I should finally give in and buy at least Blackout, Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism and Taken By Force?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Anybody seen these yet? It says they were coming out on November 6th, but here we are almost a month later and I haven't seen anything in America. I thought Fridays was the world wide release date?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Runicen wrote:
Am I the only one disappointed that these "anniversary" editions don't actually include the earliest albums?  I know those weren't huge sellers, but I think some of those early platters are completely out of print at this point and kind of pricey.

Different record label, not part of the Mercury/Polygram imprint.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Here's what I read on Bob Mayo's Facebook page about them:

"For anyone interested in the bonus material on the recently released Scorpions 50th Anniversary Remasters, here's a rundown:
Most of the bonus stuff is demo material of previously-unheard songs, with Klaus Meine singing nonsense over most of the tunes. The 'Blackout' demos are the best. The 'Animal Magnetism' demos make it pretty obvious why this material wasn't used... 'Lovedrive' only has one bonus track, a demo of a song called 'Cause I Love You', and that sure sounds like Michael Schenker soloing on it... but It could also be Matthias Jabs; can someone confirm this?
For Uli Roth freaks, 'Taken By Force' has some demos and unfinished songs. But the best of the bunch is 'Tokyo Tapes', which has three songs performed at the shows that were recorded for the album but not included: 'Hellcat', 'Catch Your Train', and 'Kimi Ga Yo' (Roth playing the Japanese National Anthem solo!). All three are an Uli Roth freak's dream come true, with 'Hellcat' stretched out to 9:47 and being used as a Roth solo showcase. Also featured are complete versions of 4 songs that were heavily-edited for the album. If you'e going to spring for one of these expensive imports, I'd say go for 'Tokyo Tapes'."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Tokyo Tapes is their best album so this reissue sounds like a winner.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 1:59 am

S.D. wrote:
Tokyo Tapes is their best album so this reissue sounds like a winner.

+1
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:08 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Here's what I read on Bob Mayo's Facebook page about them:

"For anyone interested in the bonus material on the recently released Scorpions 50th Anniversary Remasters, here's a rundown:
Most of the bonus stuff is demo material of previously-unheard songs, with Klaus Meine singing nonsense over most of the tunes. The 'Blackout' demos are the best. The 'Animal Magnetism' demos make it pretty obvious why this material wasn't used... 'Lovedrive' only has one bonus track, a demo of a song called 'Cause I Love You', and that sure sounds like Michael Schenker soloing on it... but It could also be Matthias Jabs; can someone confirm this?
For Uli Roth freaks, 'Taken By Force' has some demos and unfinished songs. But the best of the bunch is 'Tokyo Tapes', which has three songs performed at the shows that were recorded for the album but not included: 'Hellcat', 'Catch Your Train', and 'Kimi Ga Yo' (Roth playing the Japanese National Anthem solo!). All three are an Uli Roth freak's dream come true, with 'Hellcat' stretched out to 9:47 and being used as a Roth solo showcase. Also featured are complete versions of 4 songs that were heavily-edited for the album. If you'e going to spring for one of these expensive imports, I'd say go for 'Tokyo Tapes'."

Ah, so these are import only then. Damn, I was really hoping the bonus material would be sweet. I think I will still go for Tokyo Tapes for the extras and the DVD with Blackout I believe it's the Dortmund show from '83. Thanks, as always, WF.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
Runicen wrote:
Am I the only one disappointed that these "anniversary" editions don't actually include the earliest albums?  I know those weren't huge sellers, but I think some of those early platters are completely out of print at this point and kind of pricey.

Different record label, not part of the Mercury/Polygram imprint.

This is true but Taken By Force and Tokyo Tapes were originally released on RCA in the states...

Possible when Universal/Rhino bought the up the universe of labels (or so it seems) there is still some litigation over those albums such as In Trance and Virgin Killer.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:25 pm

These deluxe editions are imports so they would be based on who owns the European rights to the material, the US releases would have nothing to do with it.

Same as the Sabbath Deluxe Editions were based on the Vertigo rights to the catalog, not the Warner Bros. rights (and the reason there was no bonus materal after Masters Of Reality, because all the other albums are in the Warner Bros. vaults which they did not have access to).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING   SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCORPIONS DELUXE EDITIONS COMING
Page 1 of 1