Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery

Go down 
+10
mikeinfla
Lari
Fat Freddy
Glower
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
Thelemech
the sentinel
brokentulsa
14 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Empty
PostSubject: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 pm

SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery CrazyWorld-450x450

Released on Nov. 6, 1990 Crazy World turns 25...This album spawned the huge hits "Wind Of Change", Send Me An Angel" and "Tease Me  Please Me".... I really Enjoyed this album alot and think it was a great follow up to 1988's Savage Amusement..In revisiting this album what does everyone think..

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 9:14 pm

In my honest dumb opinion, this is the last truly great Scorpions album. I remember getting this as a new release after work on a Saturday. On cassette, of course. Favorite tracks are "Don't Believe Her," and "To Be With You In Heaven."
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 9:17 pm

I was a little disappointed with it and soon got sick of hearing Wind Of Change everywhere I went.
Still a solid album though.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Maybe it was a bit different in the States but in Europe the fall of communism and the reunification of Germany was a big big deal, and whenever there was a programme about it, there was that sodding song!!!!!

The last great Scorpions album was Blackout.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 9:34 am

Boris2008 wrote:

This...

I don't see how anyone could call "Crazy World" a great album. I think it's an "acceptable" album. I think it's a poor man's "Love at First Sting" or "Savage Amusement". It has its moments, but there are too many holes in that album.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 4:24 pm

I love this release ! I think it's their greatest - Like GNR had 'A.F.D'
(then - it was the slow downhill - of the 80's style metal )
It just drips with sex - wild times - wild gals - travel -
a ballad- even a political song.
Love or Lust - is one of my favs - those lyrics - damn -
Don't Believe Her - Between The Eyes - great lyrics and melodies/harmonies.
I wanted to buy this concert shirt on Ebay - but it went for 50 bux -
wish I had seen them when they showed up - they toured the globe -
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 5:39 pm

A great release. I bought it as a new release (and it was the last Scorps album that I did) and it still gets regular listens by me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 5:46 pm

This album renewed my interest in the Scorpions back in the day. Saw the tour for it at the Nassau Coliseum in early 91.
...great show but you could tell "the end" was coming as far as bands like the Scorps playing at the arena level. The place was less than half full.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 7:45 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

This...

I don't see how anyone could call "Crazy World" a great album. I think it's an "acceptable" album. I think it's a poor man's "Love at First Sting" or "Savage Amusement". It has its moments, but there are too many holes in that album.

Well, I did.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 8:16 am

It's a very tame album. I bought it for the hits, but once those wore off, it's not very good. I could play it and enjoy it, if I skip most of the tracks.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 11:06 am

I bought it on cassette day of release. I liked it better than Savage Amusement but still not as good as Blackout Of Love At First Sting. Still an enjoyable album I wish I still had it.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 9:25 pm

Never really liked this as an album. Maybe a couple of songs like Don't Believe Her and Hit Between the Eyes are ok, but the rest I can do without.

If I never have to hear Window Change again, I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 11:56 pm

This was the first Scorpions album I ever owned, so it obviously had a fairly big impact on me as a music fan.

I would say Face the Heat is actually the last really great Scorpions album, though. In fact, I'd go so far as saying it's better than Crazy World. Very underrated.

Aside from Eye II Eye, though, they really haven't released a bad album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm a casual fan of the Scorpions and have never owned or heard this entire album. However, I've heard 'Winds of Change' enough in my lifetime to never want to hear it again. Ever. I understand the cultural impact it had with the Berlin Wall, the fall of communism and all that, but man did they play the ever lovin' sh*t outta that song.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 1:07 pm

I've never really cared for "Winds of Change." Not a bad song by any means, but it's just too sappy for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 2:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm a casual fan of the Scorpions and have never owned or heard this entire album. However, I've heard 'Winds of Change' enough in my lifetime to never want to hear it again. Ever. I understand the cultural impact it had with the Berlin Wall, the fall of communism and all that, but man did they play the ever lovin' sh*t outta that song.

When I saw the Crazy World tour in early '91, "Winds of Change" hadn't been released as a single yet but it was already in their set list. I remember Klaus making a speech about how it was a very special song to them, because the Berlin Wall came down just a few weeks after they'd recorded it.

I gotta tell ya, it was a great live song, they had a big video screen onstage that showed film clips of the Wall coming down, statues of Stalin being tipped over, East and West Germans hugging and waving flags, etc. I had been to Germany a few years earlier and had been to the Berlin Wall (I even painted graffiti on it!), so I'll admit, I got a tear in my eye watching it....

...but then MTV and radio got hold of that song and humped all the life out of it. By the end of Summer 1991, I never wanted to hear it again. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 8:54 pm

...but then MTV and radio got hold of that song and humped all the life out of it. By the end of Summer 1991, I never wanted to hear it again. Haha.

Truer words have never been spoken, FF.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 10:06 pm

I like the album, its not a great album and its not a terrible album. It sits right in the middle somewhere in their discography. It was an album where the band was playing it safely creatively speaking, thou 'Winds of Change' was a bit of different from their other ballads, too bad I got so sick of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery   SCORPIONS  "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCORPIONS "CRAZY WORLD" 25th anniversery
Page 1 of 1