Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Empty
PostSubject: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:08 am

Funny little review from Blabbermouth...

Quote :
despite the singer having a lisp, the horrible lyrics, the dumbest ballad ever written (penis rising), some of the driest production this side of the sahara, and a total spit in the face of the old style of annihilator that hooked all us fans to begin with, I actually like this disc

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Laughing

I liked that album alot, I think that was out in '93, there was some albums that year that I was very happy with if I'm correct with the year.

examples

Savatage - Edge of Thorns
Overkill - I Hear Black (I know it's as dodgy as a ballet dancer with a veruca, but there's something about this disc)
Annihilator - Set the World on Fire
Morbid Angel - Covenant
Metal Church - Hanging in the balance (Ok so this cover art is as rough as a badgers arse after it has been dragged through a barb wire fence, but it's a great album.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Quote :
as a ballet dancer with a veruca

I wholeheartedly agree.

Wait....what did you say? scratch

lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:53 pm

It's my favorite Annihilator album, and one of my all time famorite albums ... period!

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:07 pm

kmorg wrote:
period!

you too ?

the woman's up the walls here in pain.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Locky wrote:
kmorg wrote:
period!

you too ?

the woman's up the walls here in pain.

lol! Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue 19976

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:09 pm

haha,

It is a very enjoyable album though, if only Jeff could release an album half as good as that nowadays, then I'd be happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Locky wrote:
haha,

It is a very enjoyable album though, if only Jeff could release an album half as good as that nowadays, then I'd be happy.

Step one would be for him to hire a decent vocalist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:50 pm

I know, Exodus & Metal Church are no better.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:55 pm

???

Ronny is an awesome singer.

And Jeff has made great albums with mediocre vocalists before ("Alice in Hell").
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Quote :

Perhaps, but I think he's in the wrong band.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Perhaps, but I think he's in the wrong band.

He does a great job on the old songs live and sounds similar to the other two guys. I think the songwriting on their last few albums is really mediocre. I don't blame any of it on Ronny. Same goes for JUDAS PRIEST.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:32 pm

Quote :
I think the songwriting on their last few albums is really mediocre.

Great point.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:33 pm

One problem I'll always have with Annihilator is Jeff doesn't exactly have a penchant for writing lyrics / vocal melodies. Amazing riffs and spectacular instrumental construction isn't always enough to hide away from a chorus like "SIXES. AND SEVENS."

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:34 pm

I totally agree Smindas.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:30 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Locky wrote:
haha,

Step one would be for him to hire a decent vocalist.

I second that!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:48 am

I got this cd very cheap used. And I became in love with it instantly. It's nothing like the annihilator we know. But the guitar melodies, And just everything about it is just amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue   Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annihilator - (Set the World On Fire) Reissue
Page 1 of 1